Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: France defeats Lithuania to win Eurobasket 2013; Tony Parker MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    The NBA has what, 10% of the players in the tournament? Yet they have almost all the best performers.
    Put down the meth pipe.

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid...ason_2013.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/97...robasket-title

TP displays his leadership of this French team in the above article. Right after the overtime victory over Spain, TP tells Batum he(Batum) has to be "the Man" in the Gold Medal game. TP knew he would be exhausted, and Batum and Team France carries TP to the Gold Medal after TP carried them for years.

The NBA's best PG is now Eurobasket Champion. Good for him since the Spurs should have won over the Heat. The basketball gods side with TP this time around.
    Just another NBA player dominating European teams.

Quote Originally Posted by vinvin01
    I can't believe how nobody mentions Florent Pietrus. This guy is France's best defensive player by far. He turned around the semifinale againt Spain, by turning on the defensive intensity.

Can't believe how he spent nearly all of his career as a bench player for teams that weren't relevant in Spain, and then was one of our best players on the national team nearly every year for the last 10 years. He's coming back to the French championship this year and it will be a pleasure to see him play every week
    Well, he's a much better player than his brother, that spent years in the NBA. Which is more proof of how overrated the NBA is.

These NBA only fans would call him "Euro scrub" and his brother "legit NBA player". Yet he is much better than his brother, and his brother could no way in hell even make France's national team.

But of course he always manages to be in the "vastly superior NBA" somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Just another NBA player dominating European teams.

Tony Parker:

1 European championship

1 European MVP

3 NBA championships

1 NBA MVP

Just another European player that owns the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Tony Parker:

1 European championship

1 European MVP

3 NBA championships led by Tim Duncan

1 NBA Finals MVP
    Fixed for clarity.

Just another European player that owns the NBA.
    I wouldn't say he dominates the NBA. Guy is barely top 5 at his position. Over in Europe though? He can win tourney MVP's playing relaxed and passive. Reports say he didn't even take the tournament seriously, that it was "for fun".

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Fixed for clarity.

I wouldn't say he dominates the NBA. Guy is barely top 5 at his position. Over in Europe though? He can win tourney MVP's playing relaxed and passive. Reports say he didn't even take the tournament seriously, that it was "for fun".

He ia arguably the best

Fixed for clarity.

Tony Parker:

1 European championship

1 European MVP

3 NBA championships led by Tim Duncan

1 NBA Finals MVP

Parker was finals MVP in 2007, whether you like it or not. Duncan was not considered as the leader of that finals.

Yeah and this guy has the audacity to call others trolls...............

It's also been widely reported that Parker stated he never gave more than 30% effort in any NBA game.

Banned

It's also been widely reported that Parker stated he never gave more than 30% effort in any NBA game.
    Homeless people screaming on the streets of Arkansas aren't credible sources.

Congrats to France!

Good college starter

Parker was finals MVP in 2007, whether you like it or not. Duncan was not considered as the leader of that finals.

Yeah and this guy has the audacity to call others trolls...............

Tim Duncan is the end all be all of Spurs.

He won a ring with Avery Johnson as the PG.

Spanoulis was backup for Skip, Lucas and Head

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Well, he's a much better player than his brother, that spent years in the NBA. Which is more proof of how overrated the NBA is.

These NBA only fans would call him "Euro scrub" and his brother "legit NBA player". Yet he is much better than his brother, and his brother could no way in hell even make France's national team.

But of course he always manages to be in the "vastly superior NBA" somehow.
    I agree he's always been better than his brother. He's just the type of player that the NBA never wants, because he's undersized for his real position. Their loss though, I think he could have done good.

So how much rest will pop give his spurs trio now?

Saw a basketball once