Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default What if Magic didnt retire in 1991?

The reason Magic retired was because of lack of knowledge about HIV, not just from his side, but from everybody else, especially in the league at that time.... Magic said himself that if he knew what he (and everybody else) found out later he would have stayed.... you can read more about that here: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...because-of-hiv

He came back in 1996, 32 years old, dropping 15-7-6 of the bench as a Forward with limited minutes, per minute he was as efficient as much of his prime career.... [I]"The other time I came back, I got a cut, and I saw the fear. So I said I don

Default Re: What if Magic didnt retire in 1991?

I gotta say, Mikey was lucky as sh!t he didn't have to go through a healthy Lakers team...nevermind a healthy Lakers team w/ Kareem.

Bulls-Lakers matchups would've been INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I gotta say, Mikey was lucky as sh!t he didn't have to go through a healthy Lakers team...nevermind a healthy Lakers team w/ Kareem.

Bulls-Lakers matchups would've been INSANE.
    That Magic/Laker team in 1991 was good enough to be a pest for Jordan/Bulls, Magic could have perhaps got another key player he could showtime with sometime there and ruined Jordans plans somewhat.... who knows...

Nobody knows, you moron.

Is this your contribution to this forum? Pointless hypotheticals?

Worst poster on this site by FAR.

Banned

Then Kobe never blocks Lebron in the ASG and your dignity, what's left of it, remains intact.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

I wonder how this would have effected the '96 draft. I mean Magic would have been nearing the end of his career at that point but it still might have changed everything. He would have been about 36 in his 16th season but there is no reason to think he couldn't have hung around that long.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I wonder how this would have effected the '96 draft. I mean Magic would have been nearing the end of his career at that point but it still might have changed everything.
    The timeline would be altered significantly. Way too much uncertainty to even speculate.

Stupid topic by a stupid poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Nobody knows, you moron.

Is this your contribution to this forum? Pointless hypotheticals?

Worst poster on this site by FAR.
    Sorry, maybe i should instead contribute with random insults, lack of bball knowledge and abnormality like you and hence be such an excessively colossal poster like you.... now stop derailing basketball threads and go back discussing Lebrons deformed feet....

Oh, c'mon. We barely lost to them in game 1, and then SHIT on them in a backdoor sweep. Old, decrepit Kareem wouldn't have made all that big of a difference 1991. By 1992? Are you serious? The Lakers were done. MJ out Magic'ed Magic in the '91 Finals. 31 ppg and 11 apg. Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Oh, c'mon. We barely lost to them in game 1, and then SHIT on them in a backdoor sweep. Old, decrepit Kareem wouldn't have made all that big of a difference 1991. By 1992? Are you serious? The Lakers were done. MJ out Magic'ed Magic in the '91 Finals. 31 ppg and 11 apg. Nuts.
    Scott and Worthy weren't 100%, though. Each missed a game in the Finals, iirc. Had Scott not ****ed up his ankle in the series prior, who knows? I do know that w/ Coop and Kareem, the Lakers would have fared better. A lot better, actually.

Scott and Worthy weren't 100%, though. Each missed a game in the Finals, iirc. Had Scott not ****ed up his ankle in the series prior, who knows? I do know that w/ Coop and Kareem, the Lakers would have fared better. A lot better, actually.
    Possible case with Worthy. With Scott? He was going to do shit with PEAK Mike? Dude would get shit on just like he did in the '91 Finals. They would have faired better, but old ass Kareem or healthy Worthy probably pushes the series to 6, off chance of 7. I don't think they beat the '91 Bulls. That defense was swarming, and ridiculous.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

@ this subliminal Lebron thread.

Pauk imagining ways to take Jordan down a notch so his loverboy can be GOAT.

I dont think the 1991 championship answers that question entirely. The Bulls were peaking, the Lakers were recovering from losing Jabbar etc. and still got to the Finals, i am not even sure if Bulls would have won in just 5 games had Worthy and Scott not fallen injured in game three and out for the final 2 games leaving Magic with rookies Elden Campbell and Tony Smith to challenge the Bulls, just saying.... Magic was still at his best, nothing Pippen/Jordan did on him defensively stopped him from getting his... considering that and how good the Lakers still were (perhaps Magic/Lakers would have recieved another great player/players to fit their puzzle) i believe Magic/Lakers could have indeed bothered Jordan/Bulls later on.... hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    @ this subliminal Lebron thread.

Pauk imagining ways to take Jordan down a notch so his loverboy can be GOAT.

Possible case with Worthy. With Scott? He was going to do shit with PEAK Mike? Dude would get shit on just like he did in the '91 Finals. They would have faired better, but old ass Kareem or healthy Worthy probably pushes the series to 6, off chance of 7. I don't think they beat the '91 Bulls. That defense was swarming, and ridiculous.
    They probably still lose. A healthy '91 Lakers team w/ '88 or '89 Kareem would be interesting, tho.