Default Hakeem had the greatest peak play than any other player

Period.

Default Re: Hakeem had the greatest peak play than any other player

Ha Ha

3-time NBA All-Star

Game= Wilt
    Season= Wilt

Hakeem....the most OVER-RATED player on ISH. He of the ONE MVP in 18 seasons. He of the EIGHT FIRST-ROUND PLAYOFF exits. He of the player who led his team to three playoff losses to lower seeds.

ZERO scoring titles. TWO rebound titles (and BADLY outrebounded by a TEAMMATE in one season AND post-season.) ZERO FG% titles.

The greatest peak my ass!
    Last edited by jlauber; 06-07-2011 at 01:16 AM.

I rep my cat, Nurple. FadeAwayJ13's Avatar

Supporting facts? No?

Okay.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Soothing Layup
    Period.
    Semicolon

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Game= Wilt
    Season= Wilt
    '93-'95 Hakeem > any multiple year stretch by Wilt

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'll take Shaq's peak over Hakeem's thank you very much.

I hit 30-footers

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

Oh, I'm not laughing at the statement either.

3-time NBA All-Star

Get back to me when you find a regular season game in which he scored 100 pts (or even SIX of 70+), or even 32 of 60+. Get back to me when you find a playoff game in which he put up a 56-35 (in a must-win elimination game), or even a 50-35 playoff game in a must-win elimination game (and against Russell BTW), or a 46-34 game in a must-win elimination (and again, against Russell.) Or a 39 ppg -23 rpg seven game playoff series. Or perhaps a SEASON of 50 ppg (or 45 ppg), or averaging 40 ppg over his first seven seasons...COMBINED. Or a 45 point, 20-27 shooting, 27 rebound FINALS game!

Get back to me when you find a game in which Hakeem had 55 rebounds (and BTW, outrebounding Russell in that game...55-19), or a playoff game of 41 rebounds (and BTW, it was again, against Russell.) Or a 27.2 rpg regular SEASON. Or a 30 rpg POST-SEASON. Or a 32 rpg series, and against a player of the caliber of Russell no less. Or 15 of the TOTAL of 28 40+ rebound games...in NBA history (and a 7-1 H2H edge against Russell...as well as a 23-4 H2H edge against Russell in 35+ rebound games.) Or a 38 rebound FINALS game (and against Thurmond no less...as well as 27-38 Finals game against Russell.)

Get back to me when you find a 100-25 game. Or a 78-43 game. Or a 56-45 game (or FOUR 50-40 games in his career.) Or a 44-43 game as he had against Russell. Or how about this TRIPLE-DOUBLE... 53 points, 32 rebounds, and 14 assists. Or how about this TRIPLE-DOUBLE... 22 points, 25 rebounds, and 21 assists. Or a 24-32-13-12 QUAD-DOUBLE and against Russell in the playoffs. Or a TRIPLE-DOUBLE SERIES in the '67 ECF's...and against Russell. The ONLY FOUR 50-40 games in NBA HISTORY. 55 of the TOTAL of 61 40-30...in NBA HISTORY. And 103 of the TOTAL of 131 30-30 games...in NBA HISTORY. Or a 30-30 PLAYOFF series...and against Russell (in a seven game series, in which Wilt took a 40-40 team to a game seven, ONE-point loss against the HOF-laden 62-18 Celtics!)

Get back to me when you find a game in which Hakeem went 15-15 from the field, or 16-16 from the field, or 18-18 from the field. Or had a 66 point game on 29-35 shooting. Find me a season in which Hakeem shot .727, or .683 from the field. Find me a Finals in which he shot .625 (as well as averaging 23.2 ppg and 24.1 rpg.)

Get back to me when you find a game in which Hakeem had 21 assists. Or a playoff game with 19 assists (and 30 rebounds.) Or a season in which he led the NBA in assists.

Find me a game in which Hakeem blocked 25 shots, or even a RECORDED 23 block game in a nationally televised game in 1968.

Yep...get back to me when you can find Hakeem even coming remotely CLOSE to ANY of those achievements.

That ANYONE would claim that Hakeem had a greater peak, or CAREER, than Chamberlain.
    Last edited by jlauber; 06-07-2011 at 01:53 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

I just addressed this TRASH. ONLY in Fecal9's world.

I think the fact that Wilt could average those crazy numbers were a testament of the pace and level of competition back then, not of his ability.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Nope.

And an even bigger NOPE to the notion that Hakeem's peak was better than Wilt's.

I hit 30-footers

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I think the fact that Wilt could average those crazy numbers were a testament of the pace and level of competition back then, not of his ability.
    This.

Pace of era must be given significant consideration. For example, Rodman destroys him in TRB%.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    The numbers are inflated compared to what he would do today of course, but if it was so easy.....

Why did no other player come close to putting those kind of numbers up?

Who the f*ck cares about Wilt here? Damn it, I'm sick of all those stupid long ass paragraphs by jlauber to vindicate Wilt.