Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: How would you fix the Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival

Having said all this, there is still hope for this team. CP3 is an all time great and never underestimate greatness. DJ might improve. The other guys might come around. Maybe it's a matter of jelling with all these new pieces. But this team has not looked like a championship contender, that's for sure. The biggest worry is CP3 for me. He just can't break down defenders like he used too. That made this offense dangerous. So he's being corraled a bit better.
    Really? What has he ever accomplished in the playoffs?

I'd trade DeAndre Jordan for Danilo Gallinari and JJ Hickson.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Did you just ask if Blake's play will translate to the playoffs?

I don't know, does 26/13/6 on 51 percent seem like it translated?

And Paul's days of averaging high point totals are gone unfortunately.
    Every season is different, there's a high chance that it will translate well over to the playoffs (but there's also a high chance that it will not, let's not be naive about this subject, we've seen it over and over again with players in his level) but with this team chemistry & team play they're showing -- they look lost & that LITTLE THING MATTER & it might f*cking lead to other aspects of the game like, maybe, I don't know? F*cking production? Poor overall team play often leads or affects individual performance.

He's not smooth as Dirk who can shoot effortlessly, whereas Blake has to dance around the paint for him to score. I wouldn't say it's a terrible idea for him to do that, it's his game & that's the reality of it, though it's as if he has to put an extra effort to score whether if it's mid-range or posting up. And on top of that, isn't he still working on his jumpshot, fixing its arch & loosening up its stiffness?

Who knows if he'll put up huge numbers in the playoffs? Who the f* knows? But the reality is that they're struggling now & maybe because it's all part of the early season slump? But, as of right now, they do not look good which is why I brought up this thread.

Do you think Blake's capable of taking over a game? Do you think he'll ever get to Dirk status in terms of creating shots for himself? Do you think he'll ever be as smooth as Dirk in the post in his prime? Obviously, he doesn't have the shooting touch like Dirk right now, but as a fan, you would think that would be the goal you would want for Blake since he completely wants to reinvent his game add the shooting game to his arsenal. I can remember him saying that he doesn't want to be the guy that was known for dunking. Reaching Dirk's shooting status is my goal for Blake right now & I would love for him to improve now in his mid-range. I think this is where we all disagree, I love it when he takes these mid-range jumper, it tells & shows me that he badly wants to expand his game & take it to another level, but it just does not look good right now & that's the reality of it. Him improving his mid-range jumper could be the answer to all of this. Less hassle & effort to score an easy 2 points rather than spinning & dancing. Think about it.

I don't want make you lose hope, just being realistic.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 12-09-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Really? What has he ever accomplished in the playoffs?
    Please don't, bro.

The 1st thing I would do without even thinking is get rid of Jamal Crawford no matter what. He's an awful, awful player. He's a complete negative on both sides of the floor in the playoffs. I don't really like using this word but he's a cancer to any team's title hopes.

Then I would add a 2-way wing player that can score and defend well. Then I'd add as many solid bench players as possible especially a decent backup Center and PG.

People (predictably) keep talking about scoring but that's the least of their problems. They've have been the best offensive team for the past couple of seasons. The core they have (Paul/Redick/Griffin/Jordan) is amazing offensively. Easily good enough to win a championship.

Their problems are:

1) Terrible bench play

2) Inconsistent defense

These are the reasons they haven't taken that next step and become contenders. They don't defend well especially on the wing. They don't get the stops they need to. They can't keep teams off the line. They don't rebound like a championship team is supposed to.

They don't have hard working 2-way players. Just a bunch of entitled knuckleheads. No defensive toughness, no defensive resistance, very little discipline = no championship.

Blake's jumper is the least of my worries. It's gotten better every season.

His issue lies in his mindset...when he's aggressive/attacking the basket through out the entire game we almost always win, and when he's passive/floating around the perimeter we lose more often than not.

Unfortunately, he still has passive games...less this season than previous ones, but it's still a problem.

Look at the amount of players the Warriors and Spurs have that contribute on both ends of the floor.

Then look at the Clippers. How many players do they have that play hard and play well on defense and offense? What about OKC?

This is why the Spurs and Warriors are above everybody else in the west. They're balanced, they're disciplined and they have contributing players coming off their benches at all times. They don't just play one side of the floor and rely strictly on star power.

Trade Blake. For some solid pieces and a borderline superstar like Paul Millsap or even Favors.

No team wins with Blake as the 1 or even 2nd option.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Fire Doc as coach, keep him in the front office if you like. Get rid of Mike Woodson too. Trade Crawford for anything or reduce his minutes. Give a guy like CJ Wilcox a shot even. Doc only plays his favorites.

They shouldn't of traded Barnes like that, I feel like he always gave 100% on the floor and was a good chemistry/locker room guy. Paul Pierce and Josh Smith are the biggest losers of the 2015 offseason, these guys both had good roles on playoff teams, both averaged double figures. Pierce was a starter and averaged 15 a game in the playoffs, now they both getting 15mpg and scoring only 4ppg...Doc has lost his mind. What is taking him so long, why not just start Pierce? Problem solved.

CP3
    Redick
    Pierce
    Griffin
    Jordan

idk how the bench rotation will look like, but they should try to trade for Jack from Brooklyn. Him and Thad for any combination of Smith/Stephenson/Crawford makes sense for both teams. Brooklyn has nothing to lost when it comes on these guys, who knows they might catch fire as starters in the East and light it up. For the Clips, Thad would be a good fit playing both backup SF/PF, or even starting for Pierce. Jack is a tough player, and would do a better job than Rivers at PG.

Or hell, even trade for Joe Johnson. JJ&JJ together in the starting lineup really spreads the floor for the Clips. Oh and resign big baby, you need hustle players.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Did you just ask if Blake's play will translate to the playoffs?

I don't know, does 26/13/6 on 51 percent seem like it translated?

And Paul's days of averaging high point totals are gone unfortunately.
    translate it to me in wcf pls

Decent college freshman

They don't have guys who can both play D and hit 3s at a respectable level aside from JJ. People expected Doc's summertime acquisitions to fix their bench problems, but they don't have a true backup PG and Doc doesn't really give Prigioni the chance to do anything.

I wouldn't trade BG unless you decide to completely start over. You can maybe trade CP3, but that would be a move setting you up for the summer + future (would most likely throw away contending this year, though they don't look nearly as good as the Dubs or Spurs). Smart teams may stay away from CP3 anyway since they know he's declining. I can only realistically picture teams like Bulls, Nets, and Knicks doing a deal there.

DJ is the one piece where you can maybe expect to receive the biggest haul. Would Boston do DJ/Wilcox for Amir/Crowder/Hunter + Dallas first? Probably not, but that's likely the best haul they'd get for him.

This is a #hottake but the Clippers window likely has passed them by. Also, they have got to hire a real GM this summer.

As long as they have Chris Paul, they won't win a single title

He's a mental midget with a loser's mentality

Put another racist in charge than expose him during the playoffs. They seemed to play the best when they had a chip on their shoulder ala the Sterling audio tape era

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Put another racist in charge than expose him during the playoffs. They seemed to play the best when they had a chip on their shoulder ala the Sterling audio tape era
    What?
    They got bounced early like always.