Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default How satisfied are the Bulls fans with Derrick Rose?

There are lots of Bulls fans here and they seem to be torn on how they view the current version of Derrick Rose. Some seem to be happy that he was able to come back to play at all and still think that he will be a top 10 point guard in the league soon, while others seem to be unsatisfied with his performance and think that he may be done.

Bulls fans, how satisfied are you with Derrick Rose?

Default Re: How satisfied are the Bulls fans with Derrick Rose?

It's hard honestly, this is my guy man but at the same time it's like bruh, sometimes the things he does or the things he says makes me think like damn

It kills me when you see reporters or commentators referring to a move as 'vintage Rose' though, acting like the dude is a 20 season vet in the league, he's only 27.

I still believe he can pick it up a bit more as the season continues and bring a solid contribution once playoffs roll around, but I'm divided on what the Bulls should do once his contract is up, he IS Chicago, him and Noah, those two just wouldn't look right in any other jersey ever. But at the same time if he is asking for too much money, they can't be giving it to him like it's nothing

hes been playing pretty good without his mask. Still the driving force in winning games. last nights game the knicks came back from about an 8 point deficit to lead when rose was out, and it was game from there.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

I am really happy that Rose is able to be on the court after being sidelined for so long. We talk about his injuries all the time (every thread) but it seems like 99% of us have forgotten to be happy is able to play again. I don't think anyone should have to be a Bulls fan just to...(what term or words can I use to not make everyone attack me?)...to see such a "well known" player that has previously made "an impact" on the game of Basketball return to play.

I think everyone not named Nathanjizzle is in agreement that his quality of play is below whatever each of us would have called it in the past. It doesn't matter if you thought he deserved an MVP or not, we all see less than what we did previously. I am honestly ok with that given that he has had so many injuries. His body is in a limited capacity now and it's going to be up to him to find ways to positively affect his team while on the court.

I am alright with how much or how little he is able to give on the court going forward. What I do have a problem with is the nonsense going on in his personal life or the stupid things he says whenever a microphone is put in front of him.

I will always appreciate the excitement and hope Rose brought to me in the past as both a Basketball fan and as a Bulls fanatic. I can live with his abilities slipping away and even becoming the lowest guy on the team. Hell....even last in the league if it ever gets that bad.

I just want him to not be a fool off the court and stop the stupid comments that disrupt and distract the team from having more cohesiveness and success. Is that too much to ask for?

Its good to see him playing after what he had gone thru

Hes not afraid of big moments

5-time NBA All-Star

I never seen an obsession of an injured player like I consistently see on this board with Rose. And people judging him as if he's fully healthy on top of that is majorly dysfunctional. I just wanted to get that out because OP has started several threads like this. When you see Rose making his favorite shot and doing his favorite move - he's then healthy. Its not that hard.

Have you ever been satisfied with an injured player in any sport? Its a silly question.

When he plays well, it means a ton to the team. He's the only one that can impact a game like Butler even in this very reduced state. Last year, without his favorite move or shot he still won more playoff games than most superstars in the game. He's still one of the best players in the league in a marquee matchup, doing it this year and last year in a very reduced state after owning marquee matchups in '11 and '12.

The evaluation of Rose now doesn't mean much. If he's improving that's the main thing. He's shows signs that he can outplay almost anybody without his favorite shot or favorite move.

The Bulls had like 9 top 7 picks in the first 7 years after Jordan, and Rose was the only one that could change fortunes despite being uncommonly young in his ability to do so. So yeah, there is a gratefulness for that.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

i think rose needs be benched like rookies get benched if you cant play you sit till you figure stuff out. BROOKS > ROSE --- he does show flashes but what streaky player dont show flashes.....

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

It's clear that Rose should not be starting. He's hurting the team when he's on the floor. How the Bulls fans think he's a top 5 point guard in the league is beyond me.

Rose will be in the CBA soon

Decent playground baller razzredazzre's Avatar

I've been a fan since his rookie year when he was tearing up the Celtics in the playoffs but I don't ****ing get why he keeps trying to play like it's still ****ing 2011.

I mean he's still trying to just bullldoze everyone like he used to due to his insecurity to prove that he can still be athletic or some shit or maybe he's too stubborn to change his playing style idfk. It worked 70% of the time in 2011 but like 25% of the time in 2015.

Despite all that he's having some real good games time by time showing some flashes of 2011. But still I'd wish he adapt more to his current state but apparently he has not adapted sufficiently to stay at a consistent all-star level.

Overall I'm like 5/10 content considering he backed the **** off from his mental challenge way too much. I really don't care that much
    anymore if he's willing to get the **** out of chi-town. He really let us some loyal Bulls fans down when we all stuck with him crying through injuries and now he's talking free agency while he didn't even seem to try or really care about winning, etc these past years post 2011.

Hope shit turns out the best for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    It's clear that Rose should not be starting. He's hurting the team when he's on the floor. How the Bulls fans think he's a top 5 point guard in the league is beyond me.

I don't know anyone other than Nathanjizzle that is willing to say that much. I think the belief among Bulls fans is that IF Rose was healthy, he would once again be a top 5 point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by razzredazzre
    I've been a fan since his rookie year when he was tearing up the Celtics in the playoffs but I don't ****ing get why he keeps trying to play like it's still ****ing 2011.

I mean he's still trying to just bullldoze everyone like he used to due to his insecurity to prove that he can still be athletic or some shit or maybe he's too stubborn to change his playing style idfk. It worked 70% of the time in 2011 but like 25% of the time in 2015.

Despite all that he's having some real good games time by time showing some flashes of 2011. But still I'd wish he adapt more to his current state but apparently he has not adapted sufficiently to stay at a consistent all-star level.

Overall I'm like 5/10 content considering he backed the **** off from his mental challenge way too much. I really don't care that much
    anymore if he's willing to get the **** out of chi-town. He really let us some loyal Bulls fans down when we all stuck with him crying through injuries and now he's talking free agency while he didn't even seem to try or really care about winning, etc these past years post 2011.

Hope shit turns out the best for all.
    Nice post all around.

You touched on the biggest issue on court for Rose. I think my fear is that Rose does not have the mental tenacity to do what is necessary to adept his play to his body post-multiple injuries. I don't know if that is ultimately being lazy or stubborn, but I am afraid he will try to recreate the past despite his body demanding a change.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Not happy at all anymore. He shows flashes, but then resorts to bad timed shots. He should be strictly on a 15 shots or less a game cadence, but I don't think Hoiberg is man enough to tell him to stop taking bad shots. The real problem is he is just not making his shots within 5 ft. He was a top performer in the NBA for that his peak 2 seasons, but now he is bottom 5 in the league as a finisher. This is clearly athleticism based as the dude won't even dunk on a breakaway anymore.

If he doesn't show vast improvements in the next month, the Bulls seriously need to think about packaging Taj, Snell and Brooks and see if they can get a legit PG that can threaten Rose's starting position. That way he must improve or his ass can sit. Bulls are set with Bigs and Taj can net a good PG and Portis can slot in.

The Injury honeymoon is over.