Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: GOBB: "I think Wade is better (than LeBron), but that's another conversation"

Poodle Poo, how does it feel to see others type "I feel Wade is better too" or even "Bron is better but not by that much". Tsk Tsk

Thread flopped like a Euro player does in a game.

Dunking on everybody in the park donsanchez306's Avatar

Default Re: GOBB: "I think Wade is better (than LeBron), but that's another conversation"

i hope bosh, wade and lebron could jump on team in the nba. just put money aside all equal contract prime years or 3 year contract. i dont care which team over half the league would have crazy cap.that team would define contender.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Bark
    Ok clown, let's have it. You go first, no, I'll start it off.

LeBron is the better..

Free throw shooter
    Defender
    Passer
    Scorer
    More eff
    Leader
    Has the better team

Now you go...
    LeBron may be better overall, but your list is ridiculous. LeBron and Wade are equal defenders (LeBron may be better on-ball; Wade is better off-ball), equal passers, and equal scorers (historically, Wade has taken fewer shots-- hence the fact that he has scored a few points per game less).

Wade has customarily been the better FT shooter, but this year LeBron is shooting better. So call that a push too.

LeBron is a better rebounder. Wade is a better outside shooter from anywhere inside the arc. They get to the rim equally well. LeBron takes better care of the basketball. Wade has thus far been the better big-game or at least playoff performer.

And what criteria do you use to say LeBron is a better leader? Because his team is better?

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

People do know that LeBron so far this season has the highest PER ever in league HISTORY? And he's doing it on a 22-4 team.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    wades got style and grace, so much funner/better to watch to me. and hes the better player to me to
    I know, Wade is such a beautiful player to watch. Wade is like a jaguar, and Lebron at times reminds me of a bull in a china shop. There really is no nuance to anything he does, but I guess some people like that. To me there is no doubt Wade is more skilled player. Plus, its funny how some say midrange is not a category. If Lebron's offensive repetoire was as refined as Wade's , and if he had the midrange game that Wade has (pullup jumpers, catching and shooting off screens, etc), the Spurs and Celtics would not pack the lane against him and force him to shoot jumpshots all the time.

I guess its just a preference I guess. Wade is a great athletic basketball player, whereas Lebron reminds me of a physically gifted athlete who just happens to be good at basketball. Plus I think Wade is a better playoff and big game performer than Lebron.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Bark
    Ok clown, let's have it. You go first, no, I'll start it off.

LeBron is the better..

Free throw shooter
    Defender
    Passer
    Scorer
    More eff
    Leader
    Has the better team

Now you go...
    Do you really expect to start a productive discussion like that? Is it so hard to say: Gobb, I disagree, and here is why.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    People do know that LeBron so far this season has the highest PER ever in league HISTORY? And he's doing it on a 22-4 team.
    His usage is down. Efficiency tends to go up as usage goes down.

Nevertheless, I do give LeBron extreme credit for the way he's playing this year (and that is something that it pains me to do). He's trusting his teammates in a way he never has before. And the explanation for that is not as simple as saying that this is the first year his team is good enough for him to trust. His game has shown a lot of maturation, and he's demonstrated that by the way he's playing within his team's offense instead of monopolizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    What is PER and when did it become relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    His usage is down. Efficiency tends to go up as usage goes down.

Nevertheless, I do give LeBron extreme credit for the way he's playing this year (and that is something that it pains me to do). He's trusting his teammates in a way he never has before. And the explanation for that is not as simple as saying that this is the first year his team is good enough for him to trust. His game has shown a lot of maturation, and he's demonstrated that by the way he's playing within his team's offense instead of monopolizing it.
    bron usuage is down but its still at 31.5 which is the second highest in the NBA behind Dwade

Bron Per right now is 33.65. CP3 PER is 31.85 if the Season ended to day those 2 PERS would be the highest in NBA history and most ppl agree that this isnt even lebrons best statistical year shows the flaw in PER

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    What is PER and when did it become relevant?
    Its a croc of poo.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Though I do think Lebron is the better player, as he is 6'8-6'9 guy that can play 4 postions, while Wade 6'3-6'4 combo that doesn't really have the range to be a proper 2.

Shooting: Close, neither are spectacular, and both tend to make it when it counts. Both also shoot more threes than they should given their percentage.

Defense: Lebron, just because he can defend more positions, so is unlikely to get caught in a mismatch on a switch. Wade has improved a lot this year, though.

Passing: Lebron, but it is arguable. Id say he has better court vision, and more able facilitate the teams offense (more willing passer). Wade is little more likely to try and do it all himself in key situations.

Clutchness: I'd actually give this to Wade, as he has proven more in the biggest moments.

Wade is fantastic, but Lebron brings a unique package of size, strength, speed, and skill to the table. He is also far, far, more durable.

Devin harris has a higher PER than Duncan, Bryant.

Big Z has ahigher PER than Dirk, Ming, Stoudemire, Bosh.

Matt Bonner has a higher PER than Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Calderon.

I could go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Though I do think Lebron is the better player, as he is 6'8-6'9 guy that can play 4 postions, while Wade 6'3-6'4 combo that doesn't really have the range to be a proper 2.

Shooting: Close, neither are spectacular, and both tend to make it when it counts. Both also shoot more threes than they should given their percentage.

Defense: Lebron, just because he can defend more positions, so is unlikely to get caught in a mismatch on a switch. Wade has improved a lot this year, though.

Passing: Lebron, but it is arguable. Id say he has better court vision, and more able facilitate the teams offense (more willing passer). Wade is little more likely to try and do it all himself in key situations.

Clutchness: I'd actually give this to Wade, as he has proven more in the biggest moments.

Wade is fantastic, but Lebron brings a unique package of size, strength, speed, and skill to the table. He is also far, far, more durable.

wat with this thread made has everyone agreed Lebron is better than Kobe now

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

I think Wade is better than Bron too.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    There's no question LeBron is the better athlete and at 6'8 he's going to play above the rim far more effectively than Wade when attacking the basket with his body. So that clean cut advantage will be what many people say makes LeBron better than Wade in the NBA game, regardless of how much better Wade is at drawing fouls (whether clean or not), shooting the mid-range, pump faking, coming off screens, finding the open man or using handles plus quickness to get to the rim.

So I'm not going to argue that point. But I wouldn't hesitate to say that Wade is the more skilled of the two.
    you think wade is better at finding the open man?