Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617
    Local High School Star

Default Re: GOBB: "I think Wade is better (than LeBron), but that's another conversation"

good post jrong..i agree that they're virtually the same player...Lebron has the advantage on defense that he can guard bigger players. Thats basically the only big advantage i see between either.

As far as ball handling, Lebron is better, but Wade's turnovers is one of the most misleading stats in the NBA. Heat dont have many ball handlers so it inflates Wades TOs, Heat are actually the 3rd best team in the league at taking care of the ball.

Default Re: GOBB: "I think Wade is better (than LeBron), but that's another conversation"

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    I think Wade is better than Lebron right now too...
    You guys are just messing with PleezeBelieve, right...

Um, how is this 17 pages? No, Wade is not better than Lebron. That's just silly. I know everyone has their own opinion, but let's be real here.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Um, how is this 17 pages? No, Wade is not better than Lebron. That's just silly. I know everyone has their own opinion, but let's be real here.
    Why is it silly? You seem to be another one who just operates under this assumption because, I don't know, LeBron has the better hype and marketing campaign, I guess. Or ESPN and the rest of the media told you so.

Most years, their stats across the board have been basically equal. When LeBron or Wade shoot more than the other one, they score more. When one has a higher usage rate, they get more assists. LeBron consistently rebounds more; Wade consistently gets more steals and blocks. Their shooting percentages-- FGA, FT, and recently even 3PFGA are always in range of each other. LeBron has been more durable; Wade has been better in crunchtime.

So I ask you again, why is this topic silly?

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Why is it silly? You seem to be another one who just operates under this assumption because, I don't know, LeBron has the better hype and marketing campaign, I guess. Or ESPN and the rest of the media told you so.

Most years, their stats across the board have been basically equal. When LeBron or Wade shoot more than the other one, they score more. When one has a higher usage rate, they get more assists. LeBron consistently rebounds more; Wade consistently gets more steals and blocks. Their shooting percentages-- FGA, FT, and recently even 3PFGA are always in range of each other. LeBron has been more durable; Wade has been better in crunchtime.

So I ask you again, why is this topic silly?
    Because I'm not blind and actually watch games and it takes about 37 seconds to figure out that Lebron is a better player. i dont need to go to the stats page to prove something that's so clearly obvious to anyone except someone who thinks arguing based on numbers is some sort of olympic sport (this board has a bunch of them). be real here...

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I think Lebron is better now. But 2005-2007 I would have taken Wade.

And its still close.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Because I'm not blind and actually watch games and it takes about 37 seconds to figure out that Lebron is a better player. i dont need to go to the stats page to prove something that's so clearly obvious to anyone except someone who thinks arguing based on numbers is some sort of olympic sport (this board has a bunch of them). be real here...
    Oh, I get it, you're another one of those "Just watch the games!" types who thinks you can get everything you need to know about players that way? So I'm assuming you have League Pass? And you watch not only every Cavs game but every Heat one too?

And I'm also assuming that you have absolutely zero preconceived biases about these players when you watch them play? So when you watch you're not just selectively focusing on in-game evidence that confirms the opinions you previously held? And you're also not just filtering out the in-game-evidence that goes against those opinions?

These are the flaws in thinking you can just "just watch the games" and not look at other sources of evidence (such as stats) when you're trying to compare players. First, we can't possibly watch enough games to get a full picture. Second, everyone has biases, and when we watch players play, we don't watch them objectively. We watch them through the lens of our own biases. When watching, we focus on anything that we see that supports our own biases, and we ignore anything that does not.
    Last edited by jrong; 12-30-2008 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka View Post
    Wade is better because his ego is far smaller.

Good then I guess it matches his DICK

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Until Wade went down in 2007 I'd say he was better. He then had the injury riddled 2008 season where LeBron was clearly much better. At this point going into 2009 I don't think you could argue that Wade was better. Both had legendary 2009 seasons, but LeBron's was better.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-28-2021 at 03:07 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

All this thread proves is Lebron had haters way before the Decision, and that people wanted to see Wade succeed and Lebron fail.

I doubt he feels that way now. But GoBB has always been bias towards Wade and has stated many times how he felt Wade was way ahead of Iverson. I don't agree but he's been open about that