Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Dallas doesn't get any better with this trade

People love to overreact to names. Rajon Rondo is a name. But has anyone watched him recently?

He sucks.

What will he provide that the Mavs do not already have? ???

"On-ball defense"? is the only thing I can see him bringing. And is that worth depleting your team of servicable bigmen?

This trade does deplete Dallas of their best backup big, Brandon Wright. Who will fill the reserve for 35+ year old dirk and 30+ year old Tyson Chandler now? These arn't 40 MPG dudes in their 20s.

He will also hurt the spacing as neither him nor Monta Ellis can shoot threes at a decent clip. Rondo especially.

Definetly an overrated move and I doubt Dallas's win rate changes much. This certainly isn't a move to propel them in the standings.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Dallas doesn't get any better with this trade

Rondo is not an improvement over their PG's?

You're right, it likely won't change their overall record too much.

But it's be awfully dumb to think it doesn't make this team more dangerous come spring.

Agreed. They have no backup center left.

Jameer Nelson can shoot unlike rajon rondo

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

leading the league in assists and he sucks, YEAH RIGHT OP, HAHAHAH GOOD ONE BRO, MUHAHHAHA YEAH BRO

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    leading the league in assists and he sucks, YEAH RIGHT OP, HAHAHAH GOOD ONE BRO, MUHAHHAHA YEAH BRO
    empty stats

If they can grab O'Neal that'd be great

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    Agreed. They have no backup center left.

Jameer Nelson can shoot unlike rajon rondo
    I wonder how many of these overreacting subhumans are even aware that Brandon Wright is averaging more PPG(8.8 PPG) than Rajon Rondo(8.3 PPG).

Holy ****

my deep knowledge of the game and the hierarchy ranks tell me losing jameer alone was addition by subtraction, now u throw in rondo and its a win/win situation

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    I wonder how many of these overreacting subhumans are even aware that Brandon Wright is averaging more PPG(8.8 PPG) than Rajon Rondo(8.3 PPG).

Holy ****
    b-b-but Rondo can pass! just like every other PG in this league!

NBA Legend

I agree the move is a little bit overrated. I do think spacing may become an issue. Ellis already sets up his own shot or uses penetration to set up others. Putting the ball in Rondos hands would seem to negate Montas impact without really adding a whole lot. Mavs have good ball movement anyway, they dont necessarily need Rondo to set everyone up.

Who knows, it may work out swimmingly but right now it seems to raise more questions than it answers IMO.

A couple of losses and Dallas would be sitting on the lottery side of the standings
    This is the mighty west of course
    Would be funny if they start going on a losing streak due to chemistry issues or unhappy lplayers having to adjust

Dirk and Chandler will play 35-40 min in the playoffs like every other good player that's older... that's what they did this move for. In a loaded west it only makes sense to make a move you think will get you over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I agree the move is a little bit overrated. I do think spacing may become an issue. Ellis already sets up his own shot or uses penetration to set up others. Putting the ball in Rondos hands would seem to negate Montas impact without really adding a whole lot. Mavs have good ball movement anyway, they dont necessarily need Rondo to set everyone up.

Who knows, it may work out swimmingly but right now it seems to raise more questions than it answers IMO.
    Monta Ellis performed fine with Baron Davis AND Stephen Jackson, who were very high usage players in GS. He should be fine, and I think Rick Carlisle is good enough to fit them both in. We're not talking about Mike Brown or Mike D'Antoni here.

In fact, Monta had his best season efficiency-wise (53% FG, 58% TS) with both Baron and SJax dropping 20 per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Dirk and Chandler will play 35-40 min in the playoffs like every other good player that's older... that's what they did this move for. In a loaded west it only makes sense to make a move you think will get you over the hump.
    Right, let Chandler play heavy minutes every night while letting go your only back up center. Brilliant move

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    Right, let Chandler play heavy minutes every night while letting go your only back up center. Brilliant move
    One injury bug to this team during the season is enought to send them lottery bound in the stacked west