Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Bigger.Faster.Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    To the best of my recollection it was almost 2 inches, so yes. Lane shuttle times got a little better, however you could only speculate that with the extra weight, "functional" shuttle times while fatigued in an actual game situation are probably slower in today's game due to heavier athletes with less stamina. Basically, not one statistic showed that NBA athletes have gotten better since testing began in the early 1990's, except weight and agility drill (not to a statistically significant degree).

And also worth mentioning, pace statistics from the 1980s and early 90s support the theory that the game has slowed down, which would make it less aerobically/anaerobically demanding today than it used to be. So in terms of raw data, players in the 80s/90s were jumping higher, running a greater total distance per game, and most likely based on their endurance, were quicker in-game when fatigue is an actual variable.
    Cool thanks for the info, sounds legit but I'll take anything in can't see for myself with a grain of salt. You could also speculate that previous eras while higher in pace were more lax and less intense defensively than now. I'd imagine in most cases weight could decrease lift but whether or not it's tangible kinda hinges on the weight differences in comparison as well. Lots of speculation can be made, but I'd like to know the actual meat and potatoes. Also the numbers don't seem to correlate with what we've seen on the floor, shouldn't really be a discrepancy there. It doesn't seem to account for the role player types we're seeing in the dunk contest yearly now. I'd like to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    sdot_thadon destroyed

this destruction reminds me of when DonDadda took sdot to the woodshed a while back - sdot swore that Lebron would destroy a 6'6" 210 pound player like Jordan - DonDadda pointed out that Lebron just finished shooting 33% against a 6'6" 207 pound player in Iggy.... Yikes... Other posters started posting gifs of old Mortal Kombat fatalities..

sdot didn't post for at least a week after that...
    What a sad, sad clown. This is what an actual discussion looks like 3ball, im sure you can't relate. Nobody really knows what you're getting at bro, I'm pretty sure it was one of those threads where you/him present baseless data then walk away with your hands up like you did something. Sad, sad fellow. Shouldn't you be off making gifs from vhs tapes, or taking acting classes?

Default Re: Bigger.Faster.Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    The question is: what are the Bolt records without peds?
    Without PEDs, modern track surface, modern shoes, and starting blocks is he faster than Jesse Owens?