Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #46
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,309
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Ok I have fed him enough.

Don't feed the troll, terrible poster is terrible poster]
thank god stop posting you are so delusional even worse than a troll cause trolls are just making shit up you actually believe what you say
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #47
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
SG who is horrible in catch and shoot situations

He needs a playmaking long-distance threat guard beside him. Harden is a perfect fit who can cover Westbrook's weaknesses..such a shame that OKC cannot afford him



So was Wade, even in his prime. Westbrook reminds me of Wade a little...maybe a little Arenas.


I agree on what Harden brought...however, I also think he needs someone to actually play PG next to him. He's great at breaking down a defense and playmaking like that, but he's not a floor general or very much a facilitator. They need something.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #48
Graviton
☯‿☯
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,395
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Oh please you can't really believe that, CP3 on the hornets had David West who isn't half the player Durant is and who else? He made his teammates better because he knows how to play correctly, shooting terrible pullups is sure gonna make things better. You forgot about a guy named Kevin Martin who is a proven 20 pt scorer in this league who got 5 shots tonight, great point guard.
And after CP3, Jarret Jack replicated his performance, after Jack, Vasquez is doing the same. Hornets actually have a PG oriented system. OKC has nothing.

And how is that Westbrook's fault? Did Brooks run plays for Martin and Westbrook refused to pass? You argue like a child with no logic. It's not all black and white. 1 player isn't gonna make a difference when there is no real offensive system in place.

Why did the Spurs sweep the Clippers when CP3 was supposed to be superior to Parker? Because Spurs actually utilized a system that made the most of their talent, it's the same with OKC vs Heat.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #49
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,309
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
And after CP3, Jarret Jack replicated his performance, after Jack, Vasquez is doing the same. Hornets actually have a PG oriented system. OKC has nothing.

And how is that Westbrook's fault? Did Brooks run plays for Martin and Westbrook refused to pass? You argue like a child with no logic. It's not all black and white. 1 player isn't gonna make a difference when there is no real offensive system in place.

Why did the Spurs sweep the Clippers when CP3 was supposed to be superior to Parker? Because Spurs actually utilized a system that made the most of their talent, it's the same with OKC vs Heat.
Maybe because all the point guards are known for having high IQ and Westbrick is as smart as a pile of bricks.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #50
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star
 
Celtic_Pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 973
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
So was Wade, even in his prime. Westbrook reminds me of Wade a little...

Wade w/o the IQ, vision and finishing ability..
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #51
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
there is no real offensive system in place.



This is absolutely not true. The offensive system in place is tailor-made for the guys on this team and, specifically, Russell Westbrook. He does a lot more than Brandon gives him credit for, but he makes bad decisions.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #52
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
Wade w/o the IQ, vision and finishing ability..



I wouldn't agree on the finishing ability. I mean, not as good as Wade, but how many players have been? But he's got finishing.


And yes, I agree on both IQ and vision.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #53
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star
 
Celtic_Pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 973
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
And after CP3, Jarret Jack replicated his performance, after Jack, Vasquez is doing the same. Hornets actually have a PG oriented system. OKC has nothing.

And how is that Westbrook's fault? Did Brooks run plays for Martin and Westbrook refused to pass? You argue like a child with no logic. It's not all black and white. 1 player isn't gonna make a difference when there is no real offensive system in place.

Why did the Spurs sweep the Clippers when CP3 was supposed to be superior to Parker? Because Spurs actually utilized a system that made the most of their talent, it's the same with OKC vs Heat.

Their offensive system (which is everyone thriving of Durant's attention) is ideal for Westbrook. Put him in place of Parker, he will suck
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #54
Celtic_Pride
Local High School Star
 
Celtic_Pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 973
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I wouldn't agree on the finishing ability. I mean, not as good as Wade, but how many players have been? But he's got finishing.

Wade was a superstar because of his insane finishing ability. Westbrook's finishing ability is a joke compared to Wade

That comparison is not fair at all..
Celtic_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #55
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,309
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

He shoots low 40s now, if you put him on a different team, lets say the Cavs for laughs, with no Durant getting attention what percentage would he shoot? 38%? You are complaining about playmaking for Durant, Ibaka, Collison, Kevin Martin how about instead of them you get Thompson, Zeller, Waiters, and Gee. How would he do then? He might average 26ppg on 40% with 5 turnovers at best but how many assist does he get now from just walking up the court and hitting Durant on a pin down, you swear like he doesn't have help.

He is another Steve Francis/Stephen Marbury
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #56
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,017
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

They should try do a 3 way deal to get Milsap and trade away Ibaka but it would require a 3rd team.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 AM   #57
Graviton
☯‿☯
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,395
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
Their offensive system (which is everyone thriving of Durant's attention) is ideal for Westbrook. Put him in place of Parker, he will suck
Their offensive system is ISO Durant or ISO Westbrook.

There is no team ball or body movement, just those 2 guys taking turns pounding the ball while everyone is a spot up shooter. That was Celtics with Rondo, except they couldn't win that way. When Rondo went out, Celtics offense actually improved with everyone now touching the ball.

Team ball movement>one predictable guy overdribbling and padding assists. That's what OKC needs, constant movement and passing. Learn from Spurs and 2011 Dallas, only way to beat Miami is to play as a team, otherwise 1-2 guys doing everything will easily be shut down by Heat's defense.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #58
Noyze
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Noyze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 711
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Westbrook took an unreal amount of bad shots and turnovers. If you look at the stats and didn't see the game then it looks like he played well. Not trying to diss, he just made so many bad decisions when OKC was cutting into the lead.
Noyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #59
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,309
Question Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Their offensive system is ISO Durant or ISO Westbrook.

There is no team ball or body movement, just those 2 guys taking turns pounding the ball while everyone is a spot up shooter. That was Celtics with Rondo, except they couldn't win that way. When Rondo went out, Celtics offense actually improved with everyone now touching the ball.

Team ball movement>one predictable guy overdribbling and padding assists. That's what OKC needs, constant movement and passing. Learn from Spurs and 2011 Dallas, only way to beat Miami is to play as a team, otherwise 1-2 guys doing everything will easily be shut down by Heat's defense.

I dont think you are understanding if they ran a real system Westbrook would not be successful. It would be like putting Shaq on the Suns when they were still running, it doesnt fit because he is too stupid all he is is athleticism that's why he isolates he doesnt understand the game.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #60
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
Wade was a superstar because of his insane finishing ability. Westbrook's finishing ability is a joke compared to Wade

That comparison is not fair at all..



It's not like I'm comparing quality. I'm comparing the kinds of players they are. Wade is almost 6'4 with no shoes. Westbrook is 6'3. Both are combo guards. Both are SG's. Both slash, both like to work for their own buckets in the midrange. They're both all-time elite athletes, who aggressively attack the basket.


The point is that, like Wade, Westbrook should be playing SG. Wade has much better handles, vision, IQ, ability to run an offense and play the point. And he didn't have an elite wing player who led the league in scoring, to give the ball to.


But he wasn't the point guard. So why is Westbrook being asked to play PG? At this point, I think he wants to stay at the point because someone else is going to be looking for Durant before Westbrook...and Westbrook doesn't want to be anyone's second option.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy