Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Lakers are BACK...

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Yea, except Kobe needed a fully prime Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Artest just to scape into the playoffs in 2013, not gonna happen this time
    Yeah, because any of those guys were in their "prime" , all of them had a huge drop off production-wise due to the injuries, except for Kobe and they had zero bench, yet Kobe carried that team back into the Playoffs with 3rd string players as starters (they were starting Duhon, Sacre and Devin Ebanks at one point).

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Your reading comprehension is terrible, I said they were a middle of the pack team that could possibly make a run the 2nd half of the season to make the Playoffs, so around 45-47 wins best case scenario. No way in hell do I expect them to make it any further than the first round under any circumstances , unless the team they face is missing their top two players.
    Yes... that's exactly what I just ****ing said. LA will win 25 games next season.

i hate kobe but what can i say.. after watching the whole game, if kobe manages to carry this dead-weight roster past 15th western seed he cements himself as top 3 all time GOAT. no questions asked.

Banned

Yeah, because any of those guys were in their "prime" , all of them had a huge drop off production-wise due to the injuries, except for Kobe.
    Due to injuries or due to playing with Kobe?

Whats Pau Gasols and Dwights stats before/after playing with Kobe?

I'm sure Pau Gasol played better in Chicago just like Dwight played better in Houston than they did with Kobe.

Good college starter

Yea, except Kobe needed a fully prime Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Artest just to scape into the playoffs in 2013, not gonna happen this time
    How about that time that prime LeBron couldn't beat the one-superstar team 2011 Mavs with a PRIME Wade (beasting like a Finals MVP), PRIME Bosh and no significant injuries to key players to use as an excuse?

Whats Pau Gasols before/after playing with Kobe?
    like 0/16 playoff record

Very good NBA starter

Yeah, because any of those guys were in their "prime" , all of them had a huge drop off production-wise due to the injuries, except for Kobe.
    Why are you engaging with this guy?

He clearly lost his mind when Lebron lost his 4th finals.

He's the next Chris Harper-Mercer. Stay away from him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    How about that time that prime LeBron couldn't beat the one-superstar team 2011 Mavs with a PRIME Wade (beasting like a Finals MVP), PRIME Bosh and no significant injuries to key players to use as an excuse?
    Kobe fans harp on LeBrons 2011, but... Kobe actually played worse than LeBron against that same team

And.. wait for it.. Kobe got swept, LeBron carried the team to 2 wins at least

Due to injuries or due to playing with Kobe?

Whats Pau Gasols and Dwights stats before/after playing with Kobe?

I'm sure Pau Gasol played better in Chicago just like Dwight played better in Houston than they did with Kobe.
    Dwight hasn't been the same since his back injury

Pau's stats suffered a huge deal because of Mike D'Antoni making him shoot 3s and he had that leg injury he dealt with all year he suffered at Brooklyn

Nash broke his foot the 2nd game of the season @ Portland and missed 2 months right off the bat, never got back to being healthy.

Dwight hasn't been better at Houston really, well he never got back to being dominant like he was in Orlando...people were saying he was gonna be a dominant Center, scoring 20+ a game with Harden being a willing passer....yet he's averaged 17/12 his 2 seasons in Houston, he averaged 17/12 in LA..

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Why are you engaging with this guy?

He clearly lost his mind when Lebron lost his 4th finals.

He's the next Chris Harper-Mercer. Stay away from him.
    I've been here long enough to know he's a stupid troll with 0 basketball knowledge/insight but after being away from ISH for most of the past 3-4 months, I can't help but reply. Guess I'll start ignore listing the trolls to save time.

Very good NBA starter

I llike the fact that the lakers shot 28.9% yet were in the game at the end of the 3rd.

Last year this would have been a blowout before the half.

I liked a lot of the defense in the first half. By everyone.

Liked the 4 assists by Lou. Not a black hole like Nick Young.

I llike the fact that the lakers shot 28.9% yet were in the game at the end of the 3rd.

Are you serious? It was ****ing preseason. Who cares.

Banned

you're accusing the wrong person there.

Banned

Your reading comprehension is terrible, I said they were a middle of the pack team that could possibly make a run the 2nd half of the season to make the Playoffs, so around 45-47 wins best case scenario. No way in hell do I expect them to make it any further than the first round under any circumstances , unless the team they face is missing their top two players.
    Lol lay off the crack pipe they have one of the worst rosters in the league

Good college starter

Kobe fans harp on LeBrons 2011, but... Kobe actually played worse than LeBron against that same team

And.. wait for it.. Kobe got swept, LeBron carried the team to 2 wins at least
    You're comparing a 33 year old Kobe in his 15h season and a team coming off 3 straight Finals appearances with a PRIME 27 year old LeBron in his 8th season with a fresh Superstar trio.

The posters above are on the money: this is nothing but a looooong meltdown that you've been suffering ever since LeBron dropped to 2-4 (2 out of 6) in the Finals.