Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Oprah and Deepak Chopra 21 day meditation challenge

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    I ain't doing this Oprah shit , I just clicked on the link with Chopra talking about meditation.

Lol and Idk if you're indirectly calling me a beta stoner if you think I 1-starred this thread cause I didn't
    Beta stoner would be a Budadii. Your lungs are too young

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    The joke is on you then. Don`t hate meditate!
    Nothing to hate on, it's all a scam. You can just go to any beach, outdoors area, or evening stroll and appreciate the beauty of the world on your own.

Formal meditation, yoga, and pilates are the biggest scams going right now. That and 'health foods.'

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Nothing to hate on, it's all a scam. You can just go to any beach, outdoors area, or evening stroll and appreciate the beauty of the world on your own.

Formal meditation, yoga, and pilates are the biggest scams going right now. That and 'health foods.'

I won`t get into the spiritual component, but unless you understand that it is a body hack, like stretching a muscle, then you`ll never understand why people meditate.

Analogy. You wake up in the morning and notice your cell phone battery is at 20%. Plugging it in is meditation, 100% charge = what you get out of it. Then you go about your day. You get a feel for when you need to meditate i.e. before an exam, after a bad day, before a job interview, etc. Morning and night being the best times.

I`ll leave it there because its hard to explain to the uninitiated. You sort of just need to try it and have that light bulb moment all on your own.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 11-09-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Banned

I won`t get into the spiritual component, but unless you understand that it is a body hack, like stretching a muscle, then you`ll never understand why people meditate.

Analogy. You wake up in the morning and notice your cell phone battery is at 20%. Plugging it in is meditation, 100% charge = what you get out of it. Then you go about your day. You get a feel for when you need to meditate i.e. before an exam, after a bad day, before a job interview, etc. Morning and night being the best times.

I`ll leave it there because its hard to explain to the uninitiated. You sort of just need to try it and have that light bulb moment all on your own.
    Thats cool and all. I do my own form of spiritual enlightenment, whatever you want to call it.

These guys like Chopra make a lot of money off their nonsense. It's all directed towards the herd.

This true and it's also easily accessible (couldn't be any easier). While taking a stroll, going to some park and watching children play, chilling on the beach, etc. might be therapeutic, it's not the same effect as mediation... at least for me. Mediation is a time to soak everything in, let it all go, and recharge with a more relaxed mindset... but without using any energy really. I could go run for an hour and definitely have a more relaxed mindset, but I'd also be pretty exhausted. Taking time to focus on breathing is so essential too I feel because it brings our attention to the most basic of bodily functions and reminds us that see this is all we have to do. Full bellies, full breathing... we're good.

Also

While you are meditating, try sticking your finger up your anus and tickling your prostate. The euphoric sensation will blow your spiritual sensei and send frequencies all throughout your inner chi source.

Unlock your inner potential. Become one with the force.

Thats cool and all. I do my own form of spiritual enlightenment, whatever you want to call it.

These guys like Chopra make a lot of money off their nonsense. It's all directed towards the herd.

Won't lie I hate people who try to make money offering service that should be free i.e. life coaches, the Wayne Dyers, and yes even the Deepak Chopras of this world. They know their audience and they sell them on the spiritual component to it, but the techniques they use are very good. Once again the link I posted in the OP is free and great for newbies.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 11-09-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    This true and it's also easily accessible (couldn't be any easier). While taking a stroll, going to some park and watching children play, chilling on the beach, etc. might be therapeutic, it's not the same effect as mediation... at least for me. Mediation is a time to soak everything in, let it all go, and recharge with a more relaxed mindset... but without using any energy really. I could go run for an hour and definitely have a more relaxed mindset, but I'd also be pretty exhausted. Taking time to focus on breathing is so essential too I feel because it brings our attention to the most basic of bodily functions and reminds us that see this is all we have to do. Full bellies, full breathing... we're good.
    Yup exactly. Glad you touched on deep breathing at the end. I've started to do deep breathing exercises everyday.

5-time NBA All-Star

It doesn't need the word "Oprah or Deepak Chopra" on it. I especially would not take the words of some modern clown who got famous for strategy and another clown who is some hybridized spinoff of Ancient Vedas Scripts and New Age Tolle stuff gone popular from catering to celebrities.

Every man, regardless of their station in life, should strive for self-mastery.

And self-mastery's root begins with achieving a strong mind.

Whichever way you choose, make sure it resonates with your soul.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Wow two frauds challenging people to 'meditate'. Hilarious
    Beat me to the punch.

Without the knowledge to lead you just follow the sheep OP

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I just do the meditation where you just focus on your breathe and bring yourself back to it whenever your mind wonders off.

I don't really need a bunch of videos for that...but i might check some of these out.