Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Got lectured by a customer at work the other day; who was in the right?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I remember a time where customer service was a job requirement in retail
    believe me, I used to do all of that shit, but eventually stopped and realized I was the only one who cared but was getting paid the least, so who cares?

I understand valuing experience and prioritizing it above all in the right job setting, but in retail the system is retarded. The highest paid common workers are just old women who don't do shit and have everyone else do their work. You'll often find like one or two people in these retail stores who actually do shit and they are usually newer people getting taken advantage of.

Minimum Wage = Minimum Effort is the new motto for me. Pay me shit and expect great work? **** that.

Sunshine State

Default Re: Got lectured by a customer at work the other day; who was in the right?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Yeah man they give me 5 days a week and know I have class on four days and on one of my only two days off, right inbetween my class time, they decided to do yet ANOTHER mandatory meeting for the 2nd time in the last month so that these bitches can sort their dumbass drama out and say a bunch of stupid shit that acts basically as instructions to the weak minded "if you have a problem with someone, go up and tell them about it, don't be going over here and telling someone else about your beef," etc.

shit is enough to drag a man down. retail gets you feeling like scum of the ****ing earth man.
    You work 5 days? That's gotta be well over 20 hours.

I used to work 3 days a week, but now they have me working 4 (which I need to talk to them about). But I have school Tuesday and Thursday and have Sundays off, so I have those 3 days to do homework. But I barely have enough time as is with working 4 days... And two of those days I barely make money.

Don't you have a schedule where you can tell your manager like "Hey I need so and so days off for school" or something? Unless you're paying for school yourself and need more than 20 hours... If anything get a different retail job at least that works better.

remember. minimum wage isn't to earn raises or promotions it's temporary until you can earn a real paying job. you need to pay gratitude to it. my father to me when I first got this job. don't ever complain about a job that brings food to the table, and don't talk bad about it. be humble, pay your respect and earn your check. work towards a better job.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus

I used to work 3 days a week, but now they have me working 4 (which I need to talk to them about). But I have school Tuesday and Thursday and have Sundays off, so I have those 3 days to do homework. But I barely have enough time as is with working 4 days... And two of those days I barely make money.

Don't you have a schedule where you can tell your manager like "Hey I need so and so days off for school" or something? Unless you're paying for school yourself and need more than 20 hours... If anything get a different retail job at least that works better.
    I work 37 hours a week and have 13 hours of college class at the moment. I only need about 15-20 hours to live off of since my rent is low and I don't eat much food.

When she hired me she told me I'd get 15-20 hours a week, but after my first week working there when I bossed all of their back stock and truck items they started way overscheduling me.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

You have a very dangerous mentality I'm not even ****ing with you, you're setting yourself up for failure

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    You have a very dangerous mentality I'm not even ****ing with you, you're setting yourself up for failure
    **** you.

NBA Superstar

Once I graduate college I'm gonna move to somewhere nice and get a simple job like a 9-5 receptionist job. And then I'll actually have free time to make music and do other hobby based shit.

It's going to be the dream.

shes rude.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus

goddamn your schedule sounds nice.

Sundays off? How the f*ck did you manage that one?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

the customer is always right. Lady tries to make small talk with you and you reacted like a jackass.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    the customer is always right.
    dumbass who hasn't worked much in retail alert.

you give the customer an inch and they'll take a mile.

Sunshine State

goddamn your schedule sounds nice.

Sundays off? How the f*ck did you manage that one?
    My management is great and they cater to my needs

I'm also a very good worker, I'm never late, and I'm a good team mate. It's my first serving job and while I'm not as good as some of the vets here I'd say I'm valuable to their team. I worked full time all Summer, and I told them I was going to need two days off for school and another day off for doing other school stuff if I needed it.

Which is why you need to find a new job that caters to your school schedule, and have management that genuinely cares, I wouldn't be at my job if they weren't flexible with my school schedule and had terrible management.

Your work atmosphere is toxic, I understand why you hate it there. Why work hard when it means little, and the people who get paid more make do jack shit to help you, their co worker? That's the managements job to keep everyone in check, if your management sucks then the rest will fall like domino's. That's why you need to leave.

I take back my insult from earlier, it makes sense that you're frustrated, but you still shouldn't take it out on your customers, I've been there dude.
    Last edited by Le Shaqtus; 11-05-2014 at 04:39 PM.

dumbass who hasn't worked much in retail alert.

you give the customer an inch and they'll take a mile.
    First of all, you're a fucking troll. Second, you don't deserve nor are you owed anything. You have a shit retail job because you have shit skills. Moreover, it looks like you have a shit attitude to go along with your shit skill set, which is why you're stuck in retail; right where you belong.

You think you'll get your degree and start running shit somewhere? No, you'll start at the bottom of another long ladder that you won't be able to climb because you're a fucking retard with no skills, no common sense, and a bad attitude.

It takes hard work, a good attitude, and a developed skill set to make something of yourself and live in the real world. At the moment, you have none of those things and that won't change until you start holding yourself accountable and grow up.

EDIT *start*
    Last edited by DeuceWallaces; 11-05-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    First of all, you're a fucking troll. Second, you don't deserve nor are you owed anything. You have a shit retail job because you have shit skills. Moreover, it looks like you have a shit attitude to go along with your shit skill set, which is why you're stuck in retail; right where you belong.

You think you'll get your degree and start running shit somewhere? No, you'll start at the bottom of another long ladder that you won't be able to climb because you're a fucking retard with no skills, no common sense, and a bad attitude.

It takes hard work, a good attitude, and a developed skill set to make something of yourself and live in the real world. At the moment, you have none of those things and that won't change until you starting holding yourself accountable and grow up.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

It takes hard work, a good attitude, and a developed skill set to make something of yourself and live in the real world. At the moment, you have none of those things and that won't change until you start holding yourself accountable and grow up.

EDIT *start*
    You don't know shit, you're just another old mother ****er who thinks he's seen it all.

Well I got a little message for ya: F*CK YOU!!!