Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Got lectured by a customer at work the other day; who was in the right?

Pretty sure OP is trolling at this point yet people continue to take him seriously.

Default Re: Got lectured by a customer at work the other day; who was in the right?

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Pretty sure OP is trolling at this point yet people continue to take him seriously.
    And how does that make you feel that he's getting attention and you aren't?

This is maybe the 50th time you've made this exact post towards a poster you feel doesn't warrant the replies....

I'll put your pic up as my avy again if you want? Tell me what thread you want me to bump and I'll do it.

All about ace23 today.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Just got a good example this morning of what I'm talking about. I got called a little over an hour before my shift starts...

One of my managers: "Truck is here so you need to come in early."
    Me: "If I come in early do I get to leave early?"
    Them: "Not neccessairly, but you're scheduled truck and it's here so you have to come in."

F*ck this job. F*ck retail. F*ck life.
    give your manager a blow job,........ prob. will give you a raise............oh, you allready did that to get the job in the first place..........sorry mane, cant help you then

customer is always right. bear with it and suck it up. if you don't like it, then get out of that job.

National High School Star

Is it really that draining to say hi, how's it going? do you have a member card with us and smile? If you hate retail so much why don't you get a gig at UPS or some other non customer facing position.

I worked retail. And now I'm an adult. Retail is mad easy and fun compared to the real world. Usually, you have people around you age that you get along well with. Just bsing around all day and working hard here and there.

What's hard is waking up at 6 am, driving 2 hours to work, sitting at an uncomfortable customer client desk for 10 hours (i do public accounting), leaving at 630 pm, getting home at 830. Eat dinner, watch tv for a little bit, pass out and repeat. You are literally living for the weekend + sometimes you have work to catch up with then too. However, you KNOW you put in 4-5 years at this and you can get a 100k+ job that is a bit less crazy.

I really hope somehow I can just work till I am 40 and then retire somehow or work less.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    customer is always right. bear with it and suck it up. if you don't like it, then get out of that job.
    Most definitely wrong.

Customer comes first, but it doesn't mean that they're right.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Most definitely wrong.

Customer comes first, but it doesn't mean that they're right.
    Yes it does. What it means, for the brain cell challenged, is that there is no scenario where you and the company win by arguing against the customer that they are wrong. If you do, other customers might get turned off while observing it and you lose business and money, the sole purpose the company is there for. Not to mention the customer you embarrassed by shouting them down...think they'll spend their money with you again? Well you'd be wrong. ISHiots these days, not even understanding what the phrase means and arguing against it

fk that .. yes, you have to cater to the customer as much as you possibly can .. no it doesn't mean the customer can treat you like shit or act rudely .. learn to respect others .. employees are people too right ? I've never ever thought of talking shit to an employee .. if I have a problem with a service or product, I'll voice it and deal with it but what's the purpose of being verbally abusive or talking down to an employee for no reason other than you want to be a little cnt ? ..

we've all had bad days .. the guy working the cashier can be having a bad day .. he said he greeted her with 'hi, do you have a member card' .. standard shit .. that's what I get all the time .. nothing wrong with that at all .. but according to him, this chick felt the need to throw in a little condescending jab for no reason really(assuming it was that .. we don't know the exact tone she used)
    Last edited by dude77; 11-09-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Let me guess, she was white? Lol

I hate entitled customers like that. If all you did was not acknowledge her crappy makeup, then I don't see a problem. Some people want to be babied and waited on with hands and feet at all times. Me personally, IDGAF. If the cashier is all peppy and talkative, fine. But if the cashier is all business, fine with me too. Its not effecting my shopping experience. Same with waiters, as long as my food comes out, thats all I care about.

More importantly, I want to talk about why you feel that way working your job. THis is the bigger problem. In my opinion, as long as you take it seriously, any job is an honest job. It doesn't matter if you work retail or work the drive thru or you are stocking at a grocery store. Work is work.

Unfortunately, most people don't see it that way. And then people wonder why we have shitty customer service? Well, when people are looking down on the folks that have those jobs, how do you think the people working those jobs feel? They feel like the OP. So yeah, thats going to effect the customer service.

Seriously, you don't have to feel like "retail is the scum of the earth job". Sure, it may not be fun doing it, but its called WORK for a reason. Not all jobs have to be fun. While people may think they're above working retail or above people that work retail, I respect the hell out of people that do. Because its not easy dealing with entitled assholes all day who think the world revolves around them.

To the OP, good for you for holding down a job. Theres bums out there that rather rob and steal from innocents, than to make a honest living. Don't let these dickhead customers bring you down and ruin your day.

NBA Superstar

Just an update on my job. (I assume no one cares, but some were acting like my job was as easy as it gets and shit)

over half of the store has filed to transfer to another store because they dont like the new manager

everyones hours are getting cut (thank god) and im basically the only one happy about it because im like one of the only ones that isnt a woman w/ a fukking kid.

basically the stores roles have been changed so that everyone actually has to do shit now. it's great. the first day of the new managers arrival I literally got to watch consecutive meltdowns from women who simply got told "hey, find something to work on" when caught f*cking around.

Ya know, I might stick around retail for a while. Because I find this shitstorm right now mildly amusing. It's such a shit job that there is no union for these workers to complain to, so they are basically all mobilizing themselves to try and protest the employers want for them to actually do shit like they are paid to do.
    Last edited by russwest0; 11-11-2014 at 01:59 PM.