Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Adam Morrison smokes cigarettes

I read this on a few NBA rumor sites today....That can't be good for an athlete, especially one with diabetes.

**Waits for photoshopped Morrison picture, smoking a camel**

You've been 'Smacked!

Default Re: Adam Morrison smokes cigarettes

"It's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

I want a link to this "rumor". If it's not up by tomorrow this thread's getting deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    I want a link to this "rumor". If it's not up by tomorrow this thread's getting deleted.
    http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=46370&rfi=6
    towards the bottom.

and this one is more of a comical article http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2007/10...isgusting.html

The second article quotes from the first article. I have a hard time believing a rumor without it being from a credible source.

You've been 'Smacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Aw man...don't do that! I NEVER get to use that "cool" quote and this was just the perfect opportunity (I'm really dying to use the quotes about the cost of ammo...hopefully Morrison will help me out there eventually).

Eh, if it's true it's his business...not like he parades it around. I can imagine enough people would give him enough grief (trainer, coach, players, etc.) that he'll eventually quit.

Not a big deal IMO.

Maybe that's why he can't play defense worth a damn

Local High School Star

If he does smoke Im not sure as to why its that big a deal. Half the NBA probably smokes Marijuana. No use in deleting the thread even if its not true, I actually got a good chuckle out of it.

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

Eh, this is kinda dumb and pointless, regardless of whether or not it's true. I mean, a buddy of mine can run a mile in under 5 minutes and he smokes. And I worked with a guy who smokes but has run in 4 marathons. But I'm with you Timmeh.

My Swag is Phenomenal ILuvThisGame's Avatar

Man you can hate on smoking all you want... but when someone starts talking about my beloved dip they have gone too far!

Yea, I've known plenty of guys who played sports and smoked, singers are always shown with big cigars.... when you are 20 something and smoke as long as you condition hard enough it's not going to impeded your athletic ability, 30 and 40 something.... your screwed.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

this is not a shock that Morrison smokes...I mean the majority of these guys smoke thats just like saying that NBA players dont have affairs with there wives

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Adam Morrison smokes cigarettes

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
    this is not a shock that Morrison smokes...I mean the majority of these guys smoke thats just like saying that NBA players dont have affairs with there wives

It should be easy to have an affair with one's wife. It's when the affair is with someone other than one's wife that things can get messy.

You've been 'Smacked!

The original source.

Sonics Blog

Casey traveled to China with Blazers guard/forward Martell Webster and former Gonzaga star Adam Morrison (Charlotte) for an Adidas camp and both Webster and Casey had some funny stories about Morrison. My favorite was that Morrison is still into the chew (tobacco), but would also take smoke breaks with the Chinese outside the facility. They formed a semi-circle around the 6-foot-9 NBA player puffing away. How Morrison does it and still plays, nobody knows -- including Casey and Webster.

Seems true...I'd say Dwane Casey is a credible sourse. The "6'9" thing has me scratching my head tho.

Larry Bird was also known to smoke an occasional cigarette.

I made this thread because I thought it was kind of funny...In no way am I trying to bash Morrison.

Yes, a lot of players smoke weed but I'm almost positive that very few smoke cigarettes and dip.

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

I can guarentee a lot smoke cigars as well but that's different b/c you don't inhale and it doesn't F-up your lungs.