Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DeAndre Jordan

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default DeAndre Jordan

In his first season where he got good minutes he finished the year averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks per game in only 25.5 minutes a game. Started in 66 games.. had a dominant stretch where he averaged 11 rebounds and 5.5 blocked shots over 5 games. Also had a monstrous 14 point, 20 rebound, 6 block game against Denver. Finished the year shooting 69 percent from the field.. 75 percent of his baskets being dunks.

He's a restricted free agent this offseason. Where do you see him ending up? How good will he be next season? Do you think he improved a lot? Did he meet expectations? I think he filled in admirably for Kaman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEYHwSvo3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztUiwfXHQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK4y6dYAptM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUByZiGeuo4

Just a few of his nicer plays this season. He flat out baptized Brockman and Bogut.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 04-14-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Default Re: DeAndre Jordan

-likes dunking and alley oops
    -dislikes free throws and slapping

I want him in Minnesota!!!

D.J is right behind Kevin Durant in this pic

Under 18 USA Basketball Team

I rep my cat, Nurple. FadeAwayJ13's Avatar

I'd say that he's a lock for a resigning. A young 7-footer that can jump out of the building. Even if he doesn't develop his game like he should, he still is a staple in arguably the most exciting frontcourt in the NBA.

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to resign him. The team would have to be run by a crazy, money-hungry, insa...oh wait.
    Yeah, With Sterling as the head honcho, he'll probably trade him for a pack of skittles or something.

I was really hard on this dude, and last year it was warranted. He couldn't make a layup, just dunk the damn thing. He couldn't catch a pass unless someone literally handed him the ball or threw a lob. His post defense was nonexistent. He still is afraid of the FT line.

But this dude has blossomed into a legit center teams are going to make a run at.

And I know why he got so much better from one year to the next, and his name is Blake Griffin. Griff showed him how to work hard, and gave him confidence, both things an NBA player needs to survive in the L. How many times have we seen Blake throw a pinpoint pass right to DJ and then all he has to do is gather himself and dunk. DJ challenges shots because he knows he has Griff right behind him going for the rebound just in case.

Another reason Blake Griffin is a stud, he makes his teammates better, and makes their jobs easier.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeAwayJ13
    With Sterling as the head honcho, he'll probably trade him for a pack of skittles or something.
    There are too many flavors in a pack of skittles, Sterlin doesn't like diversity. He will trade him for a bag of green M&M's

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FadeAwayJ13
    I'd say that he's a lock for a resigning. A young 7-footer that can jump out of the building. Even if he doesn't develop his game like he should, he still is a staple in arguably the most exciting frontcourt in the NBA.

You'd have to be a complete idiot not to resign him. The team would have to be run by a crazy, money-hungry, insa...oh wait.
    Yeah, With Sterling as the head honcho, he'll probably trade him for a pack of skittles or something.
    I tend to agree except -- they are already paying Kaman a fortune. They will have to pay Blake a fortune-next year, right?- to extend him. So now, for two big positions, you are investing about half your cap. If they don't move Kaman, not sure they can realistically match on Jordan (figure 5yrs, $35-45 to get him).

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
    I tend to agree except -- they are already paying Kaman a fortune. They will have to pay Blake a fortune-next year, right?- to extend him. So now, for two big positions, you are investing about half your cap. If they don't move Kaman, not sure they can realistically match on Jordan (figure 5yrs, $35-45 to get him).
    Kaman has one year left on his deal. He makes 12.7 mil next year and then comes off the books. That is not a fortune

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

I think dude should be a major part of the clippers development. A legit 7" thats a top 5 athlete at his position (Chandler, Dwight, Mcgee being those that are in front of him probably) that can block shots, board and dunk the ball is exactly what they need. Blake has enough offense for that frontcourt alone. With Blakes passing ability, DJ should make a living off Blake being double teamed.
    I like the kid, once he refines his game this clippers teams gunna be trouble.

I think he stays with the Clippers, and continues to grow into a beast-man

Quote Originally Posted by Suckafree
    I think dude should be a major part of the clippers development. A legit 7" thats a top 5 athlete at his position (Chandler, Dwight, Mcgee being those that are in front of him probably) that can block shots, board and dunk the ball is exactly what they need. Blake has enough offense for that frontcourt alone. With Blakes passing ability, DJ should make a living off Blake being double teamed.
    I like the kid, once he refines his game this clippers teams gunna be trouble.

Would be perfect for the Knicks....

but is he worth giving up our chances of Paul/ Howard/ Williams... idk

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    In his first season where he got good minutes he finished the year averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks per game in only 25.5 minutes a game. Started in 66 games.. had a dominant stretch where he averaged 11 rebounds and 5.5 blocked shots over 5 games.
    Just a few of his nicer plays this season. He flat out baptized Brockman and Bogut.

Jordan will have a decision to make , he is restricted , but he could get lots of offers , and expect the Clippers to here talk from the Heat as well as one or two other elite teams.

he would fit in nicely with the Heat , but can they out bid for him , or will the Clips retain him ,, might be the biggest transaction this off season !!!

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

hope the Clippers keep him, he's got all the talent, he just needs to get nasty and go to work. play like no one can stop you. cuz when you're 7 feet tall and jump like a guard, no one can if you try.

worst case scenario he is an overpaid Tyson Chandler--- actually, worst case scenario is that he joins another squad and becomes a Howard/Chandler hybrid.