Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Make excuses? I couldnt bench press 185 when i first started lifting. Too me awhile. Fatboy cant bench 185.

Thats 2 people. How are we making excuses again? I've played basketball, baseball, soccer, boxed. I was always active in sports. Was unfamiliar with weight lifting. When i tried it i was horrible. Why is Durant exempt at age 19? We dont even know if he ever lifted before. No one lifts before HS generally. So from ages 14-18 we are gonna ASSume Durant did?

His own Head Coach said lifting weights was never a top priority or that big of a deal. Durant played 35 college games. August to March. Thats 8 months. The time frame is short. When Durant comes out and says "I've never lifted weights in HS" what are you gonna say? Sorry for shytting on him for not being able to push 185 off his chest once?

Sure eventually Durant will HAVE to get stronger and in essence he will be pushing 185 off his chest with ease. And getting stronger will better help him in the NBA to become an elite player. But that aside until he is taught how to lift, until he is on a weight training program...why diss the guy? Again Joe Schmoe isnt coming off the street and pushing off 185 once without ever lifting weights. Unless he is naturally strong and Durant isnt. Not an excuse its called a reality. Wake up.
    Wow, ride on the righteous bus with Gobb...

first of all I never said it will drop him below two, I simply said it is amazing, and it is.

the guy is a world class athlete, bench 185 is easy (sorry Gobb and Fatboy you guys must be unathletic) it is pathetic he cant do it once. Yes PATHETIC.

If you guys dont find this a little shocking I guess you have VERY low expectations of your future superstars

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Wow, ride on the righteous bus with Gobb...

first of all I never said it will drop him below two, I simply said it is amazing, and it is.

the guy is a world class athlete, bench 185 is easy (sorry Gobb and Fatboy you guys must be unathletic) it is pathetic he cant do it once. Yes PATHETIC.

If you guys dont find this a little shocking I guess you have VERY low expectations of your future superstars
    World class athlete? Please explain this one. He's a f*cking basketball player.

And this is why i dont bone big bytches. I cant handle all that weight. But you and LOKI can...so have alllllllll the BBW's you want. :

NBA rookie of the year

And this is why i dont bone big bytches. I cant handle all that weight. But you and LOKI can...so have alllllllll the BBW's you want. :

post of the day.

back to the topic: Durant is still too athletically gifted to fall out of the NBA or ride the pine.

however, he simply will not become a future All Star, as so many people have pointed out, unless he bulks up, which in a year or two, he can get big enough. he does not have a wave of publicity like KG did entering the league.

National High School Star

95% of men can lift 185 where did you here that?

For one thing most people don't even lift weight. Maybe 15-20% of the population do and most of them don't lift enough to brag. Second of all when i was in college we had 50 kids in circuit training class and we were all in the 5'10-6'2 range and about 10-15 could lift 185, maybe 5 or 6 did it with out a problem and the other 10 struggled. The other 35 guys couldn't do it. FYI you're opinon on lifting is flawed right there.

And hypothetically if i saw a 6ft guy come into a gym and couldn't lift 185 I wouldn't look down on him on, i'd be suprised if he could lift 185 in fact. Hypothetically that is..
    Last edited by Day La Ghetto; 06-07-2007 at 04:29 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Oden didn't do it because he didn't want to risk re-injuring his wrist. Do you really think he's weak? The guy is obviously powerful. I seriously would not care what Oden's bench is if I was a GM.
    Sorry but I think that's BS.

Dude was medically cleared to play ball in Nov. and has had full range of motion on his wrist since Jan. yet we should ignore his not doing the bench cause he "looks" like he could do it???

Seems a little unfair to criticize Durant for his bench performance and totally ignore Oden's not taking part.

I'm with VC... it's only 4:32 pm on the east coast, but this is already the post of the day.

Anyway, Durant will put on muscle. This is being made into a bigger issue than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Sorry but I think that's BS.

Dude was medically cleared to play ball in Nov. and has had full range of motion on his wrist since Jan. yet we should ignore his not doing the bench cause he "looks" like he could do it???

Seems a little unfair to criticize Durant for his bench performance and totally ignore Oden's not taking part.
    If that is actually true, then it proves that Oden is significantly smarter than Durant.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

So, Mountrose Christian doesn't do weight training, Texas didn't force Durant to do weight training... but Durant should have naturally been able to bench 185 lbs cause he's a high level basketball player?!?

Why is the number of people that find this ridiculous so small?

I rule the local playground

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Why are people so ****ing in love with the bench press anyway? I'll never understand it, there are a ton of ways to show strength and the bench press seems to be what people love to be enamored with. Weightroom strength doesn't always make you strong on the field or the court.

And no, 185 isn't the average and you couldn't just find college guys walking around that could do it no problem, a lot of them probably couldn't put up 155.

And Loki, is either lying or a freak. That's not normal for any beginner, nevermind a 16-17 year old weighing 180.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by ppierce34
    Why are people so ****ing in love with the bench press anyway? I'll never understand it, there are a ton of ways to show strength and the bench press seems to be what people love to be enamored with. Weightroom strength doesn't always make you strong on the field or the court.

And no, 185 isn't the average and you couldn't just find college guys walking around that could do it no problem, a lot of them probably couldn't put up 155.

And Loki, is either lying or a freak. That's not normal for any beginner, nevermind a 16-17 year old weighing 180.
    LOKI as a toddler...

-"Joe dan is da bess. hee heeheee *giggle*"

National High School Star

LOKI sounds rationale most of the time but he spits out some major bs every now and then to question him.

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    LOKI sounds rationale most of the time but he spits out some major bs every now and then to question him.
    The mofo said 2-3 sets of 10 with 185.

But ehhhh maybe he is telling the truth. His truth is abnormal. Definately not a mesuring stick with the avg mofo at that age or Durants for that matter to throw 185 off thier chest not ever lifting a single weight (assuming Durant hasnt, wouldnbt be shocked if he didnt touch weights much).

Only person I know who can do that is...

Shouldn't this kind of make Durant even more impressive?
    Dude dominated college basketball like a very few players EVER and yet he is this "weak". Think about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay
    Shouldn't this kind of make Durant even more impressive?
    Dude dominated college basketball like a very few players EVER and yet he is this "weak". Think about it.
    Dominated to a second round exit as well as not leading his team to a reg. or post season conference title?

The mofo said 2-3 sets of 10 with 185.

But ehhhh maybe he is telling the truth. His truth is abnormal. Definately not a mesuring stick with the avg mofo at that age or Durants for that matter to throw 185 off thier chest not ever lifting a single weight (assuming Durant hasnt, wouldnbt be shocked if he didnt touch weights much).

Only person I know who can do that is...

Gotta admit. This is right up there with the Quad Double Season.