Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: I give you the Power to govern the Sixers future?

I would bang a girl on the court logo, then I would get really drunk

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I've watched EVERY Sixers game this season and probably 60-70% of the games last year and can tell you that Okafor is BY FAR the best player the team has had since Iverson. Getting rid of him, bringing in a bunch of scrubs and overpaying them (like Aminu), and keeping No Offense Noel (who can't even play defense now either) is an awful idea and will result in getting absolutely nowhere.

Also, Brett Brown is an awful head coach. Everything from his substitutions, lineups, end of the game plays (hey, let's have Canaan running the point and jacking up shots down the stretch!), etc. are all terrible. There's a reason why he was a Spurs assistant for nearly a decade before getting a head coaching offer.

That said, you have absolutely no clue about what the Sixers need and probably haven't watched them enough to truly evaluate who can play and who can't.
    A lot of what they're doing offensively such as jacking up shorts is about testing methods of play, making the value of these guys higher, and honestly I think they're just experimenting knowing they aren't going to win.

This is truly one of the few teams that seems to understand long term planning. As for Okafor I just don't see any way he's even your second best player and you win a title without your best guy being a Lebron or MJ type.

pirate Pop from the Spurs and call it a day.

They need to trade tony wroten and Noel to the Knicks for picks

I'd give up on Embiid
    Flip Nerlens Noel for CJ McCollum
    Bring Saric over
    Give Harrison Barnes a lot of money next offseason
    Sign Festus Ezeli to give them a defensive presence at center every once in a while
    Trade for Terrence Ross. He's not doing anything in Toronto and needs a change of scenery.

They've got probably 4 first round picks this year. Package the lowest two to move up into the late lottery or mid teens. Best case, they can land Ben Simmons, Jamal Murray and a guy I really like, Dwayne Bacon

C-Jalil Okafor/Festus Ezeli
    PF-Ben Simmons/Dario Saric
    SF-Harrison Barnes/Robert Covington
    SG-Terrence Ross/Dwayne Bacon
    PG-CJ McCollum/Jamal Murray

That's a fun team

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    A lot of what they're doing offensively such as jacking up shorts is about testing methods of play, making the value of these guys higher, and honestly I think they're just experimenting knowing they aren't going to win.

This is truly one of the few teams that seems to understand long term planning. As for Okafor I just don't see any way he's even your second best player and you win a title without your best guy being a Lebron or MJ type.
    Yep.

I'm not ready to write Okafor off completely, but with where the game is going...I just don't see how Okafor will have championship first option value. Maybe 2nd option, but it would have to be on a very specific team imo.

Seems like Noel is the type of big you'd rather have long term imo.

Decent playground baller

Bring them to Seattle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    I'd give up on Embiid
    Flip Nerlens Noel for CJ McCollum
    Bring Saric over
    Give Harrison Barnes a lot of money next offseason
    Sign Festus Ezeli to give them a defensive presence at center every once in a while
    Trade for Terrence Ross. He's not doing anything in Toronto and needs a change of scenery.

They've got probably 4 first round picks this year. Package the lowest two to move up into the late lottery or mid teens. Best case, they can land Ben Simmons, Jamal Murray and a guy I really like, Dwayne Bacon

C-Jalil Okafor/Festus Ezeli
    PF-Ben Simmons/Dario Saric
    SF-Harrison Barnes/Robert Covington
    SG-Terrence Ross/Dwayne Bacon
    PG-CJ McCollum/Jamal Murray

That's a fun team
    I don't see why you'd want Ben Simmons and Okafor on the same team.

If you are going with a lineup above...Noel/Festus make so much more sense to me...

Because the defense with Okafor is just going to never been good enough.

I guess you could try to buck the trends and go all big and play Simmons at SF, Okafor at PF, Festus at C....and have a guy like Barnes play the 2.

But ugh...I don't like that at all. The defense wouldn't be good enough to warrant it and the offense just wouldn't score enough due to the lack of shooting.

I like that team above a lot actually...I just don't think you want a low post scorer that isn't good defensively out there with those guys. You want a guy like Noel who can play quality defense and be great without the ball in his hands. Make Noel into a defensive force, screen setter, and rim runner. I also think Noel could develop into a decent passer on the pick and roll with time.

But Simmons/Noel with 3 quality defenders/shooters...with some playmaking ability at guard. Damn...that is the making of a real nice team for a long time.

Offer Barnes whatever he wants
    trade Noel for a PG
    Bring back Saric
    hope you draft Simmons
    keep tanking

Just tank for Simmons, get saric over. Bring one of okafor / noel off the bench.
    Go from there.

We should have made a move for Deron when he was cheap. I'd look into a Darren Collinson or Trey Burke type player to aquire. Maybe trade Noel for Jonas V. Have Okafor play high and Jo V play low. If Simmons isn't there get Jaylen Brown. Or potentially both.
    There is a lot of money in our back pockets as well. Just play the year with no expectations.