Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default I give you the Power to govern the Sixers future?

What deals are you making to field a competitive team in the next couple of years?
    An interesting statution since their talent issues are Guards not big men. I would trade Embiid first since he may never play and if he does he will only play limited minutes which isn't useful for a rebuilding team.

Default Re: I give you the Power to govern the Sixers future?

I'd probably just set the stadium on fire and collect the insurance payment before I flew to a private island and never thought about basketball again.

Sell them to europe

Trade for Spanoulis

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    What deals are you making to field a competitive team in the next couple of years?
    An interesting statution since their talent issues are Guards not big men. I would trade Embiid first since he may never play and if he does he will only play limited minutes which isn't useful for a rebuilding team.
    And who is giving you anything for Greg Oden's less healthy twin?

And FTR, while he is solid in the post Okafor is brutal defensively.

1. Embiid is unmovable. Teams won't give much for him. His contract extension is going to begin soon.

2. Trade some future 2nd for a Jarrett Jack type of player so your team won't go 0-82. Gotta win some games to keep Okafor happy.

3. Move Noel for whatever if Okafor/Noel continues to not work together. Noel has to go. You build around Okafor until you find a better prospect possibly this year.

4. Bring Saric over asap.

Okafor
    Saric
    Simmons/Brown/Ingram (whichever ends up best near the draft)
    Veteran wing from Noel trade
    Murray

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I'd probably just set the stadium on fire and collect the insurance payment before I flew to a private island and never thought about basketball again.
    Holy sh** I looked at the rost outside of Okafor and Noel they got d-league level talent

Pray five times a day to get Simmons

Draft him

Watch him unite the team under his leadership and unselfish playmaking skills

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Pump up Okafor's value all year and then trade him this summer for a top 5 lottery pick and a young good player.

I don't think Okafor can be the center piece of a title team. I think building around him with where the game is going would be a mistake. So trading him, assuming you can get value (which I'd be shocked if they couldn't) is a must for me.

Overpay an Aminu type free agent this summer. Perhaps two guys like that.

Draft as best you can with the picks that convey....continue to make smart +EV trades if possible like the Pelicans and Kings moves.

Keep Brown as coach long term (really like him)...

Focus on playing defense more than offense from a team perspective.

NBA lottery pick

Well, given they haven't once had the worst record....tank better?

I mean seriously they have a lot of picks in the next few drafts (possibly 2 lottery picks next year). You gotta land a franchise player. So far they have trade chips and maybe you keep Noel...

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

It wouldn't be that difficult to make them better. Pick out the pieces that matter and sell away whatever else for picks and sign vets. Experience wins games, not high draft picks.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Pump up Okafor's value all year and then trade him this summer for a top 5 lottery pick and a young good player.

I don't think Okafor can be the center piece of a title team. I think building around him with where the game is going would be a mistake. So trading him, assuming you can get value (which I'd be shocked if they couldn't) is a must for me.

Overpay an Aminu type free agent this summer. Perhaps two guys like that.

Draft as best you can with the picks that convey....continue to make smart +EV trades if possible like the Pelicans and Kings moves.

Keep Brown as coach long term (really like him)...

Focus on playing defense more than offense from a team perspective.
    Absolutely horrific and a surefire way of being mediocre for another 8 years...

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    Absolutely horrific and a surefire way of becoming mediocre...
    Just no.

You become mediocre by building a team around Okafor...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Just no.

You become mediocre by building a team around Okafor...
    I've watched EVERY Sixers game this season and probably 60-70% of the games last year and can tell you that Okafor is BY FAR the best player the team has had since Iverson. Getting rid of him, bringing in a bunch of scrubs and overpaying them (like Aminu), and keeping No Offense Noel (who can't even play defense now either) is an awful idea and will result in getting absolutely nowhere.

Also, Brett Brown is an awful head coach. Everything from his substitutions, lineups, end of the game plays (hey, let's have Canaan running the point and jacking up shots down the stretch!), etc. are all terrible. There's a reason why he was a Spurs assistant for nearly a decade before getting a head coaching offer.

That said, you have absolutely no clue about what the Sixers need and probably haven't watched them enough to truly evaluate who can play and who can't.
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 11-24-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I've watched EVERY Sixers game this season and probably 60-70% of the games last year and can tell you that Okafor is BY FAR the best player the team has had since Iverson. Getting rid of him and bringing in a bunch of scrubs and overpaying them (like Aminu) is an awful idea and will result in getting absolutely nowhere.

Also, Brett Brown is an awful head coach. Everything from his substitutions, lineups, end of the game plays, etc. are all terrible. There's a reason why he was a Spurs assistant for nearly a decade before getting a head coaching offer.
    You aren't winning a title, imo, building around Okafor.

And you aren't getting rid of him for scrubs. You'd be trading him for a top 5 draft pick and something else...his value is currently super high and will likely remain there. Teams will want the more sure thing entering the draft.

Scrubs? The Sixers could end up with 3 top 7 picks in this draft if they get lucky and make a trade.

They could easily end up with Simmons, Murray, and Jaylen Brown if they make a trade or two. Those aren't scrubs...there could be two franchise players there.

The reason I think they should pay a couple good young players in free agency this summer is that I think the days of just being terrible need to end after this year.

It's time to start putting together some semblance of a roster going forward. Guys like Aminu around age 25 are what I'd go after....

I really disagree about Brown...I like him a lot.