Thread: KJ McDaniels

5-time NBA All-Star

Default KJ McDaniels

This is the new highlight reel guy in the league. I just turn to the Philly games, passingly, and every time I watch this guy he's out of this world. He's probably going to have more shot blocks than any SG ever. His dunks are madness. He gets up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-U2yCguOg

He had a nice double clutch dunk last night as well. Philly has some interesting pieces in the future. MCW a future triple double leader, Embiid should be a double double leader, and KJ a highlight reel leader.

College superstar

Default Re: KJ McDaniels

I love this guy for his fantasy potential.

My team is built around 3s, steals and blocks, and he delivers.

"Kentucky would beat the Sixers doe"

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

"Kentucky would beat the Sixers doe"
    That is the crazy talk they say... but Philly does show you the distance between the NBA and college. Wroten, MCW and Noel (only mentioning them because they were recently in the mix like this) all would be in contention for NCAA players of the year, and Noel is barely a starter 7/7 guy in the pros.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    This is the new highlight reel guy in the league. I just turn to the Philly games, passingly, and every time I watch this guy he's out of this world. He's probably going to have more shot blocks than any SG ever. His dunks are madness. He gets up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-U2yCguOg

He had a nice double clutch dunk last night as well. Philly has some interesting pieces in the future. MCW a future triple double leader, Embiid should be a double double leader, and KJ a highlight reel leader.
    He had a bad stretch of games offensively but he's coming back now. Great defender and fun to watch.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He had a bad stretch of games offensively but he's coming back now. Great defender and fun to watch.
    Yeah, I think he's more Gerald Green than Vince Carter. But his blocking shots will be among the best.

Yeah, I think he's more Gerald Green than Vince Carter. But his blocking shots will be among the best.
    Do you mean Gerald Wallace? I'm not sure I see the Green comparison, or I'm just missing what you're saying. Either way, he's a guy who's going to be a lock down defender for a while. He's really long and athletic and hustles his ass off. I think that if the Sixers get a real team and he can be a guy who runs the floor and get dunks then he could maybe average 14ppg. He's going to be one of those guys who every team would like to have. Obviously nothing like a max player but just a hustle guy who you'd love to have. He will more than likely not develop into Jimmy Butler but he's still going to be good. It's nice to watch him play.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Do you mean Gerald Wallace? I'm not sure I see the Green comparison, or I'm just missing what you're saying. Either way, he's a guy who's going to be a lock down defender for a while. He's really long and athletic and hustles his ass off. I think that if the Sixers get a real team and he can be a guy who runs the floor and get dunks then he could maybe average 14ppg. He's going to be one of those guys who every team would like to have. Obviously nothing like a max player but just a hustle guy who you'd love to have. He will more than likely not develop into Jimmy Butler but he's still going to be good. It's nice to watch him play.
    Wasn't G Green a great leaper??? I could be confusing him with somebody else. But I agree with all you wrote.

Wasn't G Green a great leaper??? I could be confusing him with somebody else. But I agree with all you wrote.
    Yeah! I just thought you meant cause he was a hustler and D'd up. Gerald Wallace was athletic and couldn't shoot but was a great defender and could jump. Gerald Green actually can shoot but he's a decent defender. Who cares, we agree that we both like him

He nearly skied over two players for a one handed jam on the baseline too. Actually got me out of my seat, one of those dunks that looked amazing even though it didn't go in. And that double clutch from like outside the key where he hung on the rim was straight nasty. Love this kid, hard worker, good defender, athletic as hell. Crazy potential if he learns how to create his own shot.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Hes gonna be one of the greatest shot blocking guards along with prime Wade.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

That alley he had in the first couple weeks is still my favorite dunk of the season.

Love his game.