Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

Default Does LeBron really hate...

Does LeBron really hate losing?

Serious question.

Maybe he's someone who does not showcase his emotions in a passionate way.

I remember KG crying during itw because his team was losing so much.
    Not a Kobe fan by any means, but that guy looked like he was on a mission following his defeat against the Celtics in the Finals.

LeBron already lost 2 finals in a row, soon 3 lets be honest series was over at 3-1. He could very well lose the championship on his home floor tonight, again for the second year in a row, against guys who are openly disrespecting him on top of it.

LeBron strikes me as someone who is happy to have ATG stats and such a positive impact on teams, these Finals being his 6th consecutive trip obviously.

But he doesn't seem crushed by those losses in the Finals to me, he looks fine with it.
    I'm not inside they guy's head, but judging by his body langage, the way he acts towards teammates and his play on the court, it doesn't scream 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, LETS GO'..

I'm not sure he hates losing with a passion at this stage of his career.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Default Re: Does LeBron really hate...

He probably hates or strongly dislikes losing like most top level players do, but not on the Magic/Bird/Jordan/Isiah/Kobe level.

That's just a guess.

He's not a pathelogical competitor like Jordan. Jordan was known to cheat elderly women in card games, and when he'd be losing a game of Monopoly, he'd pick up the board, threw it across the room, and storm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    He probably hates or strongly dislikes losing like most top level players do, but not on the Magic/Bird/Jordan/Isiah/Kobe level.

That's just a guess.

He's not a pathelogical competitor like Jordan. Jordan was known to cheat elderly women in card games, and when he'd be losing a game of Monopoly, he'd pick up the board, threw it across the room, and storm out.
    Very true.

I don't get this 'I hate losing with a passion' vibe from him.

Maybe he's like this because it's the only way to keep going at it without being depressed given his number of failures..

Does Westbrook really hate losing? Chris Paul? Kevin Durant?

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Does Westbrook really hate losing? Chris Paul? Kevin Durant?

Well, KD cried....

As great as they are, CP3 and Westbrook are not considered top 10 of all time material... They do not turn teams instantly into contenders. Lebron does. But he's failing over and over at the biggest stage.

Bron locked himself up in a room for 2 weeks after the '11 finals, and looked clearly distraught on the bench during the '14 finals game 5... last year he said he'd have rather missed the playoffs (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDude
    Very true.

I don't get this 'I hate losing with a passion' vibe from him.

Maybe he's like this because it's the only way to keep going at it without being depressed given his number of failures..

He's still more successful than 99% of the players in the NBA. Beside Basketball is a kid sports. I played basketball, and scored 30 points in our last game. But it's still a kid sports.

Cavs are going to win Game 6.

5 vs. 8 tonight.

It's tough to gauge, he might not want to show that emotion to the world, and saves it for a more private time, I wouldn't know, I don't converse with the man.

Larry Bird once said "I hate to lose more than I like to win"

On it's surface that might look like a throw away line, but there is a distinct difference between loving to win and hating to lose.

As irrelevant as he feels now, doubt he hates or likes anything. Guy just wants to get his career over with as fast as possible. Literally the laughing stock of the league.

Stay tuned for 2/7.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I kinda agree (except for when he was trying to win his first Finals).

But KG was passionate as sh*t from day 1. That's what I knew him for when he was a young player at Minnesota. He's like a 10/10 on this scale. So you're comparing him to one of the people at the very top of this scale.

Lebron is like an 8.

And a 5 for example would be like a Carmelo.

I think he definitely hates Draymond now. He prolly thought they was good after he lost and honored that Ohio St/Michigan St bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Bron locked himself up in a room for 2 weeks after the '11 finals, and looked clearly distraught on the bench during the '14 finals game 5... last year he said he'd have rather missed the playoffs (lol).
    Kobe would be proud.

Gentlemen... It worked!! Again!!!

When you're the most scrutinised and watched athlete of all time, I think you make an effort to make it look like things don't impact you as hard as some may think.

I think those back to back performances should cite how much he dislikes losing. He clearly isn't as outwardly expressive as guys like Garnett, but I'm sure he is on that level or even above.

Who knows? Pointless argument. People will always choose the guy who makes mean faces over the more calm and collected ones. You never see Tim Duncan brought up in these debates. Wonder why?