Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: True or False: The Rockets got significantly worse this offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Morey was so sure that he was going to get either Melo or Bosh. Completely backfired in his face.
    I'm OK with him taking that chance. We weren't a championship caliber team with what we had last season. Look at our coach. I wish we could have gotten more for the players we lost but I don't think it's devastating.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

True (so far). Plus at least 10 other western teams improved.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    The value they got Ariza on was definitely better than what Parsons left for but they could have kept Parsons for 900k this year and then resigned him next when Lin wouldn't have that poison pill shit in his contract

they lost Lin, Parsons, Asik, and a 2015 first rounder and got 30 year old Ariza and a 2016 likely mid to late first rounder in return?

I just don't get what they are doing there. The way Morey goes about shit is going to have them locked in mediocrity as they have been these past 7 years.
    I might be late, but I thought they got Pelicans' 2015 first rounder (via Asik trade) that's only protected top 3 and 20-30 or something like that. West is wild, but there's a good shot that's a lotto pick next year. Maybe dangle that in a deal to upgrade at PF? Millsap should be the target for this particular roster imo since he's an expiring and would fit next to Dwight but I doubt ATL deals him. I'm taking shots in the dark but that's a pretty nice asset to have.

Banned

not to mention that the also lost picks in the process of downgrading their roster.

People pretending they don't have space to fill the holes.....

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

They should just get a couple 1 year deals and go after a free agent next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    This.

Asik and Lin werent real assets for them last year. Yeah they got worse cause they have no replacements..yet.

Banned

but who was the FAs left?

The FA talent pool is getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    This.

Asik and Lin werent real assets for them last year. Yeah they got worse cause they have no replacements..yet.
    Lin and asik weren't assets?

Very good NBA starter

"significantly worse?"

False.

Losing Parsons kinda sucks, but at times last season they played like they didn't even want Lin and Asik on the roster... and they probably didn't! lol ... Landing Ariza for relatively cheap is somewhat of a consolation and the offseason's not over. Getting Bosh would have been perfect, but what can you do. Gotten worse? I suppose. Significantly worse? I don't see it.. yet... Still got Harden and Howard. Parsons wasn't the player who was going to put them over the top so why overpay him.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    This.

Asik is a huge asset to anyone.

Lin is whatever, a couple picks too. That could bite if they miss the playoffs, which in the West is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    Lin and asik weren't assets?
    Not on the court, no. The Rockets wont miss them much.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    "significantly worse?"

False.

Losing Parsons kinda sucks, but at times last season they played like they didn't even want Lin and Asik on the roster... and they probably didn't! lol ... Landing Ariza for relatively cheap is somewhat of a consolation and the offseason's not over. Getting Bosh would have been perfect, but what can you do. Gotten worse? I suppose. Significantly worse? I don't see it.. yet... Still got Harden and Howard. Parsons wasn't the player who was going to put them over the top so why overpay him.
    It depends on who else they get and how Jones and Montejunas develop.

Ariza fits in really well for them...and he plays better defense than Parsons.

Depending on who else they get, the defense could get a lot better...even with harden.

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    sign Ariza

Lose Parsons, Lin and Asik
    They still have 10m in cap space.

And you can add NO lotto pick to that.