Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scaled Images of Wilt/Dwight/McGee etc wingspans and height w/o shoes:

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    ****ing lol @ theShaq and Wilt dunking pic. You can see the rimg in Shaqs hand below the rim in the actual pic to try and fool people. Also Shaq is on the opposite side of the rim while Wilt is closer. Good effort though to try and hype Wilt up. Not to mention Shaq is hanging from it while Wilt is exerting himself upwards with his arms. LOL
    Arrrghhh u got me I been tryna fool u all ... lol, seriously tho, thats what u think? For real, If the rim isn't quite right, good for you for noticing, because I didn't. Great observation, and by all means keep it in mind and alert everyone so that you don't think I'm "tricking" you... it's just a fun photoshop not a conspiracy theory

All in all I'd say I did a pretty good job at even finding such extremely similar perspectives and then scaling them up. Thought it made for a fun pic, guess not tho guess it's just me trying to trick everyone
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-22-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Default Re: Scaled Images of Wilt/Dwight/McGee etc wingspans and height w/o shoes:

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Yeah I know, I can't believe the guy you quoted actually said it and you didn't correct him.
    Ohhh I gotchya well, yah working out or filling out or whatever definitively will not expand anyones wingspan lol

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    All the same perspective (no off angles, only direct shots), all scaled using the basketball diameter of 9.4 inches for scaling reference:

Just Wilt and Dwight

Wilt and unibrow

Wilt and MJ

Wilt and Bron

Wilt and Shaq dunking on the same rim (was lucky to find 2 pics of the same perspective! - scaled using the rim diameter)

great job! love seeing photo's like these.

I wonder why they say his wingspan is only 7'2?

National High School Star

Should of put Yao Ming in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Got a pic of him with his arms spread out and a ball in his hand? Can't make these pics out of thin air, gotta have a source (btw I've seen a pic of him with his arms spread out if that's what your thinking of but that isn't enough, it needs to be a pic with a basketball in it because that's how I get the scaling correct)
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-22-2012 at 10:23 AM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Of the current crop, Anthony Davis is the quickest leaper and that's why he will have more blocked shots. But taking a pounding can affect his willingness to go after blocks.

Got a pic of him with his arms spread out and a ball in his hand? Can't make these pics out of thin air, gotta have a source (btw I've seen a pic of him with his arms spread out if that's what your thinking of but that isn't enough, it needs to be a pic with a basketball in it because that's how I get the scaling correct)
    Closest thing I could find...

http://ericscards.com/si102802.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Closest thing I could find...

http://ericscards.com/si102802.jpg
    YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! Dude, awesome, I can't incorporate it until I get home from work tonight but that is a GREAT FIND! Any others would be appreciated from you or anyone else - that is exactly what all these pictures I've used need to be like;

*straight on shot (no odd angles)
    *at least one basketball in one of their hands to get the scaling correct

repped. again thanks

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! Dude, awesome, I can't incorporate it until I get home from work tonight but that is a GREAT FIND! Any others would be appreciated from you or anyone else - that is exactly what all these pictures I've used need to be like;

*straight on shot (no odd angles)
    *at least one basketball in one of their hands to get the scaling correct

repped. again thanks
    Can you do one of Durant as well? Here is the pic:

Yao's wingspan seems to be 7-5. I wish there was a picture of Manute Bol, he has the highest wingspan in NBA history at supposedly 8-6

Yao's wingspan seems to be 7-5. I wish there was a picture of Manute Bol, he has the highest wingspan in NBA history at supposedly 8-6
    There is one, with Muggsy. You even got 3 balls and it's a straight angle if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    was about to say this

edit: just saw the followup. cool, can't wait to see yao there
    Last edited by ripthekik; 10-22-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Can you do one of Durant as well? Here is the pic:

sure, let me know if u find any pics with his arms spread out to showcase his 7-4.75 wingspan, that would be ideal but I know they aren't easy to find obviously not every player has posed like that for a photograph

Yes, his wingspan was measured to be 7-5, and his height without shoes was measured at 7-5.75