Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default True or False: The Rockets got significantly worse this offseason?

sign Ariza

Lose Parsons, Lin and Asik

Default Re: True or False: The Rockets got significantly worse this offseason?

true

they are counting on beverley...to break opponents legs

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    they are counting on beverley...to break opponents legs
    If he can break one opponent's legs per team, that gives the Rockets a significant advantage.

They missed out on bosh, boozer and melo too

Da Mavs

So far, true. Traded starting PG and a solid Center. Got a downgrade at SF.

That being said, they have 14 mill in cap space. It ain't over. Morey can be crafty.

Offseason isn't over yet

They're fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ked.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I dunno, I could see this going either way. Houston lost a couple of pieces and I think those trades were not good in retrospect since they got nothing back.

However Ariza isn't a piece to sleep on. He played well in the Playoffs for the Wizards and doesn't need the ball in his hands to excel. He also brings defense to the team. Significantly worse? Not sure I'd go that far but they lack depth big time now.

Not really. Lin wasn't good with us. Asik's production can be filled by Birdman for half the price.

Ariza and Parsons are on the same tier. Chandler is just younger, more dynamic offensively. He still has a bad beck though and $15 mil is too much.
    Augustine, and Birdman will probably be some targets.

We got worse when we kept McHale. Next season is already a failure. Get back to me once we get a coach.

NBA Superstar

The value they got Ariza on was definitely better than what Parsons left for but they could have kept Parsons for 900k this year and then resigned him next when Lin wouldn't have that poison pill shit in his contract

they lost Lin, Parsons, Asik, and a 2015 first rounder and got 30 year old Ariza and a 2016 likely mid to late first rounder in return?

I just don't get what they are doing there. The way Morey goes about shit is going to have them locked in mediocrity as they have been these past 7 years.

Never should have let Parsons out of his deal. I knew Morey was playing with fire...he was counting on getting a big name in Melo or Bosh, and THEN matching on Parsons...thus way over cap but wouldn't care at that point.

So the REASON he can't match Parsons is he has to try to keep space open in future for that "third star". If he matches Parsons, it'll never happen...

Morey was so sure that he was going to get either Melo or Bosh. Completely backfired in his face.

They got Alonzo Gee from New Orleans. I can't stop laughing