Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default I'm sorry but............. The Lakers are a great team and a contender when healthy

people are blinded by last season and all the injuries. coach firings. coach/player fights. locker room beef

this team got rid of the distractive players ( howard/metta )

if everyone can stay healthy. this is a great team on paper

starters

bench

much improved athleticism at SF for the starting linup and bench with young/johnson

thats the one position you aboslutely need to have athletes to keep up with the durants/melos/lebrons of the nba

btw i left off jordan farmar cause hes a joke and won't get a lick of playing time

but other than that. this is a solid team. if clicking and happy they can easly make a run at the western confrence finals

i don't see anyone except maybe sanantonio and houston ( if howard bounces back ) as a threat to this team

okc is busted up. theyre goin in the wrong direction. all you morons thinking this is a year for LA to tank will be shocked when they win 50 games

Default Re: I'm sorry but............. The Lakers are a great team and a contender when healthy

Default Re: I'm sorry but............. The Lakers are a great team and a contender when healthy

Beautiful. But where's the defense?

Also, Farmar's great.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    nash injured all year

pau injured all year

kobe misses playoffs

you think theres any real way to tell how this team will be next year?

you guys are really undervaluing the pickups of young/kaman/johnson

those were huge signings that might have saved the season

anything is an upgrade for a cancer locker room distraction in howard. and anything is an upgrade to slow over the hill washed up ron artest. but to get a solid big man who can hit free throws and was an allstar not to long ago is more than i could ask for in kaman. and nick young who when given the shots can average a ton of points

its obvious the lakers are in better shape than people think

Im sorry but............... you are a fggt

Their recent signings seem to have been made with scoring and chemistry in mind. They're not going to win shit this year, but they'll be entertaining and sell tickets.

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

No they're not

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    nash injured all year

pau injured all year

kobe misses playoffs

you think theres any real way to tell how this team will be next year?

you guys are really undervaluing the pickups of young/kaman/johnson

those were huge signings that might have saved the season

anything is an upgrade for a cancer locker room distraction in howard. and anything is an upgrade to slow over the hill washed up ron artest. but to get a solid big man who can hit free throws and was an allstar not to long ago is more than i could ask for in kaman. and nick young who when given the shots can average a ton of points

its obvious the lakers are in better shape than people think
    Come on dude. Their best bet is the 7th seed, and there's a good chance Nash and Pau will miss games this year too. Plus how do we know how Kobe is going to come back, how the new players are going to fit etc. They have no chance at WCF.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I look forward to this being bumped even though it's obviously a trolling thread

OP digging his own and Kobe's legacy grave once again

bookmarked

Oh shite. I just realized Kaman was an Allstar. Now that he's playing with Kobe he'll become a top 10 big man of all time lol

Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol 2h

Welcome back to the team Jordan Farmar! Also welcome Wesley Johnson and @NickSwagyPYoung . Let's get ready for a great season. #LakerNation
    Pau's pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I look forward to this being bumped even though it's obviously a trolling thread
    If somebody remembered this thread 6 months from now I'd probably nicely suggest they eat a bullet for breakfast

Banned

its quite possible that the lakers upgraded at 3 positions

kobe will be slightly less effective probably

but when you factor this

pg - nash missed all last season. they upgraded just by nash being healthy
    sg - kobe will be about the same when recovered
    sf - nick young at this point in his career is better than ron artest
    pf - pau was injured all year. they upgraded just by gasol being healthy
    c - lost howard. picked up kaman.

This f orum sucks dick

I agree, Lakers win AT LEAST 50 games. No way Kobe's slowing down, Nash will be healthy, Pau will be healthy. Pau will play C on offense and Kaman will be shooting jumpshots as a PF. I don't expect Sacre to play much, Lakers will probably run a 3 man rotation between Pau, Kaman, and Hill. Lakers are offensively unstoppable, they just need to find some kind of defensive identity and they'll be a top team.