Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Boston Celtics Trade/Free Agency/Rumors/Draft Discussion Thread ☘

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    stanley johnson would be a great pickup. I am a UofA fan so thats just a added plus
    Did you watch him much last season? How good do you think he can be as a pro?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by That_Admiral

But wouldn't Charlotte be looking for an SF to after the Stephenson trade?
    We'll give them Evan Turner

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Did you watch him much last season? How good do you think he can be as a pro?

he is a good defensive player, and has a nice outside shot, but he needs to be more agressive and get better at attacking the rim.

Banned

Justin Anderson is a guy y'all should definitely be looking at.

College superstar

If Sacramento is looking to deal Cousins (and they would be stupid to do it, but whatever), what about...

Boston/Clips pick this year, then Dallas and Brooklyn picks next year... four total picks, plus Sully and Gerald Wallace for Cousins.

Kings get four first round picks, a good young player, and a great expiring contract (timed with the Durant/Davis summer and TV deal) for Cousins.

Again, I think Sac would be stupid to trade Cousins for anything other than a top 10 player in the league AND a pick... but that's just me.

Celtics 2016 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    If Sacramento is looking to deal Cousins (and they would be stupid to do it, but whatever), what about...

Boston/Clips pick this year, then Dallas and Brooklyn picks next year... four total picks, plus Sully and Gerald Wallace for Cousins.

Kings get four first round picks, a good young player, and a great expiring contract (timed with the Durant/Davis summer and TV deal) for Cousins.

Again, I think Sac would be stupid to trade Cousins for anything other than a top 10 player in the league AND a pick... but that's just me.
    Cousins is a great player, but do you think Brad Stevens could handle him? And could we get the players we need around him?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by That_Admiral
    Cousins is a great player, but do you think Brad Stevens could handle him? And could we get the players we need around him?
    Yes and yes.

But even without those answers being "yes", if you have an opportunity to get a top 10 player in the league, and still improving, and one that is likely to be a top 3 player any day now... you do it. No questions.

Not to mention, I think his attitude issues are overblown. Literally every single professional athlete has some sort of attitude issue at one point or another. Those "problems" are just magnified depending on star status. And Cousins, since day 1, has been a budding star, even going back to college and HS.

Then on top of that.. can you look at the turmoil he's had to deal with in Sac since being traded and really say to yourself.... "Man, Cousins was given every opportunity to succeed"? No.

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

Heading into the draft, these are the four I want in order:

Kaminsky (looooong shot, but ya never know)
    Oubre
    Dekker
    Portis

Banned

Kelly Oubre is James Young 2.0 except he's more passive on offense

Banned

gary washburn
    ‏@GwashburnGlobe

Have been told the #Magic will not match a max offer to Tobias Harris, so the market value has been set. #Celtics
    Steve KylerVerified account
    ‏@stevekylerNBA

There have been indication that Boston could be the front runner, but was told that Harris' camp has made no decisions yet
    Nice! I think he's our best option in FA, imo. Better than Monroe.

Celtics 2016 Champs

If we get harris too
    WE looking good this season!

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Soo, Crowder re-signs and we're now at around 100 million combo guards and forwards. Sigh. My depth chart looks something like this:

Smart 24 - Thomas 24
    Bradley 30 - Smart 12 - Young 6
    Crowder 30 - Turner 12 - Young 6
    Johnson 24 - Jerebko 12 - Sullinger 10
    Zeller 24 - Olynyk 16 - Johnson 8

No time for any of the rookies. Just in terms of roster balance, Danny should b looking to make a trade - but who for, I have no idea. Sadly the player who makes most sense, if you want to free up time for the rookies, is Smart. If there's a star big guy available by trade, you probably look at moving Smart + Johnson + Sullinger (or Zeller if it's a centre).

Banned

Yeah I don't have a clue how Danny will get equal playing time for everyone. So much depth, but no starpower whatsoever.

With Monroe going to the Bucks, it may be possible that Henson is available. A shot in the dark guy to target would be Dieng of the Wolves.