Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Am I the only one that thinks it's ok to want to beat a record? He didn't say they would or anything. He simply said they want to.

raep tiem

Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Healthy Lakers team has a chance to beat that record but who cares.. I rather have the 6 rings that will cement Kobe as the GOAT than the record..
    This guy... LOOL

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol so you just eliminate two seasons? Ok.

The fact is the bulls was able to win 72 games with different rosters, similar situation for the laker. Kobe and Gasol has played along more than 5 years, world peace with his third years. With the additonal of steve nash and Dwigth howard. It is possible for laker to win 72 if not more.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

LOL, this is going to be fun. The lakers and media are shooting themselves in the foot. People are putting their foot in their mouth. The lakers may lose 9 games in the first 30 games. Just sit back and watch the show..the comedy. You can't take anything that Artest says seriously.

Damn Laker fans quick to throw Artest under the bus. Dude pretty much saved you that 2010 game 7 when Kobe was playing like shit.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Pippen > Howard
    Hell, Rodman >>> Howard for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Should have been amnestied.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Healthy Lakers team has a chance to beat that record but who cares.. I rather have the 6 rings that will cement Kobe as the GOAT than the record..

In order to be GOAT you have to go at least 6 for 6 in the finals with perfection and having 6 finals MVP's.

Kobe won't have that even if the Lakers win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    other than Kobe, Artest the only other perimiter defender they have.
    i meant trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Damn Laker fans quick to throw Artest under the bus. Dude pretty much saved you that 2010 game 7 when Kobe was playing like shit.
    2010 and 2013 isnt a that far apart to you?

Banned

I have mixed feelings on this. I want Nash to win a title so bad but at the same time, I hate Dwight's stupidity and especially Kobe's fans. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    I have mixed feelings on this. I want Nash to win a title so bad but at the same time, I hate Dwight's stupidity and especially Kobe's fans. What to do?
    there is not a single player on that Lakers team that i am a fan of before or after this team was formed

it's good to have lofty goals I guess

i think they'll win about 65 - 67 though...kinda got that '99-2000 team feel

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles...g-bulls-72.htm

Kobe gonna be mad at MWP for running his mouth

Serious playground baller schism206's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    That's assuming Olajuwon would be able to play with Jordan. How are they going to improve more? They won multiple titles with two great forwards in both 3-peats and average centers.

20-25 years ago, you'd be right. The game is too perimeter-oriented today to make a center your most important position. You need to be able to have your perimeter players able to slash and create. The rules favor perimeter players more than ever. Defense still wins championships, but the center position is not as in demand as it was.
    One thing about those bulls teams was they had a lot of big guys who could play center. Which gave them a lot of fouls to give for guys like Shaq, and still being able to keep size in the middle most of the time. Wennington and Longley were 7footers, think Brian Williams was on a few of those teams (Bison Dele ) they had Caffey and Simpkins who had some size, and of course Rodman who could guard pretty much anyone. Then all their wings and most guards were like 6'6 through 6'8. hell the only guys on the teams that I can think of who were under 6'6 were Kerr and Randy Brown. They had a lot of size, and massive wingspans on their guards, so they could win games without a dominant center because of that combined with their defensive IQ. So they didn't need a super athletic guy like a Dhoward in the middle, just an average guy like Longley was sufficient because MJ,Rodman/Scottie/Harper were so agile and quick, and play the help D against a premier center.