Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How do I get rich?

Put all of your savings in a piggy bank so it won't collect interest.

PRO TIP: Use a non-electric toothbrush (cheaper than electric).

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Aggressively save.

I was making sub $35k before taxes and after taxes seeing $25k.

I'm closing in on $100k. I'll be getting a pay increase with a new job and OT opportunity in two weeks. I'll also be looking into a part time job again.

I don't save and be cheap the way I'm saying. I live I have fun. Blew $6-8k on my last vacation for just my wife and I. I eat out a lot. I buy gifts a lot for my wife's big family.

But when I balance myself, I offset all of these things. I picked up vaping 3-4 years ago because of stress. Nicotine got me. I'm spending $40 a week for juul pods that don't do shit. I get $25 haircuts every week or two.

There are ways for me to save more, but I'm in a better position not to be bothered by it.

My expenses might come higher as I'm looking into a car.

I'm considering opening up a business or buying and renting apartments/a house.

Tldr; aggressively save, have multiple income streams, side gigs, live life.
    Saving cash in a bank account does NOT make you rich. You need to use that on investments.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    Saving cash in a bank account does NOT make you rich. You need to use that on investments.

In order to afford certain investments, you need to save up money...

OP, that's a difficult thing to answer. How do I get rich....there is a plethora of ways to both get rich and end up broke TRYING to get rich.

Draz gave you the golden rule of starting...and that's save money. Save cash so you have liquid assets that you can actually use as an investment. How much are you making atm? Do you have a job or are you self employed?

If you're making under $50k per year and want to make that amount ASAP, learn tf out of SQL and find yourself a database job. Safe line of work, always in need and truly not that difficult of a skill to pick up. Watch youtube videos, try it yourself....download SSMS and get started. Starting pay for a SQL developer/technician/assistant DBA is around 40k-55k, surely no lower than $40k. Corp jobs will offer you benefits including them paying for your health care/dental/etc., and if you're lucky, you can find a company with a nice retirement plan and get started with that. From there, sky is the limit...you get paid more the better and longer you are there.

"rich" is relative to everyone. I have no idea how much you are making, but if you are say a person making minimum wage and end up with a $50k/year job...you might feel rich compared to how you were living previously.

If you're already making above $50k then you don't really have much to complain about, bro. Unless you are raising a family, it's easy to save money when you make that amount, and investing comes after you've saved. Whether you decide to jump into real estate, play the stock market (ehhhh..imo riskier than real estate), buy bonds (something that I as a Muslim cannot), you should be able to find SOMETHING to invest into in order to get a return.

It takes money to make money.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Have kids.

Our tax credits are amazing.

I'm probably going to have a few more for food stamps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Have kids.

Our tax credits are amazing.

I'm probably going to have a few more for food stamps as well.
    He's not asking how to survive while doing the least amount of work and being a piece of shit, he's asking how to get rich.

Quit drinking and doing blow.

Become a janitor like egokiller. Very lucrative career making 6 figures

Sell your your car, your home, and everything else you own. Go to Vegas and put all the money you just got on the roulette wheel for a single spin. If you are lucky you may be rich if not then you can find out what it is like to be truly broke so then you will realize what you had before was not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    I

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

[QUOTE=egokiller]I

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Ego killed - confirm.

Another one.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    He works at McDonald's

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    In order to afford certain investments, you need to save up money...

OP, that's a difficult thing to answer. How do I get rich....there is a plethora of ways to both get rich and end up broke TRYING to get rich.

Draz gave you the golden rule of starting...and that's save money. Save cash so you have liquid assets that you can actually use as an investment. How much are you making atm? Do you have a job or are you self employed?

If you're making under $50k per year and want to make that amount ASAP, learn tf out of SQL and find yourself a database job. Safe line of work, always in need and truly not that difficult of a skill to pick up. Watch youtube videos, try it yourself....download SSMS and get started. Starting pay for a SQL developer/technician/assistant DBA is around 40k-55k, surely no lower than $40k. Corp jobs will offer you benefits including them paying for your health care/dental/etc., and if you're lucky, you can find a company with a nice retirement plan and get started with that. From there, sky is the limit...you get paid more the better and longer you are there.

"rich" is relative to everyone. I have no idea how much you are making, but if you are say a person making minimum wage and end up with a $50k/year job...you might feel rich compared to how you were living previously.

If you're already making above $50k then you don't really have much to complain about, bro. Unless you are raising a family, it's easy to save money when you make that amount, and investing comes after you've saved. Whether you decide to jump into real estate, play the stock market (ehhhh..imo riskier than real estate), buy bonds (something that I as a Muslim cannot), you should be able to find SOMETHING to invest into in order to get a return.

It takes money to make money.
    Its funny because I actually like SQL more than any other language. I'll look to pick up the speed to learning it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    He's not asking how to survive while doing the least amount of work and being a piece of shit, he's asking how to get rich.