Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Bill Russell vs Michael Jordan - only thing people 100 years from now will care about

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    This thread was only made in order to further an agenda, not to promote any meaningful discussion.
    True, BTW did you have the misfortune of reading this:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Here is Prime Russells numbers in my opinion when you adjust for pace regarding numbers of possessions and MPG

Adjusted: 11.2 ppg, 13.9 rpg, 2.7 apg in 100 poss. per game. & 40 mpg.

Actual Numbers: 18.9 ppg, 23.6 rpg, 4.5 apg in his ~150 poss. per game. & 45.2 mpg.

In my opinion Russell was Ben Wallace before Ben Wallace. Good rebounder and defensive player but his titles was more to the fact that he played on a stacked franchise in an 8-team league more than his "dominance". If people are going to credit Russell so much for those titles then those same people should have Bob Cousy in their top ten. Otherwise their hypocrites
    I thought the Cousy defense died when the Celtics had their then-best season to date in 64 (and arguably got even better in 65)?

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Bill Russell vs Michael Jordan - only thing people 100 years from now will care about

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i proved kareem was better

now i'm proving russell is better

nobody can argue with titles

scoring is down compared to mike. but he was mainly a defensive anchor that grabbed 20-25 rebounds a game and ran the offense from the high post

that combined with his player/coach titles and theres no comparison

HONDO BETTER THAN kOBE AND MJ

Hondo's stats are clearly better than Kobe cuz he played in the 70's. The defensive rating of the 70's shits on what defenses do now.. Shit Hondo may be AS GOOD AS MJ or even better.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    if ben wallace won 11 titles and 5 mvps. then you'd have a point
    Or if Bill Russell played in a league with players of comparable athleticism, strength...and oh let's say maybe 20 more teams that dilute the talent

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar