Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Kobe Stan

Default Why couldn't Jordan score as many points as Lebron?

Jordan was supposedly a better scorer than Lebron and played in an easier era. And Lebron gets more assists and rebounds. It's not like Jordan didn't shoot a lot.

Default Re: Why couldn't Jordan score as many points as Lebron?

Thought provoking question, no doubt. Have also wondered why Lebron couldn't win as many rings as Jordan? It's not like Lebron lacked for chances. Big Lebron fan personally, by the way.

These Bron stans are getting worse and worse. Its quite sad actually

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor
    Thought provoking question, no doubt. Have also wondered why Lebron couldn't win as many rings as Jordan? It's not like Lebron lacked for chances. Big Lebron fan personally, by the way.
    Well the quick and obvious answer is competition.

Why didn't Jordan win more rings than Russell?

But back to your initial question, which one of those jokes of a Finals team do you think LeBron would actually lose to?

At worst he'd be 5/6 and at best 8/8 or so...

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Unlike corporation, I'll give you a real answer.

It's not that Jordan couldn't. He just didn't need to. He didn't play in nearly as many games nor did he need as many. He won more than he lost so he was basically ineligible to pass him in total points. What's more indicative is the PPG because that's actually the barometer we use when determining best scorers.

Total points is a longevity thing. Let's also not get into the fact that LeBron gets to play in the weakest era ever and that offensively we are seeing spikes in scoring due to an emphasis made by the league to curb defense in order to get higher ratings. It's not because he's actually a better scorer. I mean he got literal cupcakes all the way until he met real competition in the Finals. And what happens there? He gets opposing coaches who make him play right into their scheme.

So there you have it OP. The real answer you were looking for.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Well the quick and obvious answer is competition.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]
    Why didn't Jordan win more rings than Russell?
    [/COLOR]

But back to your initial question, which one of those jokes of a Finals team do you think LeBron would actually lose to?

At worst he'd be 5/6 and at best 8/8 or so...
    Same reason he didn't win as many as Horry

And yr asking how many lebron would get as a bull? With 1 less all-star than he won all his rings with? He wouldn't make the Finals in any year of mj's career

Jordan could afford to play 11 full seasons worth of games from 84-98 and win twice as many titles & 10x as many scoring titles as Bran in 16 seasons. It's actually crazy to think that Jordan led the league in scoring in 10 straight full seasons played after his rookie year.

Jordan actually averaged more offensive boards, steals and blocks on top of the huge gap in scoring.

Why MJ got 10 consecutive scoring titles, an accolade relative to his peers and era, versus LePushed only one???

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJistheGOAT
    Why MJ got 10 consecutive scoring titles, an accolade relative to his peers and era, versus LePushed only one???
    Scottie
    Pippen

LeBron needed Kyrie or Wade to win 3.
    MJ needed Pippen to win 6.

MJ needed less than LeBron to win twice as much.

Simon with another thread backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller

No

I'm sure you're missing the point, but Scottie Pippen did everything more than Jordan except for scoring ( rebounds assists steals blocks ) so if all Bron had to do was focus on scoring I'm sure he could get more than 30 per game.

I hope this makes sense for you, it might be hard to comprehend for people with a small brain

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    No

I'm sure you're missing the point, but Scottie Pippen did everything more than Jordan except for scoring ( rebounds assists steals blocks ) so if all Bron had to do was focus on scoring I'm sure he could get more than 30 per game.

I hope this makes sense for you, it might be hard to comprehend for people with a small brain
    Had Lebron focused more in scoring instead of doing everything, he could've won more than 3 rings. His teammates would surely step up with their roles if given chance. Together with all his all-star teammates, Lebron could've been MJ if he chose to.

Lebron avg triple double in 2016 and most said it is a milestone, which indeed it is. But people forget that Kyrie also had explosive games especially in those games 5,6 & 7. Bron almost had the same feat in 2015 without Kyrie and look what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish
    Had Lebron focused more in scoring instead of doing everything, he could've won more than 3 rings. His teammates would surely step up with their roles if given chance. Together with all his all-star teammates, Lebron could've been MJ if he chose to.

Lebron avg triple double in 2016 and most said it is a milestone, which indeed it is. But people forget that Kyrie also had explosive games especially in those games 5,6 & 7. Bron almost had the same feat in 2015 without Kyrie and look what happened

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    concentrate more in scoring and let others do their roles

comprende?

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller

Let's dive further into this great point you just made.

Mj's team usually had more hof players than the guys he beat. He's actually only defeated one team that had equal or greater hof talent than his team (pistons 91) every other series he's had the advantage.

91 Lakers had 2 but Worthy was hobbled as well as Scott (2nd and 3rd options for LA) this could count as a 2nd.

92 and 93 opponets had 1 hall of famer each. Mj's teams obviously never had less than 2.

2nd 3peat the Bulls had 3 hall of famers and the Sonics had 1, the Jazz had 2.

Perhaps I'm missing a team he defeated feel free to add to the list.

On the other hand the only time Lebron's team had more hall of fame talent than the opponent was 2011 which he lost. Every other series was equal or his team was at a disadvantage from that hall of fame standpoint.

Again feel free to correct me if I've left out someone something.