Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Default Lakers season officially ends

Some thoughts after watching this game:

Lakers are now 31-41, one game BEHIND last year's pace of 32-40 after 72 games.

Javele was a beast tonight - 33 pts / 20 boards on 75% shooting.

Lebron however, was hot garbage.

Some Lehighlights:
    *4 missed freethrows in a row
    8/25 shooting (32%) with ONE single made basket outside the paint (1/11 in non-stiffarm actual jumpers).
    1-7 from the 3 pt line
    8 turnovers including an illogical pass to no one and a crucial one at 22 seconds left. Should have been called a couple of times for the stiff-arm / charge but it is LA after all.

I have posted about my theory about his poor midrange / 3pt shooting (theory is he turns the ball over more than he hits jumpers outside the paint. Just for laughs:

He's so good at shooting!

Default Re: Lakers season officially ends

RIP Playoff Mode

2/21/19-3/23/19

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    RIP Playoff Mode

2/21/19-3/23/19

"Guess I have to start a little bit early this year"

Team record from 02/21 - 03/23: 3 wins 12 losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal

"Guess I have to start a little bit early this year"

Team record from 02/21 - 03/23: 3 wins 12 losses.
    Why such a poor record during this timeframe? Didn't the GOAT LeBron James return from injury? Shouldn't they have started to win?

The """"""""goat""""""" was eliminated in March. With 10 games left.

Ironically on 3/23. 3 wins and 2*3 losses.

LeEliminatedinMidMarch
    LeCan'thangintheWest
    LeBatmanlightbaldspot
    LeGED
    LeGBT
    Le8turnovers
    Le3rdtimemissingplayoffsaltogether

Last edited by Shaquille O'Neal; 03-23-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Come on man, no need to make a thread like this. People did this with Kobe because he's a top 10 GOAT but we're talking about a guy who is top 20 all-time at best, no one except his idiot fanbase thought this team was going anywhere with him as arguably their best player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    Come on man, no need to make a thread like this. People did this with Kobe because he's a top 10 GOAT but we're talking about a guy who is top 20 all-time at best, no one except his idiot fanbase thought this team was going anywhere with him as arguably their best player
    Jerry West, the logo, was 1-8 in the Finals. Lebron is 2 made baskets (from other teammates) away from having that identical record.
    West has proven his basketball genius post NBA in the front offices of multiple teams. Who is better all-time - West or Lebron?

I have Lebron around #18 or so now after this colossal "go west and miss the playoffs in March" season.
    Far, far behind players like Bryant, Shaq, Duncan, Oscar, Hakeem, Bird, Wilt, etc.

Jerry West, the logo, was 1-8 in the Finals. Lebron is 2 made baskets (from other teammates) away from having that identical record.
    West has proven his basketball genius post NBA in the front offices of multiple teams. Who is better all-time - West or Lebron?

I have Lebron around #18 or so now after this colossal "go west and miss the playoffs in March" season.
    Far, far behind players like Bryant, Shaq, Duncan, Oscar, Hakeem, Bird, Wilt, etc.
    Man, that's actually kinda tough. I have to lean towards West who often did raise his game in the playoffs and did not quit or wilt under pressure, but that 1-8 finals record

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    Man, that's actually kinda tough. I have to lean towards West who often did raise his game in the playoffs and did not quit or wilt under pressure, but that 1-8 finals record

I'm 45 so I haven't seen very man West games. How was his defense, and did he stick with one team or team hop/collude to try to win rings? Feel like he was always a Laker and just lost to the stacked Celtics almost every year.

I'm 45 so I haven't seen very man West games. How was his defense, and did he stick with one team or team hop/collude to try to win rings? Feel like he was always a Laker and just lost to the stacked Celtics almost every year.
    West was before my time as well but he averaged over 2+ steals in the one season steals were recorded for him although steals obviously aren't everything I've read nothing bad about his defense, certainly put more effort than LeBum typically has

And yeah, those Celtics were way more stacked than the Warriors yet there were several game 7s involved instead of the blowouts LeBron has been apart of. Won Finals MVP on the losing team

I don't know if this was your intention but I'm now definitely picking West over LeBron