Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Durant sidelined again

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    so who fcked up in this whole mess?
    was it KD? the team management? the doctors?

was a surgery required? why did he play with those screws on? how long do these screws stay inside in this type of procedure? did he rush to the court to soon?
    Everybody but KD is to blame.

Durant should not have come back this quick nor should the screw be rubbing on his bone.

I am an orthopedic surgeon and my patients have never had any trouble what so ever with the screw rubbing against the metatarsal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    The screw, typically, is left in the patient for life unless it causes discomfort. The 1st surgery generally has a recover time of 2 months, but with a pro athlete that can be reduced due to their training/fitness regimen.

As for reinjury, if Durant's foot fully healed(which I believe it had, otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to play due to its high potential for reinjury prior to proper calcification) then the bone is actually stronger than it was prior to the injury. Thus this is an injury that is virtually nonexistent in terms of reinjury potential assuming Durant's foot fully healed when he 1st returned.
    No, his fracture still isn't healed yet.

He came back while it was still in the process of healing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    No, his fracture still isn't healed yet.

He came back while it was still in the process of healing.
    That is ridiculous, but alas this surgery was due to the irritation of the screw fixation and not the bone itself. I have no idea why they would bring him back prior to full calcification of the bone due to the high propensity of re-fracture when it isn't fully healed.

But whatever, it's fully healed by now. It's been 4 months. 14 weeks is the max that fracture takes to heal

The screw, typically, is left in the patient for life unless it causes discomfort. The 1st surgery generally has a recover time of 2 months, but with a pro athlete that can be reduced due to their training/fitness regimen.

As for reinjury, if Durant's foot fully healed(which I believe it had, otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to play due to its high potential for reinjury prior to proper calcification) then the bone is actually stronger than it was prior to the injury. Thus this is an injury that is virtually nonexistent in terms of reinjury potential assuming Durant's foot fully healed when he 1st returned.
    thanks for the info

I hope it's only the screw bothering him and nothing more serious.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It is unfortunate that OKC's front office wasn't willing to pay the additional costs for the right size screw without that head on it or else this never would have happened. Cheap a$$ Clay Bennett didn't want to pay for the more expensive screw.

JK.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 02-22-2015 at 06:17 PM.

That is ridiculous, but alas this surgery was due to the irritation of the screw fixation and not the bone itself. I have no idea why they would bring him back prior to full calcification of the bone due to the high propensity of re-fracture when it isn't fully healed.

But whatever, it's fully healed by now. It's been 4 months. 14 weeks is the max that fracture takes to heal
    If it was healed then they would come out and say it.

"The good news is that the fracture itself is healing excellently and from what the doctors conveyed to us we continue to feel very good about the prognosis moving forward," Presti said. "But in the short term, as he's continued to have this discomfort we wanted to determine the best way to alleviate it while still promoting the healing of the initial injury."

That doesn't sound like it's fully healed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    It is unfortunate that OKC's front office wasn't willing to pay the additional costs for the right size screw without that head on it or else this never would have happened. Cheap a$$ Clay Bennett didn't want to pay for the more expense screw.
    is this true?

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Hopefully it's no more serious then what they are saying and he should be relieved of any soreness soon.

I'm sure goatbrook and the new guys can keep this team comfortably afloat in the 8th seed and not force Durant back early again

Banned

If it was healed then they would come out and say it.

"The good news is that the fracture itself is healing excellently and from what the doctors conveyed to us we continue to feel very good about the prognosis moving forward," Presti said. "But in the short term, as he's continued to have this discomfort we wanted to determine the best way to alleviate it while still promoting the healing of the initial injury."

That doesn't sound like it's fully healed to me.
    You're such an idiot

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    is this true?
    Picture an image of Homer Simpson hitting his head and saying, "doh".

You're such an idiot

You're the idiot. The bone isn't fully healed yet. What don't you get about that?

Banned

You're the idiot. The bone isn't fully healed yet. What don't you get about that?
    It's been 18 weeks you clown, you clearly have NO IDEA what you're talking about

Orthopedic surgeon, ya ok buddy.

Durant has been playing on a partially broken foot and is averaging 27/7/4 on insane efficiency and elite defense.

You could argue he's been the best player and he's been playing on a broken foot and a screw rubbing against his bone.

Everybody but KD is to blame.

Durant should not have come back this quick nor should the screw be rubbing on his bone.

I am an orthopedic surgeon and my patients have never had any trouble what so ever with the screw rubbing against the metatarsal.

Very good NBA starter

Heal up and come to Cleveland in 2016 KD