Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Better passer, LeBron or MJ?

It seems to me like many favor Bron and that it's not really close... But it's not true. MJ even had a stretch where he was moved over to point and was dishing out 10+ assists a game. What do you guys think?

Heres the article. It highlights Jordan's numbers in his move to point. Even outplaying Magic Johnson one game with 16 assists.

http://thebestten.wordpress.com/2010...le-double-run/

When it became obvious that relying on Michael Jordan alone to win games was no longer working, the Chicago Bulls tried a move that surprised everyone. They shifted Michael Jordan to the point guard position.

The move had an immediate impact for the Bulls. In Michael’s first game as a point guard, he dished out 15 assists in a blowout win over the Seattle Supersonics. In his next game, Michael recorded a triple double with 21 points, 14 rebounds, and 14 assists in another blowout of the Indiana Pacers. The results were almost too good to believe, and it seemed as if the Bulls had found the magic bullet. But will it last?
    On March 21st, the Bulls played the defending champs the Lakers in LA. In what turned out to be an epic showdown, Michael Jordan went head to head against another elite point guard in Magic Johnson. Michael used the opportunity to outshine Magic by dishing out 16 assists to Magic’s 12. The Bulls used a balanced attack and had 3 players with 20 or more points (Jordan, Pippen, Hodges) and 5 players scoring in double digits. Magic missed the game tying free throw late in the game and the Bulls won with a final score of 104-103.
    On March 25, Michael began a run of 10 triple doubles in 11 games, including 7 straight before missing one against the Pistons where he had 40 points, 11 assists, and 7 rebounds. He would finish the season with 15 triple doubles, 3 shy of Magic Johnson’s record among active players.
    Clyde Drexler had this to say, “Everybody has to watch (Jordan) with the ball. The other guys are free to roam, and their shooting percentages are going to soar. I think (Jordan) handles the ball better than Magic. (Jordan) just makes everybody else better.”

“So many people key on Michael that you’re usually going to have one or two guys open all the time,” Hawks forward Dominique Wilkins said. “It makes them that much more effective. It depends on how the other players respond to it, and they’ve responded very well.”
    Last edited by fubu05; 01-20-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Better passer, LeBron or MJ?

Easily Lebron.

You know the answer is going to be Jordan. Even though Lebron is the better passer you know people are going to say Jordan. This generation makes it seem like he has to be the best perimeter player at everything.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Bron.

Jordan.

Decent playground baller v1ncelis's Avatar

I will go with a guy who averaged 11 assists in NBA finals.

Jordan did play point guard for like a month, and average almost a triple double while scoring over 30+ ppg. The question is, why did his rebounds go up?

Anyway, I have to go with Lebron, cause that's his game. We can only go by what we've seen, not what could of if Jordan played a pass first type of game.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Well, to me they are both great passers. I will give a slight edge to lebron. he has natural PG instincts and sees the court better than Jordan did. As a Jordan fan, I can say Jordan was by far a great passer. His 11 assists average in his first Finals appearance can attest.

Also as someone stated in 1989 he was mved to PG for the last month of the season and was getting 40 point triple doubles on an almost nightly basis. He had 10 out of 11 games where he had a triple double and he was still getting over 30+ points.

Both guys are great passers, but this one i will give to lebron.

Lebron... and this comes from a super biased Jordan fan that have seen most of his games...

only a Lebron hater would say differently...

Lebron has better court vision & passing ability than Jordan... is also more unselfish than him...

Not just that... but Lebron is the best passing non-PG in NBA history... the only other guy that gets close is Larry Bird..

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Well, to me they are both great passers. I will give a slight edge to lebron. he has natural PG instincts and sees the court better than Jordan did. As a Jordan fan, I can say Jordan was by far a great passer. His 11 assists average in his first Finals appearance can attest.

Also as someone stated in 1989 he was mved to PG for the last month of the season and was getting 40 point triple doubles on an almost nightly basis. He had 10 out of 11 games where he had a triple double and he was still getting over 30+ points.

Both guys are great passers, but this one i will give to lebron.
    Here is Lebron starting Point-Guard 13 games in a row, his last season with Cavs:

that is:

31.7 PPG
    7.3 RPG
    11.6 APG
    Last edited by pauk; 01-20-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Lebron... and this comes from a super biased Jordan fan that have seen most of his games...

only a Lebron hater would say differently...

Lebron has better court vision & passing ability than Jordan... is also more unselfish than him...

Not just that... but Lebron is the best passing non-PG in NBA history... the only other guy that gets close is Larry Bird..
    larry bird is a better passer than lebron

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

#1 Pete Maravich

#2 Magic Johnson

#3 Larry Bird

#4 Bob Cousy

#5 LeBron James

#6 either Jason Kidd or Steve Nash

MJ = elite passer, as in everything he did, but not up there with those guys.....
    for pure passing there's a lot of guys to argue it with MJ... Walt Frazier for example, Stockton for example. Jordan wasn't even the best passer on his team, Pippen was amazing, just surgical razors

Great college starter

They are both excellent passers....but i give the edge to Lebron, simply cuz he has a pass-first mentality while Jordan was the opposite...

Banned

Michael Jordan. Lebron is probably the most overrated playmaker/passer/facilitator ever. Lebron is a very slow decision maker and playmaker. It seems like he just finds and passes it to the obvious open man like the open man that almost everyone can already see. I have never been wowed by Lebron's passing skills which is why I think anyone that compares him to Magic don't have a clue about what they're talking about.

I can almost guarantee you most people wouldn't be saying Lebron if he didn't average more assists. Just because one player averages more assists than the other doesn't mean he was a better passer/playmaker/facilitator and I hope people understand that.

I understand why people take Lebron, it's just for a terrible reason.

Great college starter

[QUOTE=La Frescobaldi]#1 Pete Maravich

#2 Magic Johnson

#3 Larry Bird

#4 Bob Cousy

#5 LeBron James

#6 either Jason Kidd or Steve Nash

MJ = elite passer, as in everything he did, but not up there with those guys.....
    for pure passing there's a lot of guys to argue it with MJ... Walt Frazier for example, Stockton for example. Jordan wasn't even the best passer on his team, Pippen was amazing, just surgical razors[/QUOTE]

BULLSHIT