Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Ainge would be willing to trade any and all of the "Big 3" for young players.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    KG for taj gibson.

Banned

Default Re: Ainge would be willing to trade any and all of the "Big 3" for young players.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Ay, this is how I feel. Obviously as you guys know I live in a happy, fantasy land most of the time...

But it'd be cool if they could trade the Big Three all to the same team. And get back one somewhat stud and a few role players. Preferably a big. But maybe a wing and some prospects.

The NBA is full of teams that have pieces that don't quite fit, and adding the big 3 could make them a contender. And it'd be good for them to get another chance to compete.

Then the Cs could have a lottery year this year and rebuild around young talent.

Examples: Big 3 for Bogut + filler

Big 3 for cousins + filler.

Bynum + filler.

And you might say NO big three are worth more than that! But number one they are all almost done. And number two, they aren't doing anything in Boston. Trading them individually could land more talent, but I think trying to get a big name young guy and prospects would be nice. Adding the Big 3 to almost any team makes them a contender. Even big 3 for Monroe + filler.
    Pistons would be a contender.

Cuz those guys are good. Take them off the Cs and the Cs are super trash except for Rondo and he's a pass first player.

I'd love to see it happen, like I said, to see the big 3 (who to me transcend the Celtics as a trio) stay together and see them pull a little bit more out of their ass before they retire. Nothing would be worse than watching them waste away on lottery teams.

-Smak

Package the big 3 to find a legitimate talent to pair up with Rajon. I get what u saying here brother.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I doubt Boozer is what Ainge has in mind when he thinks "young" player. The salaries are miles apart but Taj Gibson is more along the lines.
    I wouldn't trade Gibson for Garnett. How many years does he have left on those tired legs? Maybe 1?

I don't know, Garnett just doesn't seem right this year. The few C's games I have watched, he has been passive. Taj's energy off the bench is what fuels our second unit.

College superstar

Its really hard to trade grizzled vets for young talent as the salaries never match. I would be a little more fearful of Chicago with RayRay there but I don't know who Boston would take. Allen's deal is the only one with significant value. Garnett is making 21M and Pierce has 3/47 left. Who wants those contracts?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Ay, this is how I feel. Obviously as you guys know I live in a happy, fantasy land most of the time...

But it'd be cool if they could trade the Big Three all to the same team. And get back one somewhat stud and a few role players. Preferably a big. But maybe a wing and some prospects.

The NBA is full of teams that have pieces that don't quite fit, and adding the big 3 could make them a contender. And it'd be good for them to get another chance to compete.

Then the Cs could have a lottery year this year and rebuild around young talent.

Examples: Big 3 for Bogut + filler

Big 3 for cousins + filler.

Bynum + filler.

And you might say NO big three are worth more than that! But number one they are all almost done. And number two, they aren't doing anything in Boston. Trading them individually could land more talent, but I think trying to get a big name young guy and prospects would be nice. Adding the Big 3 to almost any team makes them a contender. Even big 3 for Monroe + filler.
    Pistons would be a contender.

Cuz those guys are good. Take them off the Cs and the Cs are super trash except for Rondo and he's a pass first player.

I'd love to see it happen, like I said, to see the big 3 (who to me transcend the Celtics as a trio) stay together and see them pull a little bit more out of their ass before they retire. Nothing would be worse than watching them waste away on lottery teams.

-Smak
    Who has 45M+ to take on in salary? No one. The answer is NO ONE.

Cousins is making 3.6M. You cannot trade 45M in salaries for 3.6M.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Bynum, Mayo, Gay to Boston
    Rondo and Allen to Lakers
    Pierce plus picks from Lakers to Memphis

Memphis have said Mayo is expendable, Pierce adds veteran leadership at 3.
    LA improves their PG position for the future and get a great shooter to play 2/3.
    Celts get 3 young players for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    Bynum, Mayo, Gay to Boston
    Rondo and Allen to Lakers
    Pierce plus picks from Lakers to Memphis

Memphis have said Mayo is expendable, Pierce adds veteran leadership at 3.
    LA improves their PG position for the future and get a great shooter to play 2/3.
    Celts get 3 young players for the future.
    How does LA trade their center for guards?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy87
    I wouldn't trade Gibson for Garnett. How many years does he have left on those tired legs? Maybe 1?

I don't know, Garnett just doesn't seem right this year. The few C's games I have watched, he has been passive. Taj's energy off the bench is what fuels our second unit.
    KG is a 21 mil expirer. That and vet leadership as a still above-average 4 is what he brings to the table. If (note the "if") Chi's management views the Boozer signing as a mistake they could try and package him with Gibson and that'd probably also get the money close. I doubt Ainge would want to take on Boozer while rebuilding though.

I will not lie and say that KG would make Chi significantly better but they would have a better defender for Bosh in a Heat series and he probably knows Thibs' D better than anyone currently on the Bull roster. Plus his jumpoer is one of the best you'll find on a 4, he'd compliment Rose well even if he's just a one-year rental. If Chi regrets Boozer or has someone else making $ they want to get rid of it's a solid deal. Put in Korver to make money match and this off-season have Rose recruit Dwight Howard. Howard, Rose, Noah and Deng could compete with Miami for years.

If KG is traded to Chi I'm hoping it's in overreaction to Noah's bad start, I'm pretty sure that the real Noah is the guy we saw last season, not this season. But the Bulls probably view Noah the same way I do.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

KG and O'Neal for Noah and filler
    Ray and Pierce for Gay and Mayo and filler

Gay gets "injured" and we tank for a top 5 pick.

Rondo
    Mayo
    Gay
    Noah

Sorted.

For the Sixers the only guy I'd want is Ray Allen. I don't know what his contract looks like offhand or what kind of young player Aimge expects to get back in return. But Ray as our starting SG would be sweet. No thanks/need on KG and Pierce.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    For the Sixers the only guy I'd want is Ray Allen. I don't know what his contract looks like offhand or what kind of young player Aimge expects to get back in return. But Ray as our starting SG would be sweet. No thanks/need on KG and Pierce.
    10 mill with 1 year left

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

ronnie brewer, korver + 1st round pick for ray

rose/cj
    rip/ray
    deng/butler
    booz/taj
    noah/asik

KG also has family in chicago and did stay with them during highschool so he is fond of chicago, plus thibs is here and we are contenders so the thought of kg coming to chicago isnt too far fetched

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    ronnie brewer, korver + 1st round pick for ray

rose/cj
    rip/ray
    deng/butler
    booz/taj
    noah/asik

TOO.....MUCH....POWER

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Let the useless trade ideas commence.

Edit: Link to story.
    I can't blame him. I sense that one or more of the big three will be gone before the trade deadline.