Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ainge would be willing to trade any and all of the "Big 3" for young players.

A guy will trade aging veterans for better younger players if offered! Now I've heard everything.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Ainge would be willing to trade any and all of the "Big 3" for young players.

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    Do you think we can trade for Rudy Gay? I really like this guy, probably the best SF behind PP, Anthony and LBJ in the league. I like Ariza too. How about Okafor+Ariza for KG?
    Why would Hornets give up 2 relatively young players for old ass KG. No teams aside from contenders would want him.

Banned

Ray Allen to the Bulls makes sense. What can the Bulls offer to get this done?

Hey wait have we used our amnesty clause yet?

I'm glad Ainge thinks this way. Those running the teams cant get sentimental about palyers. They need to be forward-looking.

That said, I dont think that trades are eminent. The trade deadline is a more likely time if it happens.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Why would Hornets give up 2 relatively young players for old ass KG. No teams aside from contenders would want him.
    His contract is expiring. But I wouldn't make any deals with NO until after the league sells them. Look what happened to LA with Odom.

Banned

Ray Allen (add Wilcox to match the salary cap) to Utah for Jefferson

Utah gets a scorer in the backcourt. Boston gets an automatic low-post scorer.

Utah rotation
    C: Favors, Kanter, Wilcox
    PF: Millsap, Favors2, Evans
    SF: Hayward, Howard, Miles
    SG: Allen, Bell, Burks, Miles2
    PG: Harris, Watson, Tinsley
    Last edited by DMV2; 01-19-2012 at 09:38 AM.

I don't mind seeing KG and Ray leaving the Celtics as long as they will be traded to a top-tier teams this season (Thunder, Bulls heck and even Lakers) at least they will have a higher chance of winning a championship again and KG's last year won't be just a 1st or 2nd round exit.

i thought rondo took over kg as part of the big 3, so he is willing to trade rondo?

It'll be sad to see anybody go, especially Pierce... Mixed emotions. But Ainge has to do it... I'm not eager, we'll see.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    u take everything dead seriously?
    Be cool man. If you were Celtics fan you'd be taking things pretty serious right now too.

MY BOSS IS A ***** Marquis Daniels's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    Hey wait have we used our amnesty clause yet?

The deadline for amnesty clause has past sometime ago IIRC. We can't use that already until next season if I'm not wrong.

Ay, this is how I feel. Obviously as you guys know I live in a happy, fantasy land most of the time...

But it'd be cool if they could trade the Big Three all to the same team. And get back one somewhat stud and a few role players. Preferably a big. But maybe a wing and some prospects.

The NBA is full of teams that have pieces that don't quite fit, and adding the big 3 could make them a contender. And it'd be good for them to get another chance to compete.

Then the Cs could have a lottery year this year and rebuild around young talent.

Examples: Big 3 for Bogut + filler

Big 3 for cousins + filler.

Bynum + filler.

And you might say NO big three are worth more than that! But number one they are all almost done. And number two, they aren't doing anything in Boston. Trading them individually could land more talent, but I think trying to get a big name young guy and prospects would be nice. Adding the Big 3 to almost any team makes them a contender. Even big 3 for Monroe + filler.
    Pistons would be a contender.

Cuz those guys are good. Take them off the Cs and the Cs are super trash except for Rondo and he's a pass first player.

I'd love to see it happen, like I said, to see the big 3 (who to me transcend the Celtics as a trio) stay together and see them pull a little bit more out of their ass before they retire. Nothing would be worse than watching them waste away on lottery teams.

-Smak

Ronnie brewer, Kyle Korver, and a future first for Ray Allen???

Brewer/Korver expire next year too.

KG for Hibbert & West?

Pacers kinda get raped but what the hell, Hibbert is probably gone after this season anyway...hopfully not though