Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Real talk, why does Shaq hate Dwight Howard so much?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Shaq came up in a legendary time of centers...the golden age of centers when competition was at its greatest and he held his own and was dominant. Now he sees Dwight Howard in the weakest big man era of all-time getting props as the best big man in the league and he's there by default because his competition is so weak. I think it must sicken Shaq to sit back and watch Howard be called the best center in the NBA and this guy can't even put up numbers better than Shaq's rookie season ...and he doesn't have to battle centers like Olajuwon, Robinson, Mourning, Ewing, Smits, Mutombo, etc. I can understand why Shaq wouldn't respect the guy.

Tim duncan > Ewing...Yao ming> Rick Smits....Shaq> robinson....Kevin Garnett> ZO....Ben Wallace>Mutumbo...Dream>>>>

D12 has faced better Bigs then anyone in the early / mid 90's...(outside of Dream....except mid 2000 Shaq))

calling that era the legendary is a joke....and shows your knowlege of the sport = 0

next

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    i know exactly who you talkin bout
    And in Howard's case, he seems like he tries way too hard to be part of that "lovable big man athlete" group as in guys like Shaq, Barkley, Strahan, Sapp, etc. Part of the reason Shaq probably likes Bynum so much is cause despite the fact that he's a big talented center in LA and has pretty much been Shaq's Laker successor, he doesn't really try hard to be like him.

Serious playground baller Extempo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Same reason Barkley hates Kobe so much. Jealousy.
    This.

As I watch them on TNT, I have realized that Barkley and Shaq are very, very similar. Two washed-up players who didn't maximize their talents because they were fat and lazy, so they feel the need to hate on two of the top players in the league right now. Not just envy, there is a lot of insecurity there. You can see Barkley's demeanor change completely when Kobe is mentioned. Same with Shaq, when Howard is mentioned. It is written all over their faces. Barkley is the same idiot who said Kobe's days of scoring 30/40 points are over, and that was 2 years ago. How embarrassing is THAT? It's a huuuge compliment for Kobe and Dwight that so-called HOFers are so insecure about them.

to me its a combination of simularities and somewhat jealously. Obviously, D12's nick name and dunks were basically Shaq's when he was young and i just think Shaq doesnt like that fact that Dwight was able to be the best center in the league in just 3 or 4 years without much competition when Shaq had to went up against Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, and Mourning to take the thrown.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Obviously none of You are territorial or know th feeling of someone tkaing ur job

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Dwight Howard seems like that guy in a group of friends that always tries to be like everyone else in the group by copying off their jokes, using their slang, copying their manners, etc. Thats probably why Shaq hates him. And if you know a guy like that, you would understand why someone would hate that person.
    ture.

I can see why Shaq doesn't like D.Howard.

Everything what Dwight is unoriginal

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Tim duncan > Ewing...Yao ming> Rick Smits....Shaq> robinson....Kevin Garnett> ZO....Ben Wallace>Mutumbo...Dream>>>>

D12 has faced better Bigs then anyone in the early / mid 90's...(outside of Dream....except mid 2000 Shaq))

calling that era the legendary is a joke....and shows your knowlege of the sport = 0

next

Cmon Kobe groupie, you can do better than that. I don't go for the trolling bit. Expand on your points and try not to say anything as stupid as your last post. Otherwise, go back to sucking off #24.
    Last edited by hitmanyr2k; 01-17-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Dwight ripped his schtick

Cmon Kobe groupie, you can do better than that. I don't go for the trolling bit. Expand on your points and try not to say anything as stupid as your last post. Otherwise, go back to sucking off #24.
    expand my points?....Tim Duncan is a much better player then Ewing because he can play a much better stretched out defensive Game then Ewing...he is a better passer then Ewing...and he brings more entangibles and a better leadership that translates to Winning.

Yao Ming is better the Smits because Yao is a much greater threat inside the post creating much greater oppurtunites for shooters...and Yao's ability to blend an top shelf Post up game with the ability to read the double team and find an open shooter makes him better then Smits...who's post up game was decent...but no where near Yao's.

Kevin Garnett is better then Zo because he is just as good as a defender inside the post....but can easily step out and guard the perimeter...KG's ability to score from midrange is also better then Zo's....to go along with a excellent post game.

both players played with a great amount of desire...but Zo's injurys and KG's ability to keep playing top shelf ball late in his career makes a easy choice as a better player.

Shaq is a better player then Robinson because Shaq's strength can easily make up for Robinson's better allaround game..Robinson was a much better allaround player then Shaq....but Shaq's dominace inside with brute strength was a much better weapon then DROB's ability off the high post.

Ben Wallace and Mutumbo are close...but I would give the edge to Ben....his presence impacts his team on a greater levekl then Mutumbo IMO and actually was a major impact on championship team.

obviously Hakeem is a top shelf center in any era....

but you spouting nonsense about the 90's bigs bieng legendary or better then today's Big men is silly...

shows your basketball illiteracy.....everyone knows those players I mentioned are better then the players you stated in the 90's..

now scram before I make you my B!@tchh

next

Complete Player

expand my points?....Tim Duncan is a much better player then Ewing because he can play a much better stretched out defensive Game then Ewing...he is a better passer then Ewing...and he brings more entangibles and a better leadership that translates to Winning.
    Tim Duncan is not a MUCH better player than Ewing lol. Certainly not the Duncan of the last 3 seasons who's been declining and well past his prime.

Yao Ming is better the Smits because Yao is a much greater threat inside the post creating much greater oppurtunites for shooters...and Yao's ability to blend an top shelf Post up game with the ability to read the double team and find an open shooter makes him better then Smits...who's post up game was decent...but no where near Yao's.
    Yao Ming hasn't played a relevant season in 3 years and even when he was playing he was constantly hurt. Of course you're too stupid to figure that out.

Kevin Garnett is better then Zo because he is just as good as a defender inside the post....but can easily step out and guard the perimeter...KG's ability to score from midrange is also better then Zo's....to go along with a excellent post game

both players played with a great amount of desire...but Zo's injurys and KG's ability to keep playing top shelf ball late in his career makes a easy choice as a better player.
    Kevin Garnett is a power forward and would get destroyed by Shaq, but then again, you're too stupid to figure that out. Just because Dwight Howard can be guarded by an old KG doesn't mean Shaq could. And I really don't give a damn if Garnett can guard the perimeter. That's not the job of a center. Shaq wouldn't be shooting shots out there lol.

Shaq is a better player then Robinson because Shaq's strength can easily make up for Robinson's better allaround game..Robinson was a much better allaround player then Shaq....but Shaq's dominace inside with brute strength was a much better weapon then DROB's ability off the high post.
    No shit That's the whole point dumbass. Shaq faced better competition (and in their primes) that Dwight Howard didn't. There's no one the level of David Robinson, Olajuwon, Ewing, Smits, Mourning playing TODAY or even in the last 2-3 seasons lol.

Ben Wallace and Mutumbo are close...but I would give the edge to Ben....his presence impacts his team on a greater levekl then Mutumbo IMO and actually was a major impact on championship team.
    Ben Wallace hasn't been relevant in God knows how long. And he sure as hell wasn't the same Ben Wallace when Dwight Howard started getting mentioned as the best big man in the league.

obviously Hakeem is a top shelf center in any era....

but you spouting nonsense about the 90's bigs bieng legendary or better then today's Big men is silly...

shows your basketball illiteracy.....everyone knows those players I mentioned are better then the players you stated in the 90's.

next
    You get dumber by the second. So in a nutshell, you're mentioning a bunch of players past their prime or haven't been relevant in 2-3 seasons as Dwight Howard's competition and yet Howard still can't manage to average anything past Shaq's rookie numbers. Meanwhile, Shaq faced some of the best centers of all-time and still put up numbers that Howard could only dream of. And even though 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year Shaq put up numbers Howard could only dream of he still wasn't mentioned as the best center in the league because he had to contend with other greats (unlike Dwight). Put a 2nd or 3rd year Shaq in this weak ass era right now where there's no PRIME (bolded for your dumbass) Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, Mourning etc, and he's dominating the hell out of this league and being called the best center in the NBA without a doubt.

Dwight Howard's best big man status is being questioned with Bynum for chrissake. That says it all. Shaq's status in this shitbag era would NEVER be questioned Hell, prime Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, and even Mourning would have claim to the best big man title the last 2-3 seasons in this crap era. Now dig deep and come back with something better or go back to doing what you do best which is sucking off #24.

Banned

that's why shaq is great as a commentator. he's totally objective.

Tim Duncan is not a MUCH better player than Ewing lol. Certainly not the Duncan of the last 3 seasons who's been declining and well past his prime.

Yao Ming hasn't played a relevant season in 3 years and even when he was playing he was constantly hurt. Of course you're too stupid to figure that out.

Kevin Garnett is a power forward and would get destroyed by Shaq, but then again, you're too stupid to figure that out. Just because Dwight Howard can be guarded by an old KG doesn't mean Shaq could. And I really don't give a damn if Garnett can guard the perimeter. That's not the job of a center. Shaq wouldn't be shooting shots out there lol.

No shit That's the whole point dumbass. Shaq faced better competition (and in their primes) that Dwight Howard didn't. There's no one the level of David Robinson, Olajuwon, Ewing, Smits, Mourning playing TODAY or even in the last 2-3 seasons lol.

Ben Wallace hasn't been relevant in God knows how long. And he sure as hell wasn't the same Ben Wallace when Dwight Howard started getting mentioned as the best big man in the league.

You get dumber by the second. So in a nutshell, you're mentioning a bunch of players past their prime or haven't been relevant in 2-3 seasons as Dwight Howard's competition and yet Howard still can't manage to average anything past Shaq's rookie numbers. Meanwhile, Shaq faced some of the best centers of all-time and still put up numbers that Howard could only dream of. And even though 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year Shaq put up numbers Howard could only dream of he still wasn't mentioned as the best center in the league because he had to contend with other greats (unlike Dwight). Put a 2nd or 3rd year Shaq in this weak ass era right now where there's no PRIME (bolded for your dumbass) Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, Mourning etc, and he's dominating the hell out of this league and being called the best center in the NBA without a doubt.

Dwight Howard's best big man status is being questioned with Bynum for chrissake. That says it all. Shaq's status in this shitbag era would NEVER be questioned Hell, prime Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, and even Mourning would have claim to the best big man title the last 2-3 seasons in this crap era. Now dig deep and come back with something better or go back to doing what you do best which is sucking off #24.
    Murked that nutg*gger with ease. Good post my dude.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Same reason Barkley hates Kobe so much. Jealousy.
    That doesn't add up.

How can a 3-time Finals MVP, 4-time champion be jealous of a guy who hasn't even reach half of the things Shaq has accomplished?

hitmanyr2k- Tim Duncan is not a MUCH better player than Ewing lol. Certainly not the Duncan of the last 3 seasons who's been declining and well past his prime.
    Tim Duncan was a much better player then Ewing...and I'm talking about Great Players that Howard has faced...Howard has had to compete against Duncan , Ming , KG , Shaq and Wallace all during thier [rime years.

and how exactly was Smits more relevant...
    Yao still was a much better player the Smits...and acomplished more in his career then Smits....despite playing 4 less seasons.

Kevin Garnett is a 7' who is so versatile he can play multiple spots...and it does help greatly if your Big Man can step out to guard more of the court..

shaq wouldn't shoot past 5' from the hoop because he can't....his game soley consists of 5' away from the hoop...

dang ....i already listed the players that D12 faced in thier primes who are better then the 90's Big men..

KG in his prime>Mourning in his ....Shaq in his prime>Ewing in his...Ming in his prime>Smits in his...Wallace in his Prime>Mutumbo in his..these are the great Centers Howard has had to compete against..all of them are better then the 90's version.

Shaq wasn't even an all NBA Player till 1998...Hakeem and Robinson were def not the same either

Dwight Howard's best big man status is being questioned with Bynum for chrissake. That says it all. Shaq's status in this shitbag era would NEVER be questioned Hell, prime Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, and even Mourning would have claim to the best big man title the last 2-3 seasons in this crap era. Now dig deep and come back with something better or go back to doing what you do best which is sucking off #24
    once again...Shaq wasn't even viewed as the best Big until around 1998....and it only lasted 5 years....you claim it's because of his competion bieng so vastly better then Howards..

that is a bunch of B.S.....Howard as i have shown has better bigs to compete against then anyone in the early - late 90's....

Rick Smits and Ewing...

next

Complete Player

Shaq wasn't even an all NBA Player till 1998...Hakeem and Robinson were def not the same either
    Shaq was an All-NBA player but not 1st team. And you just made my point for me For ****'s sake let me spell it out even further for you because you clearly don't get the point about who had to go up against better competition. If this doesn't spell it out for you nothing will.

2nd year Shaq in 93-'94 put up these numbers - 29.3 ppg (60%) shooting, 13.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.9 blocks. In Shaq's era this was good enough for All-NBA third team

7th year Dwight Howard in 2011 (his best season ever) put up these numbers 22.9 ppg (59%) shooting, 14.1 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 2.4 blocks. In today's era this is considered the best big man in the league and MVP candidate

Now switch the places of 2nd year Shaq with 7th year Dwight Howard. If Dwight Howard is playing in the 90's he'd be lucky to even make an All-NBA team instead of getting hyped as the "best big man in the league". Oh yeah, and scratch the DPOY awards as well because Howard isn't beating Olajuwon's 4 block average along with nearly 2 steals a game.

Now put 2nd year Shaq in Dwight's era the last 3 seasons where there's no Prime David Robinson, no Prime Hakeem Olajuwon, no Ewing, etc. Shaq would CLEARLY be the best big man in the NBA, a perennial All-NBA first teamer, and most likely has a couple of MVPs. I think he even beats out Derrick Rose last year with those insane numbers.

Can you see the difference?