Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Why do people believe Kyrie Irving is the next Chris Paul or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I prefer Josh Selby.

Default Re: Why do people believe Kyrie Irving is the next Chris Paul or something?

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    this thread is completely stupid. if he were compared to Rose or Williams i'd say "woah woah slow down". But CP averages 15/9 last time I saw. Irving's also more of a winner I wouldnt be surprise if he wins the NCAA title

CP3 is bad now because he averages 15/9?

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

CP3 is bad now because he averages 15/9?
    Hahah its funny how many people underrate CP3 because hes averaging 15/9..

I think Kyrie Irving is the next SOLID PG, but I don't think he'll be Chris Paul level. I think he'll be more Tony Parker. Which isn't bad at all.

He is more of a 6'2 Mike Conley Jr if you ask me.

Not an elite play-maker like CP3 Or Isiah.

I dont even know why the Cavs want to go after him, they already have Ramon and Boobie, they need a player like Perry Jones who has superstar potential and is a player you will want to build a team around

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    He is more of a 6'2 Mike Conley Jr if you ask me.

Not an elite play-maker like CP3 Or Isiah.

I dont even know why the Cavs want to go after him, they already have Ramon and Boobie, they need a player like Perry Jones who has superstar potential and is a player you will want to build a team around
    Terrence Jones for me brah

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Terrence Jones for me brah
    ROFL

Good Luck with that.

Perry Jones is 6'11 T-Mac in the making while Terrence will turn out to be Lamar Odom

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    ROFL

Good Luck with that.

Perry Jones is 6'11 T-Mac in the making while Terrence will turn out to be Lamar Odom
    we can get both

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    we can get both
    true that

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Does anyone out here know basketball?

Tell me why this guy is the next Chris Paul because I don't see it...
    I assume this is directed toward me, since I am the main proponent for the Cavaliers taking Irving in the draft. I like his overall game and his defense is far ahead of almost any point guard I have seen at his age. Unlike the other top prospects, I don't see any real weaknesses in his game and I do think that, if he continues to work and improve, we could be looking at an all-star caliber player... Something this draft seems to be lacking (surefire stars).

Is it automatic and without question that he will be the best player in the draft? Of course not. Do I believe that he is the player most likely to become a perennial all-star in this draft? Yes.

Let's face it, PB... Your pre-draft critiques haven't exactly been full-proof over the years. You were pretty much adamant that Durant was going to be nothing special.

While John Wall is a work in progress, I think he has already exceeded the absolute bust status that you had penned for him.

I trust my ability to evaluate players and Irving is solid.

My ideal situation would be us getting Irving and either Perry Jones or Terrence Jones. If we get one of those two combinations, it will be an exceptional draft in my eyes. However, the Clipps are going to have to start losing a little more frequently to make it happen.

PG: Ivring/Sessions
    SG: Eyenga/Harris
    SF: Perry Jones or Terrance Jones
    PF: JJ Hickson/Luke Harangody
    C: Anderson Varejao/Semih Erden

...that is a nice young group of players. Maybe Eyenga could make a transition to the 2 spot. If so, that is a lot of talent with a very high ceiling if things gell well. Also, although this lineup lacks shooting, we'll have Gibson to plug in when we need that floor spacing... And maybe AP if he is back (which I doubt).

JJ has looked pretty good at the center spot this year... He and Varejao could be pretty interchangeable at the 4/5 spots.... And Harangody/Erden each have a good amount of upside, from what I've been reading. I'm anxious to see what they have when they finally take the court in Cleveland.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 02-27-2011 at 02:43 AM.

owwwww

interasting.

i think terry porter will be the player he most resembles, a really solid, all-around floor general, who lacks elite passing/playmakng instincts. a little less jump shooter and a little more attacing the rim though.

also perry jones is not a perimeter player, hes a big man.
    Last edited by chips93; 11-10-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    interasting.
    He has more explosive and length than I expected, and frankly, displayed at the college level. I think the guy grew over the past year.

But he's definitely more of a scorer than playmaker, though. But when you shoot as well as this hit does, go with it. I see a lot of Kevin Johnson in his game, IMO.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i think terry porter will be the player he most resembles, a really solid, all-around floor general, who lacks elite passing/playmakng instincts. a little less jump shooter and a little more attacing the rim though.

also perry jones is not a perimeter player, hes a big man.
    Eric Bledsoe>Kyrie Irving .

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Eric Bledsoe>Kyrie Irving .
    yeah . . . in a dunk contest . . .

irving dribled through cp3's legs bro! hes destined for greatness has bledsoe ever dribbled through cp3's legs? i dont think so! therefore irving > bledsoe

srsly tho, irving looked healthy and confident, good signs.

hopefully our bet actually happens