Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Will the Seattle Supersonics ever come back?

I hope so. It sickens me thinking Durant was a Sonic for a year and could of been the greatest in team history.Happy for Oklahoma City though.

Banned

Default Re: Will the Seattle Supersonics ever come back?

Probably not for another 10-20 years.

I hope raptors get moved to seattle and renamed.

I hope so.

Banned

Seattle fans have nothing to be sad about. OKC is doing very well. At least the team they root for is doing well.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by 9erEmpire
    Seattle fans have nothing to be sad about. OKC is doing very well. At least the team they root for is doing well.
    Except they are in a different city now... Nothing to be sad about? Are you ****ing retarded?

Until Durant gets traded or retires I consider them the Sonics. Until OKC has no original members they are not the Thunder to me. Basically anything they win with Durant is for the city of Seattle.

Banned

Do you mean will the Thunder ever go back to Seattle, or will Seattle ever have another Sonics franchise again? If the latter, how would that work? Would they take all of the Thunder's history back... since OKC holds onto all of the Sonics history currently? If Seattle got a new Sonics team, I don't know how it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Until Durant gets traded or retires I consider them the Sonics. Until OKC has no original members they are not the Thunder to me. Basically anything they win with Durant is for the city of Seattle.
    I disagree. Thank God I'm not a Sonic Fan. I'd be so mad watching the Thunder crowd going nuts after watching a player (That the franchise drafted to be their savior) drain a game winning three against the defending champions.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Do you mean will the Thunder ever go back to Seattle, or will Seattle ever have another Sonics franchise again? If the latter, how would that work? Would they take all of the Thunder's history back... since OKC holds onto all of the Sonics history currently? If Seattle got a new Sonics team, I don't know how it would work.
    no what I mean is will they get a new owner and start a new franchise with the same name and history. Like the Cleveland Browns did after they moved to Baltimore to be the Ravens then came back as the Browns.

Banned

Seattle is doing just fine with the Thunder.

Thunder is a very good team...I don't think they are as mad as you think. Winning cures everything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    no what I mean is will they get a new owner and start a new franchise with the same name and history. Like the Cleveland Browns did after they moved to Baltimore to be the Ravens then came back as the Browns.
    Well, if that's the case, I doubt it. I don't know how that would work with OKC using the Sonics history and previous accomplishments. I find it hard to believe that the Thunder would just be like "here you go" and hand the Sonics back their records/achievements.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    If that makes you feel better when you wake up in the morning...

Clay Bennett hired Sam Presti who drafted Kevin Durant, so he was drafted by the organization that eventually became the Thunder and who are completely responsible for it's present success. There are no guarantees the franchise would be this good if it were still the Sonics. I know it stings, but it's the truth. Sorry Seattle.
    Last edited by Thunderstruck; 01-17-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    I disagree. Thank God I'm not a Sonic Fan. I'd be so mad watching the Thunder crowd going nuts after watching a player (That the franchise drafted to be their savior) drain a game winning three against the defending champions.
    It's a tough loss and the relocation of the Sonics had terrible timing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    If that makes you feel better when you wake up in the morning.

Clay Bennett hired Sam Presti who drafted Kevin Durant, so he was drafted by the franchise that would eventually become the Thunder and is completely responsible it's success. I know it stings, but it's the truth. Sorry Seattle.
    Spoken like a true fan. Big ups. Now I wish Seattle fans would stop whining and support their team.