Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Default Bill Laimbeer: Lebron would be the best in my era

Default Re: Bill Laimbeer: Lebron would be the best in my era

holy sh!t

Dunno about best.

But him and MJ would have had some dogfights for the MVP in their peaks.

Would have loved to be able to watch that.

College superstar

Flop game recognizes flop game.

NBA Superstar

I've heard LeBron catch flak when referencing how he'd perform in the 80's; folks saying he'd be crying and flopping all about. I beg to differ in this hypothetical regard. I believe James flops today because the game allows it, to an extent. He's doing what he can get away with and what will benefit himself and his team. I do not care for that aspect of his game, but I also do not believe flopping has a direct correlation to one's toughness. Instead, I believe it just affects one's appearance of toughness.

If James were magically transported back to the 1980's, I have zero doubts he'd adjust his game accordingly, and many, many aspects would be in his favor. Once he realized flopping didn't work well (though Laimbeer himself partook in flopping from time to time), James would buckle up and deliver some hurt of his own because, as referenced, he's a freaking tank/freight train/whatever metaphor we want to use for a giant, fast, incredibly skilled basketball player.

Of all the current guys ever talked about how they'd fair in other eras, I'd have the least worry about James.

Probably isn't a definite answer..

Anyway I've been saying he'll go down as a top 3-5 player when its all said and done. There was nobody like him far as his athleticism goes...

Good college starter

Of course he'd be one of the top players in any era. Jordan mythologists have been carrying on with their propaganda for decades that no one from this era could compete in his era. Watch them try and twist Bill's words from this video as well.

Decent playground baller

He's kissing ass in that video, said Lebron is the toughest mentally as well

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I've heard LeBron catch flak when referencing how he'd perform in the 80's; folks saying he'd be crying and flopping all about. I beg to differ in this hypothetical regard. I believe James flops today because the game allows it, to an extent. He's doing what he can get away with and what will benefit himself and his team. I do not care for that aspect of his game, but I also do not believe flopping has a direct correlation to one's toughness. Instead, I believe it just affects one's appearance of toughness.

If James were magically transported back to the 1980's, I have zero doubts he'd adjust his game accordingly, and many, many aspects would be in his favor. Once he realized flopping didn't work well (though Laimbeer himself partook in flopping from time to time), James would buckle up and deliver some hurt of his own because, as referenced, he's a freaking tank/freight train/whatever metaphor we want to use for a giant, fast, incredibly skilled basketball player.

Of all the current guys ever talked about how they'd fair in other eras, I'd have the least worry about James.
    I agree. I think modern day players playing in the 80s would adjust to that game. If he were growing up in the 80s, he would be playing a much more physical game and would be used to it. Same w/ Kobe/Durant but LeBron has that extra muscle to take those hits.

Laimbeer completly shattering Jordan mythologists who use him in every single argument aimed at LeBron's supposed lack of toughness

Local High School Star

you rarely hear someone bringing lebrons great post up game, goat shooting, all time great defense. it s always 6 8 260. why? because 6 8 260.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola_
    you rarely hear someone bringing lebrons great post up game, goat shooting, all time great defense. it s always 6 8 260. why? because 6 8 260.
    Becuase his post game, though improved compared to the past, is not his best skilset. His size/speed/strength and ability to finish at the rim is what has won him 2 FMVPs.

Banned

LeBron isnt even a flopper. he tries it very rarely and when he does he looks so stupid at it that he never gets the call. most of the time hes fouled without calls, especially when he converts a layup.
    Lebron in an era without real zone defense and with handchecking??
    might as well shut down the league

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Anyway I've been saying he'll go down as a top 3-5 player when its all said and done. There was nobody like him far as his athleticism goes...
    James may very well go down as top 5 all-time. But it's not true that there has been nobody like him athletically. How were Jordan or Dr J less athletic? If you mean because of size, then there's Shawn Kemp, David Robinson, Hakeem, young Shaq and most of all, Wilt.