Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Prime Amare Stoudemire VS Current Blake Griffin?

Prime Amare (6th in MVP shares that year) put up
    2007-2008
    25.2 ppg, 9.1 rpg, .8 spg, 2.1 bpg on 59% and 81% (and played 79 games)

and in the playoffs the year before (lost to the Spurs) he put up:
    25.3 ppg, 12.1 rpg, 1.3 spg, 1.9 bpg on 52% and 77%

To be honest Blake doesn't really even come close to touching that yet. Amare was only a bad defender compared to KG and Duncan. He was a pretty decent defender. He was mad athletic and disrupted even stuff to be at least considered above average honestly. His weakness was understanding defensive schemes. Wasn't an anchor but his man to man defense was pretty damn solid.

Tim Duncan vs. him was a pretty close matchup. A 2006 Tim Duncan vs. Blake Griffin would be more of a mismatch imo.

Amare's biggest weapon was his ability to shoot that midrange shot. He was absolute money from there. It allowed his athleticism to be on display in the halfcourt. Blake still mostly just scores athletically in transition. In the playoffs a halfcourt 25 ppg scorer >>> a transition 25 ppg scorer. I guess we'll see though. If Blake can outplay say Lemarcus Aldridge then he has gone a long way to sway my opinion.

Pretty much that ^^^

He had a great mid range shot that always went in and good ft shooter. People also forget but he was an incredible finisher, even after contact he would manage to get the ball in the rim. Blake gets to line alot but his ft shooting isnt anything to write home about, and while his mid rnage shot is improving its nowhere near as solid as amares was

Amar'e used to drop 39 and 10 against PRIME DUNCAN in the playoffs!!! That's what he averaged for an entire playoff series!

Guy used to be really really really good

I wanna see how Blake do in the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Prime Amare (6th in MVP shares that year) put up
    2007-2008
    25.2 ppg, 9.1 rpg, .8 spg, 2.1 bpg on 59% and 81% (and played 79 games)

and in the playoffs the year before (lost to the Spurs) he put up:
    25.3 ppg, 12.1 rpg, 1.3 spg, 1.9 bpg on 52% and 77%

To be honest Blake doesn't really even come close to touching that yet. Amare was only a bad defender compared to KG and Duncan. He was a pretty decent defender. He was mad athletic and disrupted even stuff to be at least considered above average honestly. His weakness was understanding defensive schemes. Wasn't an anchor but his man to man defense was pretty damn solid.

Tim Duncan vs. him was a pretty close matchup. A 2006 Tim Duncan vs. Blake Griffin would be more of a mismatch imo.

Amare's biggest weapon was his ability to shoot that midrange shot. He was absolute money from there. It allowed his athleticism to be on display in the halfcourt. Blake still mostly just scores athletically in transition. In the playoffs a halfcourt 25 ppg scorer >>> a transition 25 ppg scorer. I guess we'll see though. If Blake can outplay say Lemarcus Aldridge then he has gone a long way to sway my opinion.
    The Suns and their offense make anybody loom good

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    The Suns and their offense make anybody loom good
    Cop out response. Prime Amare at that time would of been stat dominant on any team in the league.

Prime Amare was amazing

As of right now I'd take prime Stat. But barring any injuries or apathy, Blake will probably surpass him in a couple years.

Injuries

Prime Amare over current Blake. We have yet to see Blake's peak, though.

NEW ORLEANS — There are still moments — a few possessions at a time, maybe even a few games at a time — when you can suspend your disbelief for a little while, you can watch Amar’e Stoudemire play basketball, and you can do so without the baggage he carries like a millstone around his neck.
    There are still moments when Stoudemire evades his man on the low block when he can still elevate in an eyeblink, before the help can reach him. There are still moments when, thanks to that, a defender leaves him open for an extra half-step, and Stoudemire all but shrugs his shoulders and buries the 17-footer.
    There are even moments, if things are timed just right, when he can rise in traffic for a rebound, when he can greet a penetrating guard with an outstretched shot-blocking arm, when he runs the floor without effort or worry or concern. And in those moments, it can still be a treat to watch.
    But there are other moments …
    Like the uncertainty that creeps into his game so often, clearly unsure if he can shake off a defender. Like the moment Tuesday night in Memphis when, after hitting a couple of jumpers he eschewed a third, tried to take it to the basket, and clumsily ran into the teeth of the Grizzlies defense, where about three different players could have take the charge.
    And sometimes — this, truly, is the most heartbreaking of all those moments — he can be both iterations at the same time. Against the Grizzlies, early in the fourth quarter with the Knicks down two, there was a loose ball in a corner and Stoudemire outhustled everyone to track it down, he noted a clear path along the baseline, nothing impeding him to the basket …
    He should have dunked.
    If he could have dunked.
    But by then, the soreness that kept him out of Wednesday night’s game with the Pelicans had clearly started to creep into his knee, and so instead of ending the play the way he has ended thousands of them before, he tried a layup, and he missed the layup, and soon he was on the bench, and soon after the game he was sitting in a corner of the locker with what looked like vacuum tubes attached to both knees.
    Hello, darkness, my old friend.
    “I’m OK,” Stoudemire said before he departed the arena in Memphis, and in his case “OK” is most definitely a relative term. The Knicks are in the midst of four games in five nights, and it was almost certain Stoudemire wouldn’t play in all four simply out of precaution. Too many pregames these past three years have included diagnoses of Stoudemire out for a few games, out for a few weeks, out for a few months. One game in the middle of a rapidly evaporating season won’t make a ripple.
    Except in the big picture. Except if you remember what Stoudemire was in those first few months as a Knick, when he played with abandon, often for 40 and 42 minutes a night, when by himself he helped carry the Knicks back to relevance. It explains why the Garden remains Amar’e country even in the most frustrating times.
    It’s why James Dolan, the Knicks owner who committed five years and $100 million to Stoudemire, remains hopeful someday, somehow, Amar’e can steal a few more months out of his youth, and why he flatly rejects the notion he would take a mulligan on that contract if he could.
    “I still have hope,” Dolan said in November. “You cannot ask for a guy to be more dedicated, more disciplined, than Amar’e. He does his rehab, he does his workouts, he does everything, he’s on it every day, and that’s worth a lot, too. If there’s justice in this world, his knee will heal up to the point where he can play more minutes and make the contribution he wants to make.”
    Ah, but there is rarely justice of that sort, not in a demanding sport, and so Wednesday night there was Stoudemire in his civvies again, one more time with his name next to a stat line that would say “DNP-Did Not Dress.”
    http://nypost.com/2014/02/19/amare-s...-inconsistent/

Amare because were comparing prime vs someone who I believe hasn't reached his. I'd bet money that Griffin will end up being considered a much better player than Amare when it's all said and done.

Injuries are a bitch.

I'd take prime Brand over prime Amare without much question. I'd be hesitant on taking prime Brand over prime Blake.

wow. This thread really highlights how irrelevant Amare has become ever since he turned 29, or ever since he became a Knick, rather.

Dude was a beast with the Suns, or maybe he was just a product of Steve Nash, like how D'Antoni was a product of Nash.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

prime amare, what a beast he was posterizing every1 and has a pick and pop game also

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    wow. This thread really highlights how irrelevant Amare has become ever since he turned 29, or ever since he became a Knick, rather.

Dude was a beast with the Suns, or maybe he was just a product of Steve Nash, like how D'Antoni was a product of Nash.
    he was beasting in ny before melo came, was an early mvp candidate that year

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    he was beasting in ny before melo came, was an early mvp candidate that year
    Knicks honestly ****ed up by trading gallinari, fields, etc for melo. That team would've been a very solid playoff team tbh.