Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: Thoughts of Seattle stealing a team?

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    He's a LeBron stan who doesn't even know whether to call himself a Heat fan or not. Either way, completely fairweather. Limited basketball knowledge.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=238892

How is Seattle stealing a team?

Local High School Star

It feels pretty horrible that we have to take a team away to have our own but like others have pointed out at least the owners arent trying to snake their way around as OKC owners did, the buyers are honest about moving the team back to seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    It feels pretty horrible that we have to take a team away to have our own but like others have pointed out at least the owners arent trying to snake their way around as OKC owners did, the buyers are honest about moving the team back to seattle
    It hasn't happened yet.. the more this drags on the more likely it is to stay put

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    It hasn't happened yet.. the more this drags on the more likely it is to stay put
    what the heck is goin on lol i feel like i dont know shit about this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I've heard that Sonic fans are very torn about this. They want a team in the city, but they really want an expansion team. My brother (who is primarily a Blazer fan, but wants the Sonics back since he lives near Seattle), also said that they would rather take the Hornets from New Orleans since they have less history with the Hornets than Sacramento has with the Kings.
    Expansion teams = bad. Look no further than the Charlotte Bobcats.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    what the heck is goin on lol i feel like i dont know shit about this situation
    All I know is the Maloofs are a bunch of ****ing idiots. Apparently the deal is being held up because the Maloofs are trying to get it written to the contract that they have a say in what goes on with the team AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY SOLD IT! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

Not really stealing a team, the city deserves a team.

Banned

All I know is the Maloofs are a bunch of ****ing idiots. Apparently the deal is being held up because the Maloofs are trying to get it written to the contract that they have a say in what goes on with the team AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY SOLD IT! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
    Maloofs are better owners than anyone in Seattle. Without the debacle we wouldn't even be talking about Seattle stealing the Kings.

If Maloofs want profit sharing and running the team that's ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Maloofs are better owners than anyone in Seattle. Without the debacle we wouldn't even be talking about Seattle stealing the Kings.

If Maloofs want profit sharing and running the team that's ok with me.
    you are the worst troll.. at least make it less obvious

Banned

you are the worst troll.. at least make it less obvious
    What's wrong with the Maloofs? They have inside tract on what needs to be done for an arena. Their team has been profitable up until this past couple of years.

I don't see anything wrong with part ownership if it doesn't work out in Seattle, he can do a buyout and move them back to Sacramento.

I think that's what the Maloofs really want. Part ownership because Seattle offers them an arena. Sac builds an arena and if it doesn't succeed in Seattle, they can move back.

I think this is pretty fair for both parties considering the situation that Seattle is stealing a team from Sac.

Banned

This is a brilliant move by the Maloofs and the ball is in Seattle's court. Lets see how much the city really wants a team.

The truth will come out whether they really got a team stolen from them or they let it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
    It's not over. If you guys in Seattle think this thing is over then you don't know the Maloofs. They will piss EVERYONE off by the time this thing is done.

So true. I was just reading some where yesterday where the Maloofs, before they sign off on any deal, want a piece of the team and a say in the daily operations of the new "Sonics". That includes trade deals, buidling operations, and other matters related to the team if the move to Seattle.

TBQH Seattle did a crappy job of supporting their team before, so what makes people think they're going to do a better job of supporting them now? Maybe Seattle is just a sh1tty basketball city. My brother/nephews live in Seattle and they claim that nobody seems to give a crap about NBA there and it's rare for them to meet people that still care about the Sonics being gone and wanting them back.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    So true. I was just reading some where yesterday where the Maloofs, before they sign off on any deal, want a piece of the team and a say in the daily operations of the new "Sonics". That includes trade deals, buidling operations, and other matters related to the team if the move to Seattle.
    Sonics fans are getting a small insight into the way the Maloofs operate. This is an excerpt from an interview with Joe Maloof last April where he swears they will not sell or relocate the team. The interviewers question is pretty much what happened, albeit they are selling the team rather than filing for relocation.

Question: "So what's different a year later? A lot of people still suspect your plan is to spend next season in Sacramento and then file for relocation in March".

Joe Maloof: "That's not true, that's not true. I swear that is not going to happen. I don't care what rumors are out there. It's our team. We're not selling, and we're not leaving. Our identity is the Sacramento Kings. That's how we're known".