Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: KG vs Dirk. Gloves off

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I have KG ever so slightly ahead of Dirk all time. I hope/think that Dirk will pass him because Dirk is going to play better at an advanced age.

If I have to build a team around 1 of them. Dirk. I know Dirk can consistently raise his game in the playoffs and has that "it" factor when the game is on the line. The luxury of being able to run your offense through a 7 footer that can also play pick and rolls and hit threes...and is a great one on one player and a great ft shooter trumps what KG gives you on defense in my opinion.

Close games are inevitable in the playoffs...and there is no doubt that Dirk is the guy you want late in a tight game.

Of course this isn't a one on one thing. The supporting cast matters. If KG has a great late game player that can consistently create their own shot and demand a ton of defensive attention....then KG would probably be my pick. Not sure how many players there are out there like that.

As is true with all great players. You don't win alone. Dirk needed Chandler....KG needed Pierce.

. Great post and contribution Mavs. I agree 100 percent. Like I said earlier I don't want people to think I'm bashing Dirk. I like Dirk more as a person and player and would take him first for my own franchise. I'm just trying to rank these guys.

Banned

I am unbiased and I give KG all the credit for:

1. Being extremely loyal to the Wolves and assumed responsibility of them losing in the 1st round of playoffs year in and year out.
    2. Not joining the Fakers, but joining the Celtics and helping them win a ring.

However, Dirk wins this. He's a legend, #2 GOAT PF of all time after Duncan.

Banned

Lets get some stats up in here

Dirk: 23 8 3 on 48%.

KG: 20 11 4 on 50%.

Garnett is just a tiny bit better stats wise. kg gives you defense , dirk gives you more offense. One is soft, one makes your team tougher.

I take KG. I still don't forgive Dirk for missing a ft in 06, he was amazing this year but he's still a choker to me. So is terry, believe me, I think terry is pathetic, but dirk is too good to be forgiven for being up 2-0 and losing. At least one year doesn't make up for it. BUT dirks career is gonna keep going, kg is done. So man, its really close. Dirk gives you few more points on lower %, KG gives you more defense and rebounding but is not as useful in the clutch.

I'm gonna go with Dirk being the better player but rather build around KG and have my team take on his attitude instead of dirks. I just value scoring too much tho so i gotta say dirk isbetter.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Kevin Garnett

Very good NBA starter

has dirk ever had a season comparable to 04 KG? i don't think so.

24 PPG/15 RPG/5 APG/2 SPG/2 BPG/ and DOPY defense.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    has dirk ever had a season comparable to 04 KG? i don't think so.

24 PPG/15 RPG/5 APG/2 SPG/2 BPG/ and DOPY defense.
    Nope.

And neither has Kobe.

3-time NBA All-Star

ill go with dirk. I dont judge players based on stats but based on playing style. And dirk has the best playing style. If only he has the athleticism. In basketball, before you become a scorer, you have to be a defender first or else the coaches wont play you. Just like before you become a manager, you have to start as a rank and file employee first. Thus, being a batman scorer is the highest position in basketball. KG never attain that level and so I dont rank him higher than dirk.

its the reason why dirk has more success than kg in the playoffs and couldve 2 titles right now if wade wasnt gifted with 30 fts.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

I thought we were ranking them on the all time PF list. If that's not the case.......Dirk>>>>>>>>

I put KG above Dirk in the all time list because he's a better all around player. Other than that, I'm with my fellow German jumpshooter.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    I thought we were ranking them on the all time PF list. If that's not the case.......Dirk>>>>>>>>

I put KG above Dirk in the all time list because he's a better all around player. Other than that, I'm with my fellow German jumpshooter.
    We are . People don't read the OP apparently.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Lets get some stats up in here

Dirk: 23 8 3 on 48%.

KG: 20 11 4 on 50%.

Garnett is just a tiny bit better stats wise. kg gives you defense , dirk gives you more offense. One is soft, one makes your team tougher.

I take KG. I still don't forgive Dirk for missing a ft in 06, he was amazing this year but he's still a choker to me. So is terry, believe me, I think terry is pathetic, but dirk is too good to be forgiven for being up 2-0 and losing. At least one year doesn't make up for it. BUT dirks career is gonna keep going, kg is done. So man, its really close. Dirk gives you few more points on lower %, KG gives you more defense and rebounding but is not as useful in the clutch.

I'm gonna go with Dirk being the better player but rather build around KG and have my team take on his attitude instead of dirks. I just value scoring too much tho so i gotta say dirk isbetter.

Wow. How anyone can call Dirk a choker is beyond me. He's one of the most clutch players of all time.

Home of the 16

iight.... heres how you put it in CONTEXT.

NAME ANY PLAYER THAT PLAYS LIKE KG? On the top of my head... Shawn Kemp but he doesnt have a mid-range game like KG.
    NAME ANY PLAYER THAT PLAYS LIKE DIRK? As far as I know... Horry, but Horry has no post-up..

Now you do the math...

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

And here we go again...

"KG ain't clutch."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puj2HzfXXM8

Just because KG doesn't ballhog when the game is on the line and constantly looks for whatever the best option is, doesn't mean he's not clutch. Plus, he's one of the most defensively clutch players of all time, making some of the greatest blocks and steals in crunch time that anyone has ever made.

Btw, I vote KG.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease with malice's Avatar

KG.
    And career-wise, I don't think it's that close.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    Nope.

And neither has Kobe.
    yeah, he has. 2003/2006 and 2007.

anyway, this isn't close. kg is clearly the superior player.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease with malice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Wow. How anyone can call Dirk a choker is beyond me. He's one of the most clutch players of all time.

Yet before the 2011 playoffs, that's exactly what he was known as.