Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Knicks, Melo set to play in Denver tonight

Carmelo Anthony isn't sentimental about his return to the Pepsi Center, a place that will be filled with loud jeers and muffled cheers on Wednesday when his New York Knicks play the Nuggets in Anthony's first visit to town since he was dealt in a blockbuster trade.

"I don't think it will be emotional," Anthony, who played for the Nuggets from 2003-2011, told Yahoo! Sports. "I think it will be crazy sitting on the other bench, sitting on the other side of the court, being in the visitors' locker room. But as far as being emotional, I don't think so."

While about two years and a month have passed, many Nuggets fans are still upset about Anthony's departure.

"Any time a city invests in a star player and there is a perception that a star player doesn't like them there is emotion," said ex-Nugget Scott Hastings, now a Nuggets color analyst and sports talk radio show host in Denver. "There was emotion and there probably still will be emotion. Time heals and it will probably take until the end of 'Melo's career where people will say he gave many good years in Denver."

-- Yahoo
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: