Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Eddy Curry ready for his Miami Heat debut

I liked Curry when he was on the Knicks. Granted I hate the trade Isiah made to acquire Curry but that's a moot point. He didn't rebound, block shots, play post d or pass much when he was on the Knicks but he was a force down low. He was almost an All star one year.

Hopefully he can rebound more and play better post D since the heat don't need him to score much. He will come in handy against the bigger centers in the league.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    I liked Curry when he was on the Knicks. Granted I hate the trade Isiah made to acquire Curry but that's a moot point. He didn't rebound, block shots, play post d or pass much when he was on the Knicks but he was a force down low. He was almost an All star one year.

Hopefully he can rebound more and play better post D since the heat don't need him to score much. He will come in handy against the bigger centers in the league.

It seems like they are trying to specialize their C position to me, when they need defense Anthony will get more minutes, when they need more offense from the C spot they will bring Curry in. It's much harder to shade LeBron or Wade if Curry is down low with Bosh in the high post, because Curry will finish at the basket which Anthony struggles with.

They defended Bynum really well yesterday with Anthony despite giving up so much size, they swarm and recover better than any team in the league.

so can i get a pat on the back?

Curry was not brought in for defense and rebounding obviously, but if he can add that to his game he will be dangerous.

No, Curry is here for low-post offense.