Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930
    HeatFan since Decision

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    So, what's your point? Celtics made a risky move but the move makes a lot of sense and not insane as you are thinking. If they think they can compensate Perks' 9 points 9 rebounds per game from somewhere else; and getting 2 healthy players in return, what bad it is?

Don't pretend you know more than Ainge and the Celtics front office.

I don't need to pretend I know more than them.

It may have been 9 point and 9 rebounds, but the impact Perkins has on the defensive end of the floor is rivaled by very few big men.

I can already see Doc Rivers making excuses for why they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFraud Shames
    I don't need to pretend I know more than them.

It may have been 9 point and 9 rebounds, but the impact Perkins has on the defensive end of the floor is rivaled by very few big men.

I can already see Doc Rivers making excuses for why they lost.
    how many games they have played after the trade? I don't want to argue with you here... just pls don't jump to conclusion that fast just after one game.
    I appreciated the hard work and defense Perkins had, but only the insider knows how bad Perkins' knees are, and what the situation really is. We all see the surface, but don't know what really triggered the trade.
    Don't forget Celtics was really thin in the 3 after Daniels was injured. They desperately needed a backup for PP also. Now they have a quality player who can play the 3; enough big men to cover Perks departure; and room to sign 3 more players. Who can say they really made a bad trade and giving up the chance of winning this year?

It is difficult to lose a core player, but Perks is not irreplaceable IMO.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

I have heard both sides talk about it.

The reason Boston did it starts with the fact that Perk is in the last yr of his contract and rejected their earlier offers of 4yrs/30mil. Ainge thinks the asking price is going to be too high and doesn't want to lose him for nothing. Secondly, since they gave Quis away for somebody who is probably in 9th grade right now, that left Pierce as the only 1 who can guard Carmelo, LeBron, Joe Johnson types and the Celtics weren't comfortable with that. Also with JG being accustomed to playing the 4, that opens the option of them going with a lineup of Rondo/Ray/Paul/Jeff/Kevin. They also talked about negating the pick and roll against most teams (particularly Miami) with that lineup because they would just switch everything. You also get Krstic back who gives you a jumpshooting 5 and therefore spaces the floor better for Rondo to drive when he runs pick and roll with him, his defender can't just crowd the lane because Nads is money out to 18ft. If Boston does make the finals and faces LA, then yes it looks like a bad move.

I'm just upset for JG to get traded somewhere not going to use him to his full potential. He has all star talent (especially since in the East 17ppg gets you in) and Doc admittedly hasn't figured out where to use him. I think he had 7 in the game I just watched against Utah and played mostly with the "barely in the NBA" guys like Chris Johnson and Avery Bradley.

As for us, we lost plenty of games this yr giving up too many offensive rebounds (to include game 6 in the playoffs against LA), plus he adds an aura of toughness and nastiness we don't really have otherwise. By the way, when introduced Sunday all 3 new guys got a HUGE ovation but Perks was the loudest. We also give up way too many uncontested 3s because it's like we don't trust our post guys to defend 1 on 1. Hopefully with Perk down there we can stop ball watching and stay home on the perimeter.

He admitted to crying when he heard about the trade but is also in good spirits about being here and enjoys the guys and even said he thinks he'll resign in the summer. Nate said he likes the team too, especially Sonic and he wants to franchise one Nazr said he's just going to enjoy being around such a great ground of young guys, plus he's coming from Charlotte so no way this isn't an improvement.

Here's the game programs from Sunday's Lakers game

^That's awesome; good for the Thunder.

Learning to shoot layups

Thunder sign him to a 4 year extension. Lets hope he stays healthy.

According to a report from Yahoo, the deal was worth $34.8 million over four years.

Read more: http://newsok.com/thunder-signs-kend...#ixzz1FMkeRTiN

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Adonis

According to a report from Yahoo, the deal was worth $34.8 million over four years.

jesus christ and we gave travis outlaw more money

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Adonis

Potentially great move for OKC. If he stays healthy he'll be worth the money.

Good move for Perk as well, that's 12 million more than Boston would offer.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Potentially great move for OKC. If he stays healthy he'll be worth the money.

Good move for Perk as well, that's 12 million more than Boston would offer.
    We offered him the max we could. There's no way we would have wanted to pay what some teams would pay in free agency for Perk.

Saw a basketball once

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"]I don't need to wait until the playoffs come, and get out of here with that Finals crap.

Celtics traded their only valuable chip aside from Rondo, for Paul Pierce's backup.

Simple as that.

So, what's your point? Celtics made a risky move but the move makes a lot of sense and not insane as you are thinking. If they think they can compensate Perks' 9 points 9 rebounds per game from somewhere else; and getting 2 healthy players in return, what bad it is?

Don't pretend you know more than Ainge and the Celtics front office.

It also helps the Celtics a lot because they already have enough inside players and more outside players would help a lot more.[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Wow, that's a surprisingly good deal for Perkins.

OKC cashing in. Their front office has been money lately.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Great sign by the Thunder. The players, coaches and front office must have immediately seen something in Perk they liked and vice-versa for this deal to get done so quickly. As long as he stays healthy, we just picked up the strong inside presence we have needed for the long haul.