Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Channing Frye's value

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Channing Frye's value = sh*t
    Thats nice. How's Zach working for you? :)

No to: Frye+13 for #9 (doesn't work salary wise anyway).

No to:

Blake
    Frye

for

Dudley
    S.May/Morrison

Dudley isn't sufficient to backup Aldridge.

HELL NO to:
    Harrison+2nd rounder for Frye

I'd be willing to negotiate something for Felton though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    If they value May or Morrison they can have them. We don't really want them any more here in Charlotte.
    Hmm... I guess this next trade idea depends on how willing you are to get rid of those 2.

Felton
    May
    Morrison

for

Frye
    Blake
    Sergio
    Webster
    (heck, a 2nd rounder or 2 too if you'd like)

Why it works for Charlotte: They lose Felton which is the most painful part, but they got a decent PG in Blake that could fit into a Larry Brown coached team very well. You also get Sergio for backup and possibly for the future. Brown's strictness could either help Sergio meet his potential, or cripple him emotionally. Could go either way with him. Webster to me is an upgrade over Morrison, mainly because he can do other things besides shoot (including defend). May is probably better than Frye, but Frye is a more sure thing considering he has never had microfracture knee surgery.

Why it works for Portland: They get their PG in Felton. May is a gamble but could be a good backup if he comes back healthy. Morrison could become a shooter off the bench. He really wouldn't be asked to do anything else.

Blazer line-up:
    PG: Felton/Jack/(#13?)
    SG: Roy/Fernandez/(#13?)
    SF: Outlaw/Morrison/J. Jones
    PF: Aldridge/May/McRoberts
    C: Oden/Przybilla/LaFrentz

Btw, I don't know the rotation of the Bobcats very well so I didn't put it down.

Never mind on the trade above. I didn't realize that May has only played about 70 games in 3 seasons.

Decent playground baller

Maybe a trade that involves Frye + something else for Morrison could work. The blazers could use more shooters; gives Oden more space. Bobcats could use a big that can score well.

Morrison better not be the key component of a trade coming to the Blazers. Felton is really the only guy on that squad that I'm interested in. After that, I think we would need a 3rd team involved, because I don't see anybody respectable to replace Frye as our backup PF.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Morrison better not be the key component of a trade coming to the Blazers. Felton is really the only guy on that squad that I'm interested in. After that, I think we would need a 3rd team involved, because I don't see anybody respectable to replace Frye as our backup PF.
    It is kind of sad seeing Morrison's value falling so much. I thought he would've been a good player (like 15pts, 3asts. 3rbs, and 1stls type) when he was drafted...but since he was injured so much maybe he can still turn out okay

Quote Originally Posted by laview
    It is kind of sad seeing Morrison's value falling so much. I thought he would've been a good player (like 15pts, 3asts. 3rbs, and 1stls type) when he was drafted...but since he was injured so much maybe he can still turn out okay
    I think he can develop to be a good 2nd string guy. Though, I would want more defense from a 2nd string guy. His whole career depends on whether his jump shot becomes efficient like it was in college. Unfortunately, some great college shooters never develop the range to consistently hit the 3 in the NBA. I personally thought he wouldn't be very good in the NBA before he was drafted. I was irritated that some Blazer fans held rallies chanting "Draft the Stache". I'm glad they didn't. I was pulling for us to draft Rudy Gay, but we didn't go wrong with Roy and Aldridge instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Why would we give up our starting point guard for Frye? Be serious man. The only way it works is if the Blazers have their own on somebody in the draft and want to slide up a few spots from 13 to 9, and in a deal like that why would we give up the best player in the deal for the right to slide back 4 draft picks? Unless you're willing to give up the 13 and Frye for Felton and no pick or our 2nd rounder (which I doubt) than nothing else you would offer would makes sense for us.