Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group F (Macedonia, Greece, Finland, Russia, Slovenia, Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by bletchley
    oh god ,you seriously think that stupid greece team can beat these teams
    You are ridiculous.

Greece could easily beat teams like Lithuania, Germany, Turkey. Spain? No. France? Probably not. They could beat any of those other 3. Not saying they would, or would not.

But it would be no different than a 50/50 against Lithuania and Turkey, and Greece could beat Germany with hardly breaking a sweat even.

Slovenia and Russia can beat any team from the other group, including Spain. Again, not saying they would, but they certainly are capable of it.

I don't think Germany is even any better than FYROM.

If you really think that no team from that group can beat any of the teams from the other group, then you are just a complete noob about basketball.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-07-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Saw a basketball once bletchley's Avatar

Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group F (Macedonia, Greece, Finland, Russia, Slovenia, Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You are ridiculous.

Greece could easily beat teams like Lithuania, Germany, Turkey. Spain? No. France? Probably not. They could beat any of those other 3. Not saying they would, or would not.

But it would be no different than a 50/50 against Lithuania and Turkey, and Greece would beat Germany with hardly breaking a sweat even.

Slovenia and Russia can beat any team from the other group, including Spain. Again, not saying they would, but they certainly are capable of it.

If you really think that no team from that group can beat any of the teams from the other group, then you are just a complete noob about basketball.
    c'mon , slovenia and russia can beat these ones in quarter finals but it is because of the hardness of the group e , they will be really tired otherwise slovenija and russia would have no chance to reach semi finals
    and germany>>macedonia>greece at least in this tournament

You are ridiculous.

But it would be no different than a 50/50 against Lithuania and Turkey, and Greece would beat Germany with hardly breaking a sweat even.

Fear, can you feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    So, who would beat who between groups?
    Macedonia will definitely beat Germany, and probably Turkey too

c'mon , slovenia and russia can beat these ones in quarter finals but it is because of the hardness of the group e , they will be really tired otherwise slovenija and russia would have no chance to reach semi finals
    and germany>>macedonia>greece at least in this tournament
    You are completely off your rocker. It's not even worth discussing with you.

You are completely off your rocker. It's not even worth discussing with you.
    you believe turkey is the worst team in group e , and last year they beat slovenija(u think it is a great team ) 95-68 on quarter finals
    a few years ago greece and slovenija were the some of the top teams in europe but now they are no more than an avarage team

you believe turkey is the worst team in group e , and last year they beat slovenija(u think it is a great team ) 95-68 on quarter finals
    a few years ago greece and slovenija were the some of the top teams in europe but now they are no more than an avarage team
    I never said anything about Turkey being the worst team in their group.

Last year does not count. Only American NBA fans count that tournament to have any meaning at all. Turkey was reffed in their favor by 80/20 in every game except the final.

For god's sake, the refs took away a 3 point shot at halftime in their game against Greece after spending about 5 minutes reviewing it on video. This aired lived on TV and there was like 2-3 seconds on the clock when the ball went in the net.

They showed it on TV for minutes on end over and over as the refs kept staring at the replay..............then they just waived off the basket all of a sudden and said it was no good.

The refs stood there and watched Tunceri step out of bounds in the game against Serbia at the end.........stood there and watched it, looked down, almost even motioned to it, from the replay the ref clearly looked right at it and reacted by his expression, then they just stood there and never blew the whistle and counted a made basket for Turkey to advance.

Even after it was reviewed by the FIBA officials at the tournament they said that he did not step out of bounds and Serbia was just making up nonsense complaints...........

That whole freaking tournament was a complete joke. USA and Turkey were literally hand delivered to the final by the refs.

They even switched the brackets right before the tournament to ensure a match up in the final. Anyone that takes any result of that tournament last year for Turkey seriously is totally freaking delusional.

I never said anything about Turkey being the worst team in their group.

Last year does not count. Only American NBA fans count that tournament to have any meaning at all. Turkey was reffed in their favor by 80/20 in every game except the final.

For god's sake, the refs took away a 3 point shot at halftime in their game against Greece after spending about 5 minutes reviewing it on video. This aired lived on TV and there was like 2-3 seconds on the clock when the ball went in the net.

They showed it on TV for minutes on end over and over as the refs kept staring at the replay..............then they just waived off the basket all of a sudden and said it was no good.

The refs stood there and watched Tunceri step out of bounds in the game against Serbia at the end.........stood there and watched it, looked down, almost even motioned to it, from the replay the ref clearly looked right at it and reacted by his expression, then they just stood there and never blew the whistle and counted a made basket for Turkey to advance.

Even after it was reviewed by the FIBA officials at the tournament they said that he did not step out of bounds and Serbia was just making up nonsense complaints...........

That whole freaking tournament was a complete joke. USA and Turkey were literally hand delivered to the final by the refs.

They even switched the brackets right before the tournament to ensure a match up in the final. Anyone that takes any result of that tournament last year for Turkey seriously is totally freaking delusional.
    yeah yeah everyone knows about the serbia game,refs obviously raped that game , but nothing was wrong with that slovenija or the other games believe me ;)

yeah yeah everyone knows about the serbia game,refs obviously raped that game , but nothing was wrong with that slovenija or the other games believe me ;)
    Turkey was given 80/20 reffing in every game they played except the final. You are completely kidding yourself if you think anything different. The refs were on a mission to help them in every game.

Even at the group stage the games against Puerto Rico and Greece were blatantly rigged by the refs.

Saw a basketball once

1. Greece 4-1
    2. Finland 3-2 (yes, they will shock Russia and Slovenia)
    3. Russia 3-2
    4. Slovenia 2-3
    ---------------
    5. Fyrom 2-3 (yes, they will choke)
    6. Georgia 1-4
    Last edited by Airball Ahead; 09-07-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airball Ahead
    1. Greece 4-1
    2. Finland 3-2 (yes, they will shock Russia and Slovenia)
    3. Russia 3-2
    4. Slovenia 2-3
    ---------------
    5. Fyrom 2-3 (yes, they will choke)
    6. Georgia 1-4
    damn another euroleague account ?

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Nah man, it's a Finnish poster (I think, lol). That team is really fun to watch.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    I'm glad to see people still don't respect Finland, it makes the victories taste even better organized defense, organized offense, organized basketball. With good coaching, even a Legadue&Finnish league skill-leveled team can succeed in EuroBasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Airball Ahead
    I'm glad to see people still don't respect Finland, it makes the victories taste even better organized defense, organized offense, organized basketball. With good coaching, even a Legadue&Finnish league skill-leveled team can succeed in EuroBasket.
    Don't forget great 3 point shooting.

Sasu Salin and Koivisto have impressed me with their shooting

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Don't forget great 3 point shooting.

Sasu Salin and Koivisto have impressed me with their shooting
    Yup.

Finns haven't had a _GREAT_ shooting night here yet, though. During the last few years, Finland has been able to defeat many world class teams: France, Serbia, Italy etc. during these matches we shot like 50-60% beyond the arc. So there is more to come.