Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Bosh

Default Re: Chris Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    1) Chris Bosh did not name them the Big 3. I don't care what anyone calls them, it is absolutely absurd to put Bosh on the same level as Lebron and Wade.

2) Are you suggesting he should have negotiated his contract down? Why the hell would he not accept that monstrous contract? That is 100% Miami's fault. I said it once, I'll say it again - if they expected him to be a monster rebounder and defensive anchor, they shouldn't have given him the contract they did. It's not up to Bosh to haggle his own freakin contract down.

3) Yeah, he should've been a total buzzkill at the welcome party. He should've just sat in a corner pouting the whole time like a 7th grade emo kid. Forget being happy to be playing on a sure-fire championship contender with two of your closest peers. He should've been pissed about it.
    1. Fair enough. But I listening to ISH Bosh is every bit of an all-star and one of the main reasons why the Heat "are the most stacked team in NBA history."

2. Yep. Lebron (he'll never do it) should go up to Bosh and say, "Bro, if you going to let me out score, assist, play more, have the offensive burden, and on top of that rebound you--Imma need a portion of your check."

This isn't the Miami Cavaliers or the Miami Lebrons. Pat Riley and Lebron (and Wade, etc) didn't form this team so Lebron would once again dominate his teammates in every relevant statistical category.

Bosh should either give a portion of his check to Lebron, or get traded for someone who will not allow his SF--who already does everything else-- to out rebound him too.

3. Part of the reason why the Heat were a "sure fire championship contenders" was because Bosh was expected to contribute more than 8/4 against our conference's biggest opponent. So yes, if he was not planning on adjusting his game or having some professional pride...

he should have sat is butt down in a corner and watched like the rest of us.

Yeah, but that mode of thought is dependent on the claim that Bosh = Bron/Wade. Lebron is a generational talent, arguably more talented than Jordan. Wade is a first ballot hall of famer, a former championship leader and an elite all-time great in his own right. Bosh is merely a perennial all-star in the weakest big man era in a long time. He's a very good player. But to expect him to adapt the way Lebron and Wade have is a bit unfair.

He's not 260 pounds. He's relatively slim and really not that strong. And anyways, some people are just born that way. Not everyone has the tenacity of Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace, guys who could be undersized. and still be one-man wrecking crews in the paint. And the max contract isn't on him. He's expected to look for his money, and they gave it to him. His skills were known clearly before he signed, and they shouldn't have signed him to that deal if they were expecting some rebounding/defensive monster in the paint.
    He's not on LeBron's or Wade's level, but dude is talented. If he works hard, he can actually adapt. Miami doesn't need him to be a defensive anchor in the likes of Big Ben or Rodman. We just need him to grab ~8-10 boards a game. Begin aggressive on the offensive end, instead of taking 6 3 pointers a game. Box out opponents, instead of just staring at the ball. He just needs to up aggressiveness by 20% and that would do WONDERS for this Heat team. That's the only problem I have with him. Dude talks a lot about being aggressive, but never backs up his word. I actually liked him, until he turned into a complete marshmallow. Love is not big either and is not even close to being as talented as Bosh. AD? Dude is a monster and is about half of Bosh's size. 37 year old Timmy OWNED Bosh in the playoffs last season. Literally every big man DESTROYS Bosh.

Once again, I'm not talking about vast improvements. Just being a bit more aggressive. Box out opponents and grab rebounds. IIRC, Wade averaged more rebounds than Bosh against the Pacers last season. A 6' 3.5" Wade.

My bad. Dude's 245. He was ~230 and put on 15 lbs of muscle.
    Last edited by aj1987; 03-27-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

I would just like to thank you all for not turning this thread into a troll-feast.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    He's not of LeBron's of Wade's level, but good is talented. If he works hard, he can actually adapt. Miami doesn't need him to be a defensive anchor in the likes of Big Ben or Rodman. We just need him to grab ~8-10 boards a game. Begin aggressive on the offensive end, instead of taking 6 3 pointers a game. Box out opponents, instead of just staring at the ball. He just needs to up aggressiveness by 20% and that would do WONDERS for this Heat team. That's the only problem I have with him. Dude talks a lot about being aggressive, but never backs up his word. I actually liked him, until he turned into a complete marshmallow. Love is not big either and is not even close to being as talented as Bosh. AD? Dude is a monster and is about half of Bosh's size. 37 year old Timmy OWNED Bosh in the playoffs last season. Literally every big man DESTROYS Bosh.

Once again, I'm not talking about vast improvements. Just being a bit more aggressive. Box out opponents and grab rebounds. IIRC, Wade averaged more rebounds than Bosh against the Pacers last season. A 6' 3.5" Wade.

My bad. Dude's 245. He was ~230 and put on 15 lbs of muscle.
    Exactly, Bosh is the first player to talk about what they need to do or what he needs to do but then never does it in the game. Last year, Bosh said that he would focus on upping his rebounds and he was going to try to average 10 per game. Instead he averaged 6.8, the lowest of his career. This year he is heading for another 6.8 average.

I am tired of Chris Bosh talking about what he needs to do and how he is going to do it.

Miami are stacked on names ALONE but not on actual production.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

1) Chris Bosh did not name them the Big 3. I don't care what anyone calls them, it is absolutely absurd to put Bosh on the same level as Lebron and Wade.

2) Are you suggesting he should have negotiated his contract down? Why the hell would he not accept that monstrous contract? That is 100% Miami's fault. I said it once, I'll say it again - if they expected him to be a monster rebounder and defensive anchor, they shouldn't have given him the contract they did. It's not up to Bosh to haggle his own freakin contract down.

3) Yeah, he should've been a total buzzkill at the welcome party. He should've just sat in a corner pouting the whole time like a 7th grade emo kid. Forget being happy to be playing on a sure-fire championship contender with two of your closest peers. He should've been pissed about it.
    I don't care what his style of play is or at who's level you put him.. Miami sure as hell didn't sign him for 100 million dollars to produce 8 points and 4 rebounds in a game like this.

lol @ Milbuck desperately defending Bosh with 'don't hold it against him he's a ****ing ***** who continuously becomes non-existent in big games' bs. There is no excuse which justifies Bosh's complete inability to rebound the ball, and also his ability to even half turn-up when the Heat needs him. 8 points and 4 boards: you have to be ****ing kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by supermechasonic
    While Everyone is debating about the whether or not Lebron should have passed the ball or not we are neglecting the abject failure of Bosh on the court today. He NEVER shows up against teams with legit bigs. Bosh has no heart. I'm not exaggerating. He has ZERO spirit.
    And yet Vogel and Pop decided it was better to give Lebron open wide paint than let Bosh shoot a wide open three, basically gifting LEbron a championship.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    And yet Vogel and Pop decided it was better to give Lebron open wide paint than let Bosh shoot a wide open three, basically gifting LEbron a championship.

Earned not given
    How many points did Bosh have in both the Game 7's? How many did LeBron have? Can you also post their series averages please?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

we gonna act like Bosh didn't hit a clutch 3 to kep them in the game after Bran started his hot potatoes routine?

Bran starks

How many points did Bosh have in both the Game 7's? How many did LeBron have? Can you also post their series averages please?
    basically you just agreed with me, just too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    basically you just agreed with me, just too dumb to see it.
    Can you also please post the number of rebounds that Bosh grabbed in the ECF, compared to Wade and LeBron? If you think the defenses were more concerned with Bosh than LeBron. Also, the Pacers didn't give LeBron room to shoot.

I should bump some of your old posts from '10. Pretty hilarious the way you were wishing that LeBron would come to N.Y.. Shitty ass franchise, with worse fans.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Can you also please post the number of rebounds that Bosh grabbed in the ECF, compared to Wade and LeBron? If you think the defenses were more concerned with Bosh than LeBron. Also, the Pacers didn't give LeBron room to shoot.

I should bump some of your old posts from '10. Pretty hilarious the way you were wishing that LeBron would come to N.Y.. Shitty ass franchise, with worse fans.
    how da fuq is bosh suppose to grab boards when he's by design camped out at the three point line? bran cheeses them boards cause he loves stats

bran starks

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    how da fuq is bosh suppose to grab boards when he's by design camped out at the three point line? bran cheeses them boards cause he loves stats

bran starks
    Watch a game, Kobetard. Bosh hardly even tries to boxout players. Dude watches the ball and only grabs it if it's uncontested and near him. Doesn't even try to bang with players down low. The guy is soft as ****. Freaking Wade grabbed more rebounds than Bosh in the ECF and he's 8 inches shorter.

Kobetards

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

bran starks
    Again with this retarded argument. Bosh guards centers on defense. How is he camped out at the three point line?

That may explain a lack of offensive rebounds...it doesn't explain a lack of defensive rebounds.