Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe convinced Nash

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Moving goalposts! Moving goalposts! Moving goalposts!

Kobe 30+
    Nash, closer to 40 than 30.

Wade, Bosh and Bron, all in their mid 20s and absolute primes.

I don't recall Kobe taking less money either, just to bring in new players, but I do remember 3 guys agreeing to take less to play with eachother.

Goal posts are still in the exact same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    True. Kobe actually has a jump-shot.
    He sure does. Too bad it doesn't go in 60% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    He's already got the best front court in the league. He ought to learn how to use it to get good shots.
    He did, and got 2 FMVPs for it.

Not Kobes fault that the last two seasons his big men wet the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Kobe 30+
    Nash, closer to 40 than 30.

Wade, Bosh and Bron, all in their mid 20s and absolute primes.

I don't recall Kobe taking less money either, just to bring in new players, but I do remember 3 guys agreeing to take less to play with eachother.

Goal posts are still in the exact same spot.
    God you're an idiot.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Kobe's not Dwyane Wade. He'll be perfectly fine catching and shooting.
    I didn't say he was weak at it, I said he needs to perfect it...he's ball dominant and likes to work out of iso situations, more than not...every now and then u will see him come off a pick and shoot.....Nash is a ball dominant point, who likes to create shots for his teammates, sometimes freelancing....if he passes the ball to Kobe and becomes a spot up shooter, this trade won't mean crap...if Kobe let's him do what he does and decides to let Nash create shots for him...Kobe will benefit and be stronger for a playoff push.

Banned

Kobe has lost his 3 point shooting ability. He can knock down mid-range jumpers but he really is inefficient and poor at shooting and making 3s though so the Lakers should try to get more shooters because Kobe really isn't one these days.

If you don't believe me you can go check his 3 point shooting numbers last season in the regular and post-season. It was exactly 30% or under for both.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    He did, and got 2 FMVPs for it.

Not Kobes fault that the last two seasons his big men wet the bed.
    Bynum has only gotten better over the seasons. Kobe on the other hand, not so much, yet continues to throw up 20+ shots like it will help the team or something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    I didn't say he was weak at it, I said he needs to perfect it...he's ball dominant and likes to work out of iso situations, more than not...every now and then u will see him come off a pick and shoot.....Nash is a ball dominant point, who likes to create shots for his teammates, sometimes freelancing....if he passes the ball to Kobe and becomes a spot up shooter, this trade won't mean crap...if Kobe let's him do what he does and decides to let Nash create shots for him...Kobe will benefit and be stronger for a playoff push.
    I agree I hope kobe is willing to work with nash and let those open 3s and jumpers come to him. They can extend each others careers

Man im so excited right now.. but we still need to do something else

God you're an idiot.
    Really?

What exactly are the similarities between the two situations?

Kobe wasn't a free agent.
    He isn't in his prime. In fact, clowns like you have been calling for his demise for years now. So whats the big deal if he brings in a point guard who plays no defense, at the age of 37? Its not like he called two top ten players in their primes and colluded with them to make a team.

The only idiot is the person trying to claim its the same situation when its clearly not.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Kobe has lost his 3 point shooting ability. He can knock down mid-range jumpers but he really is inefficient and poor at shooting and making 3s though so the Lakers should try to get more shooters because Kobe really isn't one these days.

If you don't believe me you can go check his 3 point shooting numbers last season in the regular and post-season. It was exactly 30% or under for both.
    He hasn't lost his ability, he's lost his legs...if he let's Nash create for him, he will conserve energy and be very dangerous...but it's up to him, too sacrifice his iso game, which requires way more energy..to much at this stage in his career.

Almost as good as Kobe's patented "better scream 'HEYYYYYY' whenever someone gets close to me so the refs call a foul".
    But that's not his go to move and he doesn't rely on it. D-Whistle does because he has a broken jump shot and his athleticism has declined. Dude relies on the refs more than any player I've ever seen.

Washed up sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Are you guys seriously trying to compare a 38 year old Nash being recruited by a 34 year old Kobe to a 27 year old LeBron playing with 2 prime superstars?
    Its just panic bro, they are reaching, they got nothing

Very good NBA starter

He sure does. Too bad it doesn't go in 60% of the time
    Too bad he's been at around 50% from 10-15 ft the last couple of years, and 41-42% from 16-23 feet.

Both excellent numbers.

He'll be fine.

Finally he won't be asked to take care of the play-making and scoring.

His life will be so much easier.

So excited.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    He hasn't lost his ability, he's lost his legs...if he let's Nash create for him, he will conserve energy and be very dangerous...but it's up to him, too sacrifice his iso game, which requires way more energy..to much at this stage in his career.
    wish i could print out ur posts and mail them to kobe along with a nice glass case for his 6th championship ring that he can get if he follows directions

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    Bynum has only gotten better over the seasons. Kobe on the other hand, not so much, yet continues to throw up 20+ shots like it will help the team or something.
    Uh, do you even realize the age of these players?

Bynum isn't even 25, hes supposed to be getting better every year.

Kobe, is nearing his mid 30s, hes supposed to be finished progressing as a player.

What exactly is your point? That he puts up 20 plus shots? Big deal, hes done it his entire career and has the most rings from anyone in this era. How is that a problem?