Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Derek Fisher as possible Knicks coach?

I have no issue with us getting Fisher or going after Kerr. I do have an issue with the way our coaching search was handled. Granted, we're all on the outside looking in, but it doesn't appear Phil did his due diliigence. It looks like he just wanted a ventriloquist dummy to carry out the coaching PHIL-osophy he's too unhealthy to implement for an 82 game season. While to some this may seem like an excellent idea, I do not like it at all. I want a good coach. Not just an obedient one. Knowing how to listen to Phil doesn't mean you know how to make on the fly, in game adjustments. So you may have a great plan A, but freeze up when it comes to plan B.

don't even get me started on the $5mill per pricetag lmao I think that's more than any contract he's gotten as a player in his lengthy career.
    Last edited by franchize; 06-10-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

So now Phil has an extension of himself on the bench for the same amount of time he'll be here.

I like it solely it promote stability, but Fisher certainly has player respect and is a leader type. Nobody kept Kobe under wraps better than he did.

I'm good with this, since the man with 11 rings is good with this.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    So now Phil has an extension of himself on the bench for the same amount of time he'll be here.

I like it solely it promote stability, but Fisher certainly has player respect and is a leader type. Nobody kept Kobe under wraps better than he did.

I'm good with this, since the man with 11 rings is good with this.
    I'm riding with this. And I think PJ wanted Fish all along, but that's my opinion.

Fish will be worth every penny. You can bump this anytime.

Default Re: Derek Fisher is new Knicks head coach

Popovich still jokingly questioned Fisher

Default Re: Derek Fisher is new Knicks head coach

I have a feeling that this is step 1 in fishers development to taking Phil's current job. In 5 years fisher is team president and the coach is Luke Walton or someone like that that they both groom over these next few years. Phil is a genius for getting tons of cash and being able to have others do the dirty work for him.